🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 22 - U2 Talk 2 U

My fully erect penis is crying tears of joy and I haven't even started listening to this yet!

• Like 1

The past couple of months I've noticed a bit more effusive energy from Scott (Aukerman) on CBB. I've honestly been wondering if he was sitting on the news of the widow Kulap being preggers- I've seen my friends act like this when that happens. Now I understand the real reason. This is four times as big as that!

• Like 2

Wait, is it confirmed that this is the final episode?

Only if you'll thrill me.

Guys can you kiss me

• Like 3

I know I don't personally know the Scotts, but I'm so inexplicably proud of them for doing what we all dream of doing with people we admire and look up to.

I'm also explicably saddened that this is the end of UTU2TM. Gonna miss you two talkin' "U Talkin' U2 To Me" to me. And "What's Your Fuck Style?".

If any one else is interested, this designer Matt Empson has some great UTU2TM work you can find here:

https://www.behance.net/mattempson

His poster is killer. Cheers!

6dd71d4098bf49bc4f55319f121d253b.jpg

It's funny you posted this because I'm moving at the end of the month to a bigger apartment and the gift I planned on buying myself was this poster. I love it so much and have been wanting to buy it for awhile.

• Like 3

Guys can you kiss me

If this is the last 'sode, just kill me.

• Like 3

I cannot believe Scott and Scott actually sat down on their juicy butts for over an hour with fucking U2.

I think the greatest part of the entire thing was how U2 fucked them over on the t-shirts. Totally in on the joke. I was in tears when they started getting angry all over again. Let's just hope Laura actually went to college, or there will be hell to pay.

I was hoping that they would actually take what Bono said to heart, and just review U2 music videos and interviews. All joking a salad, we just need a reason for Scott and Scott to continue recording podcasts together. I really like U2, but I'm on board for a new band or whatever the hell else they want to do a podcast about. They'll only spend 15 minutes discussing it anyway. I just can't get enough of those two together, especially when they get punchy during late night episodes.

• Like 2

I liked how Scott, Adam seemed to direct most of his questions to Adam Clay2000 lbs. Does he think he can only talk to people he shares a name with?

• Like 4

That "U Talkin' U2 To Me?" poster is about three feet from my face RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS. Holy shit, I love this podcast.

I... I think, at this moment, U2 is my favorite band. What has podcasting done to me?

• Like 5

Man, when Bonobos presented Scott and Scott with the hairy vase heart, I was CONFIDENT that Scott would say:

"Wow, I really have found what I'm looking for!"

(Not that I would be on my top game either at a table with 4 of my idols, either)

• Like 2

My tiny heart was touched by how often Scott's voice warbled & cracked. I never thought I'd be so happy for two people I don't know to meet 4 other people I don't know.

• Like 9

Man, I love this podcast. I've never really cared about U2 and still don't (no offense to fans - I respect them, dig a handful of tunes, just not my steez) but hearing two very funny people nerd out about their favorite band is a delight. Adam coming off like Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney on SNL was hilarious and super endearing.

Really liked the story of Thedge and Adam Clay2000lbs sitting in with the cover band. That's gotta be an "I can die happy" moment for the members of the band.

• Like 5

Wait, is it confirmed that this is the final episode?

I didn't think so! I've been wondering that while reading this thread. I thought they said multiple times that it's the end of the first season. There's no way the Scotts won't come back when Songs of Experience comes out.

And this episode was over the top, ridiculously amazing. So so so proud of those guys. This fucking podcast had a Staind Glass episode about a terrible band, with Todd Glass talking about said terrible band, never having heard of them before. Amazing.

Edit: I haven't posted in so long! My post count is back to 1 now.

• Like 4

Adam coming off like Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney on SNL was hilarious and super endearing.

"Do you, um, remember that time, uh, you guys made, like,The Joshua Tree? That was awesome".

• Like 8

This landmark event in music history has yet to even be mentioned by Pitchfork News. It's times like these that you really find out who your friends are. . . . find out who are your friends (That's better). They can't be happy for the Scotts; they're just seething with jealousy that they didn't land this interview. In Pitchfork's defense, though, they're probably too busy still trying to figure out what Comedy Bang! Bang! is after that uninformed article about Twin Shadow's appearance.

good ep

• Like 3

I listened to this episode twice yesterday, and I'm going to listen to it today again. This was the happiest surprise from the Scotts that I could ever imagine.

But still ... no fuckin T-shirts bro! Seriously ... looks like the Scotts have to get another interview with the lovable lads from Liverpool and this time they better bring some bloody T SHIRTS !!!

In the meantime maybe Scott and Scott will record a commentary track over their U2 interview episode. One can dream. . .

enough about this interview with U2, time to talk about what's really important:

I recently re-listened to Staind Glass, because it's my favorite podcast episode maybe ever. During said episode, Mr. Glass stated he would record a track of him singing one of their songs ("outside" maybe? who cares.) Scott bought and sent Todd the karaoke track right there on the spot.

My question is this. Why have we not heard this song? It's been (a while) since the ep was recorded. Over a year, in fact. I'll give Todd the benefit of the doubt and say he's probably trying to find just the right amount of reverb, but regardless, I think we're owed a Staind Glass Part 2 episode.

• Like 6