🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 17 - Science Fair

Paul F. Tompkins is the one that welcomes YOU to the special land of SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Paget Brewster of Community, Criminal Minds, and The Thrilling Adventure Hour! They chat about what kind of food related 28th amendment she would add to the constitution, under what circumstances would she ever taste human flesh, and her father’s family shorts. Paul is then joined by Maria Blasucci, Craig Cackowski, Amanda Lund to improvise a story set at Science Fair. As always, the remarkable Eban Schletter scores it all on piano!

The next LIVE SPONTANEANATION will be recorded at Largo on Saturday, August 1st, with special guests Thomas Lennon, Sarah Burns and Craig Cackowski ! Last time, the live audience ONLY got to hear Paul and guest Scott Aukerman cover a Smiths song; what exclusive live moments will the August audience get? Get your tickets before it sells out: bit.ly/SPONT815

Paget is on.

IMG_2828.jpg

I agree.

• Like 6

Paget is on.

IMG_2828.jpg

I agree.

*clink*

Also replying so I can see that photo twice.

• Like 4

Paget is the best!

I hope she drops into CBB and HH next.

• Like 3

Jesus H. Christ! From the first 'can I reset?' on I was choking. "I am so embarrassed that Tim Gunn is in my house and my balls are out."

• Like 9

I blame Jimmy Pardo but when Paul went into 'Saturday In The Park' during Pagets story I fucking LOST it.

I can't explain it, but boy that made me laugh.

Thanks!

• Like 5

"There's nothing wrong with a natural fish." Oh, Paget. You're the best.

• Like 2

so it sounds like dracula is a big superchunk fan.

it's canonical.

• Like 1

so it sounds like dracula is a big superchunk fan.

it's canonical.

Except for the song "Garlic" BLLLLLUUUUHHHHHH!

Fun Buns and the Blasooch!

#direstraits

• Like 8

OOOO, I would totally listen to the sub-podcast: "Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum's Time Travel Adventures!"

• Like 3

We had a discussion way back in Episode 8 about singing certain syllabic patterns to certain songs.

My tic is to the rhythm of "Zoot Suit Riot" and fits all of these as well.

Hot steel GIRder! (girder!)

Also, I really love Craig Cackowski. He needs to be on more Earwolf podcasts. More I4H appearances would be great.

Chalkdust, I hope you enjoyed "Science Fair Scandal! (Throw back a bottle of beeeeeer)" this week.

• Like 9

duck%2Bfeet.jpg

Always remember that birds are goddamned dinosaurs.

• Like 10

I can't tell Maria and Amanda's voices apart and it drives me crazy, but either way, they're both very funny.

Did anyone else worry that there would be a rift in the space-time-commercial fabric when Craig first referred to the drunk wife/mom as "Dolores"?

• Like 11

I can't tell Maria and Amanda's voices apart and it drives me crazy, but either way, they're both very funny.

Did anyone else worry that there would be a rift in the space-time-commercial fabric when Craig first referred to the drunk wife/mom as "Dolores"?

I have that same issue.

duck%2Bfeet.jpg

Always remember that birds are goddamned dinosaurs.

Stop making fun of Dan Aykroyd!

• Like 2

Yeah. Once the improv started, I had to go back and listen closely to their introductions to pick up on the nuances of their voices. And I'm pretty sure that Amanda was Meredith/Dana, and Maria was Mrs. White/Joanie.

#DireStraits

• Like 3

And I'm pretty sure that Amanda was Meredith/Dana, and Maria was Mrs. White/Joanie.

That was my best guess, too. During the "multiple takes" part, I picked up on something that made me think it was Maria. Anyway, it occurred to me that even though it's frustrating, it actually kind of helps the story because it's easier to get lost in the scene and picture the character rather than the performer. Like, even if Paul is doing a female voice, I'm still picturing Paul.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this