🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JustinFink

Bret Easton Ellis

I started a new thread for this because I felt it was a little outside the 'recommending an improviser' realm. I recently discovered Bret Easton Ellis (author of American Psycho, Glamorama, etc.) has a podcast and I've been enthralled with it so far. He offers a very unique, often biting perspective on our culture and talks a good deal about art, including comedy. He recently interviewed Anthony Jeselnik and discussed offensiveness in Comedy. They explored how 'Generation Wuss', as Ellis likes to call Millennials, are being tyrannical in their overly sensitive approach to controversial comedians. Here's a great article where he explains the significance of the name Generation' Wuss'. He makes some pretty solid points. http://www.vanityfai...ton-ellis/15837

I have a feeling Matt would appreciate Ellis's perspective. It would be beyond interesting to hear a discussion between the two of them. Two highly intelligent, well spoken lovers of comedy.

Everyone should definitely check out that Jeselnik interview though. If you fancy yourself a comedian, you may find it particularly empowering.

Bret Easton Ellis is also a genuine giant weirdo, so this might be good. But I can maybe see them clashing a bit.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this