🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
shaquillemacneil

The Most Watchable How Did This Get Made Movies?

I need a clearer definition of 'watchable' because I saw LOL on the list and was immediately confused.

• Like 4

I need a clearer definition of 'watchable' because I saw LOL on the list and was immediately confused.

and a few of the others .. crossroads, safe haven, glitter .. tyler perry's: temptation: confessions of a marriage councillor?

i struggled to get thru them

but i enjoyed watching the rest on the list

but i suppose it all depends on what tickles your fancy

i love the fast and furious films, any of the sly stallone or nic cage ones, the cranks, PWZ or the really stupid ones like gymkata or monkey shines. but sleepway camp was the one i was probably most engaged with. i knew nothing about it and honestly couldnt believe nor figure out what the hell i was watching the whole way thru .. and then the episode was one of the best too. that film will stay with me forever

"LOL" can go fuck itself.

"Punisher: War Zone" isn't on the list? It's such a fun, highly watchable movie, period, and miles above so much of what's been featured on the show.

• Like 3

Easy for me....

DEEP BLUE SEA

hands down the most watchable!

Thomas Jane...in a tight wet suit.

Best death scene for Samuel L. Jackson

A bitch that gets hers!

One-liners for days.

Crazy science!

Non-stop insanity!

The Best..period.

Next, I'd put Con Air, SleepAway Camp (still can't figure out if that lady..the aunt..was a man!) & Rhinestone.

Face Off can kiss my ass. So long, so ridiculous..and not fun.

• Like 2

Face Off can kiss my ass. So long, so ridiculous..and not fun.

I'm like Jason and I thought it was perfect lol.

Temptation even being an honorable mention is offensive as well. That movie was gross on so many levels.

• Like 5

I'm like Jason and I thought it was perfect lol.

Temptation even being an honorable mention is offensive as well. That movie was gross on so many levels.

I've always thought that "Face/Off" was legit good. I was going through a huge John Woo phase at the time though, and neither he or Cage could do any wrong as far as I was concerned.

• Like 1

this list is isane. almost all of them are some of the least recommended and most painful to get through that they've ever done on the show.

edit: I really like Zardoz because its just weird and love John Boorman but it's still not something I'd call particularly watchable

• Like 2

my top five most watchable (not counting stuff like Crank, Punisher Warzone and the Fast movies) are

1. Road House

2. No Holds Barred

3. Con Air

4. Tango and Cash

5. A View To A Kill

• Like 2

LOL did cause the best thread on the HDTGM boards, but I may still have PTSD almost a year after the fact. The Room did cost me a relationship after using it as a practical joke.

I might have to go with Mortal Kombat.

• Like 2

my top five most watchable (not counting stuff like Crank, Punisher Warzone and the Fast movies) are

1. Road House

2. No Holds Barred

3. Con Air

4. Tango and Cash

5. A View To A Kill

Road House is crazy watchable! I never miss it when its on cable. I have it on VHS somewhere. Need the dvd!

Road House is crazy watchable! I never miss it when its on cable. I have it on VHS somewhere. Need the dvd!

I saw it on Blu-Ray at Best Buy in a RED case! I don't know what's so God damn special about it to where it deserves that, but it sure is purdy...

"LOL" can go fuck itself.

"Punisher: War Zone" isn't on the list? It's such a fun, highly watchable movie, period, and miles above so much of what's been featured on the show.

PlanBFromOuterSpace when I first got into the show I never had seen Punisher war zone and when I got down to watching that one I was quickly surprised by how good it was. it was a nice refreshing change to the show, and I would have never ever have watched it otherwise if it wasn't for HDTGM. so some times you win with out knowing it.

Road House was a great one too and a lot of fun to listen to the show afterwords.

Zardoz I was very much upset about seeing here. because i really love that movie. it's a cult classic and to make fun of it is like picking on a handicap child.

A View To A Kill a classic but it is showing it's age like me.

• Like 1

Face Off is a terrible movie, but infinitely watchable. Same for Con Air. Those are two movies that epitomize the "so bad its good" genre.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the hell out of Drive Angry in the same sort of way that I enjoyed the more recent from the F&F series

• Like 1

Face Off is a terrible movie, but infinitely watchable. Same for Con Air. Those are two movies that epitomize the "so bad its good" genre.

I think it's because they fully commit to riding that crazy wave all the way to the end. Plenty of movies have great crazy concepts, but it's almost like they don't know where to go from there. It's like they sold it, it got greenlit, and then they're like "Shit, now what?".

• Like 1

Nick Cage at his... finest? I agree though.

This list had me scratching my head. I'd actually list most of the films, except for Face/Off, as some of the least watchable.

• Like 1

I'm with all of you, I understand tastes are subjective, but damn, this list is just bizarre. Of those listed, I would say Face/Off is probably the most solid choice--even if it wouldn't necessarily be one of my own personal choices. But seriously, Glitter and LOL? And although I haven't seen Crossroads, from what I gathered from the episode, it's kind of in the same ilk. There just seem to be a lot of dramas on this list, and personally, bad dramas aren't the types of movies I like to go back and sit through.

In a weird way, I want the same things from a bad movie as I want in a good movie: escapism and a good time. Don't expect me to sit through two hours of a poorly acted, sad sack drama because you're trying to be "deep." Fuck that. Once was enough for most of these movies.

This list would almost make sense to me if the blogger meant that these were the most re-listenable episodes of HDTGM, although I find most of their episodes to be infinitely re-listenable.

As far as my personal list goes (in no particular order)*

1) Road House

2) Deep Blue Sea

3) Batman & Robin

4) Anaconda

5) Congo

6) Hudson Hawk

7) A View to a Kill

8) Tango & Cash

I will say though, I really did enjoy Safe Haven--if only for the fact that it seemed like a pretty normal movie on the surface that just got crazier the more you thought about it. However, I do recognize that's probably just me.

*Like many of the other posters, I am omitting things like the Fast movies from my list, because for me they fall more on the "good movies, but insane" spectrum. I was just trying to stick to straight up "bad" movies.

• Like 5

I enjoyed the hell out of Drive Angry in the same sort of way that I enjoyed the more recent from the F&F series

William Fichtner owned that role in Drive Angry, he was absolutely amazing.

Bad movies that I love anyway:

Con Air

Lake Placid

Deep Blue Sea

No Holds Barred

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

Sleepaway Camp

Jaws 4: The Revenge

Godzilla

I might have to go with Mortal Kombat.

I have to agree that this is up there, though I acknowledge that part of this is ~13-year-old me watching it when it came out and thinking "This is the best video game movie ever!" (Which was probably true given its competition at that time.) I went into this a bit more here.

The blogger points out that (s)he watches the movies in a group setting, so I think that is seriously impacting these choices. I found Safe Haven to be the most boring movie I have seen in ages, and agree with the blogger's point about the total absence of charisma and chemistry... which is why it would be found at the bottom of my list. Watching that movie alone is a violation of the Geneva Convention, I think. In a group with booze - maybe Duhamel's inert blandness becomes sublime?

As far as my personal list goes (in no particular order)*

1) Road House

2) Deep Blue Sea

3) Batman & Robin

4) Anaconda

5) Congo

6) Hudson Hawk

7) A View to a Kill

8) Tango & Cash

This is a good list, mostly because it's very similar to what I'd pick, though Batman & Robin would move up into the number one spot because I love that crazy garbage.

• Like 1