🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

HOWL Premium, HOWL Originals, HOWL.FM

i'm on an iPod stuck at iOS6 so i can't download the Howl app (iOS8 or later). i listen to podcasts on my iPod. i would gladly pay the $5/month fee to get access to these great podcasts and special episodes. could there be a way to get password-protected RSS feeds so i could download them with my podcast app?

thanks.

• Like 1

Really hope they get their archives up and really really hope they end up putting premo RSS feeds in. I have not used my free month much and I'd like to use it more if I'm gonna be paying.

• Like 1

I paid my $5 for a month based on the advertisements stating ad-free archives would be available and they never were in my month of paid time (I had a free week and missed out on the free month code). I got $5 worth of entertainment from the premium content, so no harm, no foul. But I noticed the advertisements for Howl in the past week still state it has an ad-free archive. It seems like you are opening yourself up to a false advertising class action lawsuit or something similar (I'm no lawyer). Not that I think one will actually happen against such a small company, but it seems like something to keep on the radar and try to address these misleading ads.

Not sure if it has been brought up yet;

I received the PRO version of Hollywood Handbook... Shouldn't I be grandfathered into Howl? Doesn't seem fair..

• Like 3

ANDROID USERS!! YOUR DAY HAS COME!

The Android version of Howl is now available on Google Play!

Download episodes of brand new Howl mini series, great comedy albums, live specials and so much more straight to your Android device. Make sure to sign up on Howl.fm if you have a coupon code, the Google Play store will not accept our coupons. But once you have an account, you can login on the app with the same info.

Now that we have an Android app, the archives will be coming down from iTunes and everywhere else and going into Howl in the next couple of days.

I thank you for your patience and truly hope you enjoy all that Howl has to offer. As always, if you have any questions or need any help with your app, shoot me an email at Support@Howl.fm

• Like 2

ANDROID USERS!! YOUR DAY HAS COME!

The Android version of Howl is now available on Google Play!

Download episodes of brand new Howl mini series, great comedy albums, live specials and so much more straight to your Android device. Make sure to sign up on Howl.fm if you have a coupon code, the Google Play store will not accept our coupons. But once you have an account, you can login on the app with the same info.

Now that we have an Android app, the archives will be coming down from iTunes and everywhere else and going into Howl in the next couple of days.

I thank you for your patience and truly hope you enjoy all that Howl has to offer. As always, if you have any questions or need any help with your app, shoot me an email at Support@Howl.fm

looking great so far. thank you for putting it together.

I'll probably try it out now that it's on Android, but I'd still prefer premium RSS feeds. I spent more time than I'd like to share customizing my podcast app to work the way I like it.

looking great so far. thank you for putting it together.

Not good at all. It doesn't have taskbar controls, doesn't have lock screen controls, doesn't save your location in the podcast you were listening to, does't let you subscribe to a podcast. Many other problems. It's beta at best

I'll probably try it out now that it's on Android, but I'd still prefer premium RSS feeds. I spent more time than I'd like to share customizing my podcast app to work the way I like it.

Agreed, premium RSS feeds (like nnf for example) would be very appreciated. I just don't think the howl app will ever compete with any dedicated podcast app's functionality

Why are there still ads on old episodes of Comedy Bang Bang and How did this get made? Will they be removed/replaced at some point? I am using the Android app.

This may not be the place to ask but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Is anyone else having issues with the Android Howl app? I'm not talking about it lacking certain functionalities. I mean as soon as I open the app, freezing at a screen that says "Welcome to" with the bottom part of that phrase seemingly cut off, Scott laughing in the background, the howl logo and the phrase "Maximum wolf. Minimum hassle."

I'm willing to wait until a functional release. I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy.

Is anyone else having issues with the Android Howl app? I'm not talking about it lacking certain functionalities. I mean as soon as I open the app, freezing at a screen that says "Welcome to" with the bottom part of that phrase seemingly cut off, Scott laughing in the background, the howl logo and the phrase "Maximum wolf. Minimum hassle."

Hey there, I haven't heard this one before. Can you email support@howl.fm with a screenshot of the trouble as well as your device and what version of Android you're running? Thanks, and sorry it's being a butt to you

Can you guys get the android app to hook into underlying APIs so Android is aware of Howl Audio? Every other Audio app is present in the status bar and other apps (phone, maps, etc) can soften or pause the audio. Now when I use Google maps Howl just keeps blaring over directions. Furthermore when I'm at the home screen or lockscreen there's no way to pause or control Howl without finding and tapping the app icon.

Several times, I have either typed in a browser or searched my phone for Wolfcool. I think it's because the Howl icon is wearing cool headphones.

• Like 1

Why are there still ads on old episodes of Comedy Bang Bang and How did this get made? Will they be removed/replaced at some point? I am using the Android app.

Just checked again on an old episode of Comedy Bang Bang from 2012. First thing I hear is "Thiiiiiiis episode of Comedy Bang Bang was brought to you by audible...."

