🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Benicio Del Bore-O

Petition to Enforce Respect of the "Would You Rather?" Theme

There's a time for professionals to say jokes out loud, and I don't care when that is, as long as it is not during the traditional and revered theme to "Would You Rather?", one of the select few things that made The Podcast what it is today (tues.). The fact is that the kind of 'jokesters', and I use those italics and scare quotes sarcastically, who try to cause laughter, unsuccessfully or not, in others during the invocation of the ritual competition of WYR? are the same kind of people who would legalize infantophagy in the name of 'freedumb'. We've all heard their whining refrain: "But what if a baby signs a contract, of its own accord, to be eaten just for the lulz of it?". Classic comedian excuses, and I italicised none of the last two sentences (incl. this one) out of venomous sarcasm, when I could have easily hit command-i right before I typed a lot of those words and phrases. Believe me.

Well, ask yourself this question: What's next, augmenting the Closing Up the Plug Bag hymn with every last little diverse point of view until it's no longer sacred?* We already have a place for that on The Podcast, and it's called 'Plugs' Theme Song.**

I, for one, have had it with those who have had at it during it, and I'm up to here with all of this.

If you're up to there with the same this as I, I say we let Big Joke hear from us. Let's let them know it's going to affect their bottom line, whether it's a punch or a one or a crack.

Benicio Del Bore-O

*italics for emphasis, but not sarcastic emphasis, just regular

**undecided