EPISODE 215 — Loneliness

24 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 5,223 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

Singer-songwriter Sarah Ruth stops by the hatch to discuss loneliness. Sarah gives us tips on how to be a loner which includes: taking yourself on a date, relating to yourself as another person, and being okay with having an imaginary friend.
listen to scott aukerman on the latest ep of my podcast trends with benefits twb.cool

#2 Johnny Scarebags

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:24 AM

Oh my, this episode is a strong contender for episode of the year.. Sarah is ridiculously endearing!

#3 blau

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanadia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

I am also loner! And an orphan! And sometimes lonely! I think Sarah and I should be friends. We can hang out alone together.

(Seriously, she is adorable.)

#4 mikebonetti

Jukebox Musical Character

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Find a penny, pick it up. All the day, you'll have good luck.

#5 kopello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

Oh my god Kyle's video is amazing. Im surprised by how good he looks! I always thought he was joking about the gym stuff but it seems he's really been creaming his lats.

#6 djsexyrandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

Good to hear everyone together in the same room again! Sounds like they had to hustle to get this one done and I appreciate the work.

I'm halfway through and am fascinated by the strange but endearing Sarah Ruth.

#7 Loco_por_los_Cornballs

Pool Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

Another good way to ward off loneliness or feeling alone.... listening to podcasts!

Great to have the whole gang back in the hatch. And the guest was delightful. It was fun hearing a non-comedian/improv person playing along with Kyle's Christ High silliness.

#8 carp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:18 PM

I love this show so much and really appreciate all of the different types of guests for each topic. But, Tig's general lack of care for everything and anyone other than her and her life is getting old. I felt bad for Sarah needing to correct the name of her imaginary friend Pingle who was obviously very special to her. I miss the old days when Tig actually liked doing this podcast and invested energy into the guests. Maybe a spinoff from blastoff with just the two amigos?

#9 meagel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

Sarah was so sweet and charming! And I am an extrovert who really struggles with loneliness, so it was nice to hear a new take on the subject. And it was warm and fuzzy to have everyone back home in the hatch together :) And just to let Kyle know ,if he reads this--yes, I had a good experience watching your video. You are an Adonis.

#10 platonicsolids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

View Postcarp, on 08 July 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

I love this show so much and really appreciate all of the different types of guests for each topic. But, Tig's general lack of care for everything and anyone other than her and her life is getting old. I felt bad for Sarah needing to correct the name of her imaginary friend Pingle who was obviously very special to her. I miss the old days when Tig actually liked doing this podcast and invested energy into the guests. Maybe a spinoff from blastoff with just the two amigos?

She just got out of the hospital, cut her a little slack.

#11 FlippityFlops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

Great episode, Sara was a really great guest. Christ high is still killing me, so gd funny.

#12 seaants

Engineer Sam Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationFrench Canada

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

EDITED: Because I felt I came off too harshly. I'm a huge fan of the show, I just hope that Tig still enjoys doing it for a while to come and doesn't become too busy to record. I would listen to a podcast with just David and Kyle but it wouldn't quite be the same without Tig's salty quips.

#13 DreamWorrier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

I loved this episode. Does anyone have a twitter/facebook/whatever link for Sarah? Her name isn't easy to google.

#14 Dan Engler

Ombudsman

• Administrators
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostDreamWorrier, on 08 July 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

I loved this episode. Does anyone have a twitter/facebook/whatever link for Sarah? Her name isn't easy to google.

Her full name is Sarah Ruth Alexander, but there's a British actress (who I recognize from the fantastic Green Wing) named Sarah Alexander, so I guess she goes by "Sarah Ruth" to avoid confusion. She seems to be largely absent from social media, although her record label is Pour le Corps and you can check out her music on their Soundcloud channel.
Disclaimer: I am not an Earwolf employee. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Midroll Media LLC.

#15 PourleCorps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

Sarah Ruth's "Words on the Wind" album can be found here: https://pourlecorpsr...mp.com/releases or on iTunes/Spotify/etc.

View PostDreamWorrier, on 08 July 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

#16 DreamWorrier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostDan Engler, on 08 July 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

Her full name is Sarah Ruth Alexander, but there's a British actress (who I recognize from the fantastic Green Wing) named Sarah Alexander, so I guess she goes by "Sarah Ruth" to avoid confusion. She seems to be largely absent from social media, although her record label is Pour le Corps and you can check out her music on their Soundcloud channel.

View PostPourleCorps, on 08 July 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

Sarah Ruth's "Words on the Wind" album can be found here: https://pourlecorpsr...mp.com/releases or on iTunes/Spotify/etc.

Thank you both!

#17 gberry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

Here is a link to Sarah Ruth's Facebook:
https://www.facebook...rawRuth?fref=ts

#18 DJ Squalls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

"I hope I don't sound schmucky, ya know, like that pick up artist guy?"

Sarah just dropping cherries on the top of a fantastic sundae of an episode.
"Fuck them in the knuckles." - Professor Stillwater

#19 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

Good episode. Sarah was kind of endearingly weird and meshed well with the gang. I'm glad that it's getting fleshed out into something more than the same few lines over and over again, but I think I've had enough of Christ High as a weekly feature.

Oh, also, putting a more positive spin on Tig's lack of engagement, sounds like she'll be on an upcoming CBB!

#20 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostKickpuncher, on 09 July 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

Good episode. Sarah was kind of endearingly weird and meshed well with the gang. I'm glad that it's getting fleshed out into something more than the same few lines over and over again, but I think I've had enough of Christ High as a weekly feature.

Never stop Christ High. Never. Kyle insisting on improv jump ins but also insisting on them sticking to the script that he never told anyone about was some of the best pod lately.

What a goofy fun episode. Sarah was game for anything.
Top Ten Punkys on the board