đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 39 - Pam Murphy: Mary, Mary, On the Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

Welcome back to another episode of Mary, Mary, On the Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow? with your host Mary McMahon (Pam Murphy)! This week Mary is excited to have a controversial figure in the garden world join her, plant psychic Diana Van. Diana speaks on critics allegations of her being a fraud, does a live psychic reading on some of Mary’s plants, and shares a secret about her book “Listen to the Lilies, Love the Lavender.” Later, Traci Reardon stops by to help listeners with their plant problems in another edition of “Help Me, Rhonda.”

I haven't listened to this yet, but Pam Murphy is definitely a top five Earwolf guest for me!

• Like 1

I thought Diana was going to have a problem with the tomatoes because they would just be begging not to be eaten.

So is Lauren getting the premises for the episodes beforehand so she can pick out appropriate Help Me Rhonda questions or is she pulling relevent ones out in realtime?

So is Lauren getting the premises for the episodes beforehand so she can pick out appropriate Help Me Rhonda questions or is she pulling relevent ones out in realtime?

"Traci" sometimes asks for topic-specific questions on Twitter, but Lauren has said that she doesn't know anything in advance, so either she just gets a very broad sense of a topic from the guest/host, or she's asking for questions while recording.

I don't know if the Holly Hunter-ness of Diana was intentional or not, but it definitely made me laugh.

Traci saying "Doritos" sounds like "doughy doughs".

Yeah, she'd have time to get a few questions between the first break and the last, especially if the breaks are longer than they seem.

Anyone else think Lauren sounded a bit like Liza Minnelli?

Yikes, honestly no. Liza is a lot more high-pitched.

To me, she sounded much more like Sally Kellermam here.

• Like 1

"i am a firm believer. you have a gift. it's unexplainable."

wonderful.

• Like 1

To me, she sounded much more like Sally Kellermam here.

I agree. I also thought there was a bit of Cher in there as well.