🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 216 — Optogenetics

Kyle and David are Tig-less this week in a chat with a friend of the show from North Carolina Jeff McInnis who has a Ph.D in Neuroscience, about controlling the brain with light. Jeff talks to the guys about testing the effects of light on mice, brain chemistry and decision making, and brain mapping.

Trump saying "Oh thats very funny David" killed me, very good episode kinda reminded me of the older ones! Great guest too!

How privileged are we to hear Kyle's creative process give birth to something as beautiful as Christ High?

• Like 4

I don't know which is The Best - all the creative output for Christ High by Kyle, or David's ...feedback? Regardless, can't way to hear more (and good job with the impromptu harmonizing, David!)

I feel so blessed to have heard this episode. Informative, philosophical, FUNNY -- nice one fellas!

How privileged are we to hear Kyle's creative process give birth to something as beautiful as Christ High?

I just feel blessed, I feel gratitude every day. Just blessed.

Did anyone else have problems with the volume being too low? It was painfully low for me this episode - like British podcast levels low (the Economist and Naked Scientist are both pretty quiet).

So they're ending the show according to the website but the link they have just leads to a Bob Ducca episode. I'm refreshing my phone every 20 minutes to see if it's up yet...

Gosh darn it this episode was so great that I am now extra saddened that the podcast is ending. I understand if they don't want to, but I would listen the heck out of just Kyle and David--they've been seeming to get along a lot better lately!

And what a charming, knowledgable guest!

It's worth noting when talking about brains and stars that the number of stars in the Milky Way is 4 x 10^11 (that's scientific notation for 400 billion) but the number of neuronal connections (that's places in the brain where two neurons can exchange signals) is 1 × 10^15 (or One quadrillion). So when you look into the night sky, you can let yourself know that there are more gaps between neurons in your head than there are stars in the night sky. Whew!

Ah bother. Sad news.

Also, from PB's twitter, posted a couple of hours ago:

There is a farewell episode, but we are waiting on edits notes. It will be up shortly. Sorry for the delay, and thank you for the support.

Sign in to follow this