🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

26 We Can't Dance Together

It has to be the powers that be want them to record at earwolf studios. Maybe this resulted in a conflict of interest in how the show is produced and the freedom they have.

Like it was mentioned on today's ep, Chad puts a lot of work into the production/engineering and it definitely shows. I'd have no problem subscribing like a jimmy pardo type deal, as long as it maintains the quality!

In the end, as long as the Hooray Show keeps going, I'll be happy as a clam.

• Like 2

Happy to hear the show will be continuing, even if it is on another podcast network or whatever. Also, happy to hear Horatio and Chad sing Whitney Houston. That was a treat.

• Like 3

although if doug benson can vape at largo im sure they could vape at earwolf, right?

i think they vape on the I4H 420 eps.

• Like 2

I love you guys! The song at the end killed me!

Chad can you please bounce that out so we can have the single?

Im going to miss you guys on Earwolf :( but will follow wherever you go and look forward to the new logo and website!

Don't keep us waiting too long!

• Like 1

HOORAY!

...as is tradition.

Man, you got left hanging on this one. I feel SHOW bad right now.

• Like 7

Ugh. Finally got through the whole hilarious episode and finished it very bummed. I know it's selfish but my happy day of UTU2TM, Whooch, and Hooray Show got all its wind taken out of it.

I also hope this doesn't affect Horatio's relationship with CBB and I4H, but Chad produces and edits one hell of a show and I look forward to more Hooray Show where ever it may turn up.

:(

• Like 4

This troubles me. So many shows leave quality networks and fade away. Particularly sad because while I love the HOORAY (show), I feel like it hasn't even found it's groove yet.

And to be honest, I wish they did do it in the studio. I know they can't smoke or whatever, and maybe some people just won't go to earwolf for a session, I get that. But the non studio shows are always less produced and with varying sound qualities week to week.

I was happy PFT brought his show to earwolf. Recording quality has been 100% reliable since.

Maybe I'm just picky, but even if the content is good I can't tough through people being off mic or background noise.

Looking forward to the unreleased shows.

I was hoping the announcement was going to be Chad becoming the official co-host, and the two moving into earwolf proper and letting engineers handle things.

Move it into the studio? This is already one of the best and most highly-produced podcasts I listen to. What would they gain moving into the earwolf studio? The production value is already super high for a podcast.

It's all about Chad, baby. Wish the show the best of luck.

• Like 2

Yeah, I am kinda sad that its leaving Earwolf, I really thought that it was a joke at first. I will stay subscribed through iTunes and enjoy listening to it, but I swear sometimes just having that Earwolf tag at the end of a podcast just makes it that much better. Its a placebo, I know, but Earwolf made me love podcasts like I do.

Regardless, I'm sure further episodes will continue the high quality, and I'm definitely a fan and will continue to be.

• Like 4

Move it into the studio? This is already one of the best and most highly-produced podcasts I listen to. What would they gain moving into the earwolf studio? The production value is already super high for a podcast.

It's all about Chad, baby. Wish the show the best of luck.

Sorry but the levels are all over, and most of the time the background music isn't properly ducked. I never have problem hearing people in shows with background music like spont, utu2tm, analyze phish, etc that have dedicated engineers.

Let Chad be full time co-host, he's more valuable that way.

• Like 3

I am sorry you are leaving earwolf but considering the time Chad and Horatio put into this podcast, they should do whatever they want with it. Have you considered being entirely listener funded through something like patreon.com? I listen to several podcasts that do it that way and reward tiers you guys could offer might be pretty cool and a lot of fun. Maybe start your own network with shows like Bear Down or bring Jerry's old show back (wishful thinking). I would love video eps too, but given the cost maybe making them special events (holiday specials?) that cost like a buck or two on iTunes would be the way to go (I would happily kick in to see that)

Wherever you go we will follow, but for now bravo brobro!!!!

I'm bummed about the show leaving Earwolf, but I'll gladly follow you guys wherever you land. I agree about losing the interaction aspect being the worst part, but there's really nothing stopping us from continuing to discuss the show here, is there? I can understand that Chad might not want to, and that would definitely take away one of the best things that sets this show apart from others, but still.

Anyway, this was a really fun episode. Loved the Caray/Cosby stuff, and "Hey 19" in the background was the perfect drop-in for the conversation involving the Steely Dan concert and the (hypothetical) babysitter.

The Cuervo Gold

The back of a butcher's knife

• Like 3

Can I ask why the show is moving? Like, I got the impression from the show that they have a conference call right before they started recording and were told that the relationship was being severed.

Is there more info on this?

There it is.

Besser has done two 4/20 I4H specials though

There it is.

Besser has done two 4/20 I4H specials though

Can I ask why the show is moving? Like, I got the impression from the show that they have a conference call right before they started recording and were told that the relationship was being severed.

Is there more info on this?

Well at the end they kept alluding to the earwolf rules of not playing more than 30 seconds of a song. I hope that's not a main reason for leaving because that would be silly. That's out of earwolf's hands. Google, apple, soundcloud et al will auto pull your show if it has more than 30 seconds of copyright material in it due to the DMCA.

(PS chad and horatio have p. nice singing voices and they go together pretty well)

Well at the end they kept alluding to the earwolf rules of not playing more than 30 seconds of a song. I hope that's not a main reason for leaving because that would be silly. That's out of earwolf's hands. Google, apple, soundcloud et al will auto pull your show if it has more than 30 seconds of copyright material in it due to the DMCA.

I had never heard that until Scott mentioned it in regard to Dan Finnerty's songs, and then I couldn't stop thinking about it during today's WSGLL.

Oh, cool. I thought they said there would be more episodes on Earwolf, so I was wondering why there wasn't an episode up today.

• Like 1

For everyone interested, the next episode of the Hooray Show is available at its new home on SoundCloud.

They haven't made episodes downloadable or the podcast accessible via iTunes/RSS. According to Twitter, this seems to be deliberate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Big fan of the show and follow both horatio and chad on twitter, yet still missed this... I thought they were still going to be on Earwolf? And you can't download the mp3 through soundcloud? Edit: You can now

• Like 1