🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 196 — LIVE FROM DCM 17 PT. 3

Recorded LIVE at UCBeast from the 17th Annual Del Close Marathon in New York is part 3 of a monumental improv4humans with Matt Besser featuring the greatest improvisers in the universe, John Gemberling, Brett Gelman, Brian McCann, and Charlie Todd. Listen as they explore a world where prisoners love long-form improvisation, Poseidon and Satan discuss why he still uses the pitchfork as an intimidation tool, and police officers who have a Good Cop/Bad Jewish cop routine. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

A new all-timer. That last scene with Gelman as the insane teacher may have surpassed the Atlantis scene as my favorite of all time. And Don't Wipe Daddy had me in stitches.

• Like 5

Great episode. And yeah, the final scene is one for the ages. Gelman's ridiculousness ("you there") + Besser's direction were just en pointe.

• Like 8

tour de force of gelman. i would definitely listen to a full episode of just his lecture

• Like 3

GelBerling as powerful as Megazord but more funny.. damn this ep was killer love the live ones!

• Like 3

Sweet baby ray that last bit was magnificent, I never wanted it to end!

• Like 3

have to pile on to Gelman-ic (fooled ya) tone here. Besser directing Gelman and Gelman just tearing it up, holy shit. I was sitting in a full kinda old timey diner at the end of the counter while listening to that scene. I had to turn around and bite my lip so no one would notice me crying and laughing for no discernible reason.

I cant think of another instance of Besser directing one improviser for as long as he did here. guys anything like this pop to mind?

there just is such a scarcity of Brett Gelman on Earwolf lately. and that sucks cause there can never really be enough Brett Gelman.

• Like 2

have to pile on to Gelman-ic (fooled ya) tone here. Besser directing Gelman and Gelman just tearing it up, holy shit. I was sitting in a full kinda old timey diner at the end of the counter while listening to that scene. I had to turn around and bite my lip so no one would notice me crying and laughing for no discernible reason.

I cant think of another instance of Besser directing one improviser for as long as he did here. guys anything like this pop to mind?

there just is such a scarcity of Brett Gelman on Earwolf lately. and that sucks cause there can never really be enough Brett Gelman.

Yeah that was almost like the I4H version of Whiplash.

With the loss of Gelmania I kinda forgot how when Brett Gelman is "on" he can just dig and dig and dig like a mad man yet find his way out to tie it all up.

Add in a Gemberling and magic happens.

• Like 2

Hey, Soupy. How's it going? This was a great ep, am I right?

• Like 1

first time ive properly laughed out loud to earwolf in yonkers, gelman is scrumtilescent

• Like 2

Adding to the Gelman lovefest.

Every time he starts taking it down a sex route I'm instantly reminded of his finest moment:

• Like 1

Amazing! This is easily one of the best runs you guys have recorded to date. Kudos to Gelman, he finally won me over. He surprised me a lot.

He's named after the coin? Gelman = son of chocolate coin, right?

earwolf popwolf boy who cried wolf, one of you should definatley try to host gelmania when she returns. gemberloid is also much slept on in terms of ep-count, or hes just not utilised right when he;s on the existing shows. FMSIInternet is bulletproof. i kept thinking of how great teacher gelmans private public classes were last night and this morning. last time i cared for an ep this much was peppermen. en serio.

rofl.

i could listen to Brett Gelman struggle to come up with stuff for "Bad Jewish Cop" for hours and hours, hahaha! It's amazing how he has to tie in police brutality awkwardly into Jewish Oppression. My favorite was when he just called the guy a fuckin' Hitler... no wait, when he was going to call a guy a fuckin' Kraut and said the Torah is the only thing his people have to read after they took everything away... no, it's impossible to choose!

:D

I hope this character returns in the future on Comedy Bang-Bang or something.

• Like 1

Brett really held his own in that one scene Matt just kept pushing him