🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 361 — Waiting for Infinnerty

When they brought up Lou Diamond Phillips, something compelled me to pause the podcast and watch The Big Hit in its entirety before resuming CBB.

4624-3.jpg

I feel like it totally holds up today.

OH GOD! That movie! Wasn't there a guy that just discovered jerking off in it?

• Like 1

This episode was equal parts disgusting and amazing.

Thank you so much for this incredible b-b-b-bonus(edit)-s-s-s-s

• Like 2

Can't believe more people aren't completely losing their shit over this episode. Wasn't a fan of the musical guest (just not my thing), but Gabrus and Gemberling were extraordinarily wonderful. You could tell Scott was having a great time too.

In the top three of the year for me.

C+

• Like 2

Excellent episode. Love Gemberling and Gabrus, and Finnerty was a solid first timer.

Was there an episode where the forum was shitting on Gabrus? I've always thought he's been pretty well received by fans of the show.

I think they were referencing the thread for Monday's episode.

• Like 1

I think the reason why Gino always kills it is pretty simple - there's no real back story to slog through. I can't think of who else can come in with such little backstory and is just free to shoot the shit on the fly without it changing the cosmetics of the character, so there's this unrestrained freedom in all of it.

• Like 4

This episode almost killed me a couple times.

I was hoping someone would've blurted out DJ Tanner when "quim" was mentioned. That convo wasn't awkward enough.

P.s.The CBB Bump is what Gino's ex-wife calls Gino's dick.

I think the reason why Gino always kills it is pretty simple - there's no real back story to slog through. I can't think of who else can come in with such little backstory and is just free to shoot the shit on the fly without it changing the cosmetics of the character, so there's this unrestrained freedom in all of it.

I feel like this is dead on. There's no mythology and no backstory for hosts to go over and listeners to catch up on, but Gabrus has in my opinion one of the quickest and sharpest comedic minds in the world. It's also the reason why Gino is (rightfully) a fan favorite but hasn't made a CBB BotY yet - he can be deployed when you may not have murderer's row of guests, but he can single-handedly carry the show in a lower key way.

• Like 2

Totally agree with this, was thinking the same thing.

couldn't help but think of harris after every dj tanner reference

This episode just randomly came up on my player, laughed my ass off, it fell out of my car and I almost got in an accident, but I survived.