🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 35 - Matt Besser: Turing Tests with Caleb Smith

Dr. Nathan Bateman has hired Caleb Smith (Matt Besser) to conduct a series of turing tests to ascertain whether or not a machine’s artificial intelligence has actually achieved independent consciousness. In these interview sessions between Caleb and test subject Melissa, you’ll hear how a machine defines humor, music, and love. The United States of America has also hired Caleb to interview different citizens to see whether or not they are replicants, androids, robots, or any kind of artificial intelligence. Traci Reardon is his first interview subject and gives her honest answers to the Voight-Kampff test.

• Like 1

I've listened to podcasts you people wouldn't believe...

• Like 7

lol i was really hoping that Matt would pronounce human as "Hue-man" like he does on I4H the entire time

• Like 4

The more that the idea of "lifting a blanket" in the night was mentioned, the more I had the odd sensation that it was wrought with strangely sinister undertones.

• Like 2

Had a serious case of deja vu when I realized Lauren Lapkus also played a robot who could poop on a live episode of i4h once.

And of course.... more butt fixations.

• Like 5

WOW!

Leave it to Besser to have such a high concept episode. The first 12 minutes were like a wonderful setup for a really cathartic loose-your-shit moment around the 11 min mark.

Wonderful!

• Like 11

Yes! I was hoping Besser would be on one of these episodes. Of course he has to do this type of podcast here, his other podcast is for humans only.

• Like 5

THIS IS MY KIND OF PODCAST!!!!

• Like 3

This was fantastic. I feel like Matt made it a bit harder on her than most "hosts" do, which is expected.

• Like 3

Oh man, what a lovely mashup! I loved the Ex Machina framework, the Blade Runner questions, and the little sprinkling in of Inside Out when they were discussing emotions. Such good stuff in this episode!

• Like 3

Of all the human properties that a robot could have delusions about, having written and performed "Black Betty" is about as funny as it gets.

• Like 18

this episode was amazing

• Like 7

Of all the human properties that a robot could have delusions about, having written and performed "Black Betty" is about as funny as it gets.

Also I felt like besser mentioning her hip and neck movements (if she was really doing them) was maybe Lauren hinting at the Chuck E. Cheese animatronic band? Besser may not get that ref.

• Like 1

I like to think that Besser was really a little annoyed at having to listen to the song over and over lol.

• Like 2

Such a great episode, wish it was longer

• Like 2

Such a great episode, wish it was longer

I would listen to this as a limited run podcast where each ep was a session.

• Like 1