🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Natek

RIP Professor Blastoff

Sad, but not the least bit surprising. It's been pretty clear lately that they all have better things to do and I'm glad that they're all succeeding.

Now I just hope that Earwolf moves another show to Tuesdays to make up for losing PB and having HDTGM move to Fridays.

The writing was on the wall. That said, someone posted a screen cap of this from the "Blastronauts" group on Facebook. If a Kyle Dunnigan podcast rises from the ashes of PBO then that'll sweeten the bitter.

• Like 1

someone posted a screen cap of this from the "Blastronauts" group on Facebook

Seeing that explanation, I wish he and David would just keep doing PB, but I can understand why they don't want to.

• Like 1

Seeing that explanation, I wish he and David would just keep doing PB, but I can understand why they don't want to.

Actually, David just posted this to twitter. So either David and Kyle are going to start their own separate podcasts or David and Kyle will continue on together. The former seems more likely to me. David's fuse with Kyle has been growing seemingly shorter for a while now. As has Kyle's with David when David refuses to give 110% to Christ High.

• Like 1

sad that my new job doesn't give me the luxury of lurking on this forum as often as i used to.

also sad that it's taken an event such as this one to bring me back.

(here comes the real sap)

upon reading the news today (the LITERAL first thing i read this morning) and realizing the permanence of the situation at hand, i really only had one thought. i needed to call my youngest sister.

currently on a pilgrimage walking the el camino trail in Spain, she was one of the first people i had ever introduced PB to. it's been hard staying in touch outside of the occasional "whats app" message here and there, but i let her know i had some pretty sad news to share.

as i read kyle's blastronaut facebook post to her, word by word, i could hear her welling up. and the big brother started to as well.

ive shared this great show with a wide variety of friends, but she was the only one i felt really got it like i did. my trips back home would lead to the ineviatble "awww my sweetie!" from her as we would see each other. beating each other to who could utter the fastest, "first of all, congrats" also became an ongoing joust of sorts. i knew that this trio meant as much to her as it did to me.

"thank you" does not begin to highlight all that this show has done for me as a person/occasional remotely funny guy. all of you who have engaged our hosts and other members on this thread, we've had the pleasure of being a part of the single-most genuine podcast i have ever come across.

looks like our favorite green circle award-winner agrees:

adYNubn.png

we'll miss you, hatch - welp. that's been sap.

I've enjoyed every single episode of the show - yes, even the one with the pickup artist, just because they handled him so well - and I will miss it. But this was really inevitable, and we've talked about this scenario a lot over the last couple of months. I wish them all the best of luck.

If you haven't watched Tig yet, watch it. We're lucky to have gotten to listen to these fine comedians every week for as long as we have.

• Like 2

Great now I'm tearing up in Starbucks.

I was nervous the end was approaching--but was still shocked to hear the news today. I was just wishing Aaron would return, and now instead none of them will be returning.

It was great seeing the Blastoff gang in Tig's documentary. Now that scene (does this count as a spoiler?) with David, Kyle, Aaron, and Tig jumping up and down shirtless on the hill will seem extra bittersweet.

• Like 1

Great now I'm tearing up in Starbucks.

It was great seeing the Blastoff gang in Tig's documentary. Now that scene (does this count as a spoiler?) with David, Kyle, Aaron, and Tig jumping up and down shirtless on the hill will seem extra bittersweet.

Spoiler or not, that scene was fucking hilarious. Tig just pointing and laughing like it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen. Love this crew.

Dear Earwolf: I think a lot of Blastronauts would superdig a t-shirt, but only size XL is presently available. Any chance of one last run of other sizes? Please?