Is there an ETA on when the ads will be removed? Isn't the point of paying $5 a month so we can listen to these ad-free? Does the iOs/apple version still have ads?

Edit: Went to try this oowl.fm and saw this note:

We are experiencing difficulty with the ad-free Earwolf/Wolfpop archives on Howl. For now, you can listen to the archives - with ads - for free in the iOS App, or on Earwolf.com or Wolfpop.com. As promised, ad-free archives are coming to Howl soon! When they do, they will be exclusive to Howl Premium.Head on over to:

http://www.earwolf.c...medy-bang-bang/ to listen for free.

Kinda lame. Glad it's being worked on but I'm thinking maybe they rushed things with this Howl business too fast. There's been a good amount of speed bumps that doesn't really inspire confidence. Hoping things get resolved fast as I love this network of content. Just wish things were working the way they were advertised :D

Kinda lame. Glad it's being worked on but I'm thinking maybe they rushed things with this Howl business too fast. There's been a good amount of speed bumps that doesn't really inspire confidence. Hoping things get resolved fast as I love this network of content. Just wish things were working the way they were advertised :D

Is it really that big of a deal? Just FF the ads. I mean, is that the whole reason you bought it? Just to not hear ads? I pay for it to hear the original stuff that is only there. I guess I'm just confused if you know that they know there is a problem and that they are fixing it, why come here and post a complaint? Are you hoping they will refund you the $5? Is it really such a huge deal that you feel so strongly about it?

Is it really that big of a deal? Just FF the ads. I mean, is that the whole reason you bought it? Just to not hear ads? I pay for it to hear the original stuff that is only there. I guess I'm just confused if you know that they know there is a problem and that they are fixing it, why come here and post a complaint? Are you hoping they will refund you the $5? Is it really such a huge deal that you feel so strongly about it?

Not really a big deal. I did say "kinda" lame which is way less lame than regular lame. One of the many reasons I signed up was definitely because of the promise of no ads on the episodes and it was frustrating to not see any explanation of timetable for what was going on.

Let me be clear - I came here to post my questions for why there were ads (since you know...the whole thing is constantly advertised as not having ads so I didn't get what was happening). I asked the question in a few threads here and even tried digging around the Earwolf subreddit or reading it on the app but was coming up empty. It wasn't until I decided to test it out on the real Howl.fm site that I found out that they were having issues. I edited my post when I found that note so others like me would be aware of ths issue being worked on.

Did I complain about one of the various issues the service has had since launching? Yes. Did I come here just to complain? Not exactly at first....it was more about finding out info. But then I found out about the issue and I lodged a complaint (while also trying to compliment this awesome content that Earwolf provides). Isn't that the point of the forums? To voice our opinions?

I love Earwolf and haven't been as negative about this whole change in things as others have been so I'm sorry if my other posts seemed like I was making a big deal out of everything. I don't see why there's something wrong with asking for clarification and then voicing my opinion on the issue on the message board thread dedicated to the topic. I am looking forward to an improved app that has the features many have requested. So far the whole thing has been amazing (it does feel like a Netflix for audio comedy) but I was confused by something and then posted about it. Probably wasn't in that great of a mood at the time, as well. That's all :P

Hey gang,

We just released an Android update to the store a few minutes ago, it will fix:

- New episodes missing

- Audio now mutes when a call is incoming

- App now remembers where you left off when you switch episodes

- General bug fixes and other aesthetic updates

There is also an iOS update on the way as soon as it is approved by Apple.

We have a Howl contest going where you can win a trip to L.A.! http://contest.howl.fm/

And the ad-free archives will be ready and behind the paywall by the end of the week.

That's all for today's updates! Email me if you need any help or discover any new problems!

• Like 1

I just checked out the updated iOS app and am pretty excited about the ability to create custom playlists. This will be fun to play with.

I'm kind of frustrated by hosts advertising features of Howl that aren't available yet, like HDTGM referenced "hidden" episodes only available in the Howl.fm archives. It's odd that even though a huge part of the site (the archives) isn't ready yet, they are ready to charge me for premium membership.

The Android app remains atrocious after the update. Still no ability to access or pause from the notification bar or the lockscreen. The oldest amateur audio apps in the Play store offer that minimum functionality.

Even with the update, the Android app still crashes for me as soon as I start using it.

Then I tried to get premium through a web browser (my free trial ran out a few weeks ago), but the only link is to 'start a free week trial', then at checkout there was an error (which was entirely expected) and I couldn't even get to pay, something I was willing to do.

Basically this whole Howl ordeal is incredibly frustrating, and I've given up trying to pay back all of Scott and CO's goodwill generated over the years. I'll check in a year from now and hope the shit has been sorted.

So Howl is straight up a joke and I'd be honestly amazed, not sad but amazed, if it succeeds. Needs some serious looking at and I'm disappointed that something I've loved and respected for years is wallowing in this mediocrity. Do it right or don't do it at all, how do I understand this and these industry vets don't?

• Like 1