🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

HOWL Premium, HOWL Originals, HOWL.FM

I'm just hoping we get some updates soon in terms of lock screen controls, remembering my position on the show i'm listening to, and maybe an update where they remove the ads that are still present. Once those things are added I'll enjoy the app a lot more. As of now it's annoying to stop listening and then go back and try to locate my spot on the show again.

Minor frustrations but still hoping to see some kind of progress soon. It's been a few months now....is there any timeline or eta on things? I am loving the content on the app.....just wish the app was a little bit better.

So what's the deal with the Howl originals? They keep rolling out new shows, but when do new episodes of the older ones come out?

So what's the deal with the Howl originals? They keep rolling out new shows, but when do new episodes of the older ones come out?

I'm really looking forward to the Jemaine Clement show. Hope they start rolling out update info on stuff like that soon.

ANDROID USERS!!! Would any of you like to talk to me on the phone for just a few minutes about Howl this Thursday? It won't take long, you can win $50, and you can tell me everything you've ever wanted to about Howl. If you're interested, can you please email me, shannon@midroll.com with you phone number, a good time to call on Thursday November 12th, and what time zone you're in. I appreciate it greatly!!

EVERYONE ELSE!!! I am taking a survey of Howl users and non-users and cancelled users, EVERYONE and if you take a few minutes to take it you could win a $50 gift card! So, please take this survey! Do it do it do it!!

They don't, it seems like every original show is a limited series with no intention of succession. I dunno maybe they're planning Howl Originals Season 2 at some point but that seems severely misguided unless their intention was to get a bunch of people to accidentally pay them $5 one time.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

While RSS feeds for Howl are on the road map, I didn't want to wait. After a few weekends of development, I put together a web service to generate RSS feeds while we wait for the official feature.

It's available at https://howl-rss.128.io, is open source (reviewable by other people), and your Howl credentials never cross my server (they go through StageBloc, the same service Howl uses for memberships).

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

While RSS feeds for Howl are on the road map, I didn't want to wait. After a few weekends of development, I put together a web service to generate RSS feeds while we wait for the official feature.

It's available at https://howl-rss.128.io, is open source (reviewable by other people), and your Howl credentials never cross my server (they go through StageBloc, the same service Howl uses for memberships).

Wow, gave it a shot and it worked great, nice work. Maybe they should contract you to fix howl? :P

New subscriber. Still ads on HDTGM as of 2/6. I'm all for supporting the Earwolf family, but $5 per month seems steep when not all of the features have rolled out. I know it's just five bucks, but there are so many subscription services these days, it adds up and you expect to get what you pay for.

• Like 1

New subscriber. Still ads on HDTGM as of 2/6. I'm all for supporting the Earwolf family, but $5 per month seems steep when not all of the features have rolled out. I know it's just five bucks, but there are so many subscription services these days, it adds up and you expect to get what you pay for.

I've been a subscriber since it launched and have asked a couple of times what is going on with the ads that are still featured (many months after launching).

I've been told it's being worked on and they were having some difficulties but at this point I'm starting to prepare myself for the announcement (or no announcement....it just happens) that they won't be offering the ad-free versions. It's taken this long to try and figure out and I'm sure there's a lot of technical stuff I just don't know but IMO it feels like it should be easy to just edit out the ads and put up that version on Howl.

Either way....I don't have my hopes up too high. There's been very little in terms of updates and info. I really hope they figure it out. I love Earwolf and will continue to support.

• Like 1

I also just realized that the Comedy Bang Bang episode #'s are different from the actual episodes. Like I was listening today and heard Scott talk about breaking off a new Hundo soon and I looked at the Howl App and saw it read "Episode 423" that I was listening to. So odd.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

THE SUPEREGO ARCHIVES (SEASON 1-3) ARE NOW ON HOWL!!

I feel like that's all I really have to say... so go listen! Go go go go!

BIG SHOW DAY!

UNCLE BERTIE IS HERE!!

The Mysterious Secrets Of Uncle Bertie's Botanarium is an epic, richly sound-designed comedy adventure, created by a truly unique trio of writer/director Duncan Sarkies, musician Lawrence Arabia, and artist Stephen Templer. This Howl Original 12-part mini-series stars Jemaine Clement (Flight Of The Conchords) and an ensemble of creative friends from Wellington, New Zealand.

Travel back to 1768, when the Fortitude sailed from the famous port of Damprot, the Jewel of the Gravy Isles. The ship, commandeered by Lord Joseph Banks--nephew of the infamous botanist Bertie Banks--was on a mission to find a plant known to be the very source of pleasure in the world: Heaven's Clover. This is the tale of that fateful journey.

And in case you missed it, there is now a Howl forum right here on The Earwolf Forums! Post and Comment away!

Just to keep my angst regular, this is still a thing:

"We are experiencing difficulty with the ad-free Earwolf/Wolfpop archives on Howl. For now, you can listen to the archives - with ads - for free in the iOS App, or on Earwolf.com or Wolfpop.com. As promised, ad-free archives are coming to Howl soon! When they do, they will be exclusive to Howl Premium."

Just excuse that Howl has been on the scene for eight fuckin months at this point. It's still exactly the same as it was when it launched with the exception that a few of the shows have put out some new episodes. The app still freezes several times per episode even when the episode has been downloaded. There's still no search function. WTF with Barack Obama is still the featured episode on the landing page.

This is a garbage service. Long time fan very much still disappointed. This is super basic stuff and the no ads thing was advertised from the start. To call this amateur would be insulting to true amateurs. "As promised ad-free episodes are coming to Howl!" Okay, when? When you start charging money for a service you are actually responsible for filling your end of the bargain, so where is it?

• Like 1

ANNOUNCEMENT!

THE SUPEREGO ARCHIVES (SEASON 1-3) ARE NOW ON HOWL!!

I feel like that's all I really have to say... so go listen! Go go go go!

Season one is definitely missing some episodes and season two is missing the best ofs, which are absolutely different than listening to each individual episode. Same thing with season 3 except the 'second half' is missing too, which you can literally listen to for free at gosuperego.com. This is just stupid!

Season one best of: https://soundcloud.c...pisode-1-17-mp3

Season two best of volume 1: https://soundcloud.c...pisode-2-10-mp3

Season two best of volume 2: https://soundcloud.c...pisode-2-17-mp3

Season three fundraising podathon: https://soundcloud.c...episode-3-8-mp3 (best of volume 1)

Too many to list but you can also find the second half of season three on soundcloud.

Also you should buy Mount Us More if you haven't and Bad Honky too.

Just to keep my angst regular, this is still a thing:

"We are experiencing difficulty with the ad-free Earwolf/Wolfpop archives on Howl. For now, you can listen to the archives - with ads - for free in the iOS App, or on Earwolf.com or Wolfpop.com. As promised, ad-free archives are coming to Howl soon! When they do, they will be exclusive to Howl Premium."

Just excuse that Howl has been on the scene for eight fuckin months at this point. It's still exactly the same as it was when it launched with the exception that a few of the shows have put out some new episodes. The app still freezes several times per episode even when the episode has been downloaded. There's still no search function. WTF with Barack Obama is still the featured episode on the landing page.

This is a garbage service. Long time fan very much still disappointed. This is super basic stuff and the no ads thing was advertised from the start. To call this amateur would be insulting to true amateurs. "As promised ad-free episodes are coming to Howl!" Okay, when? When you start charging money for a service you are actually responsible for filling your end of the bargain, so where is it?

I'm here to chime in on this as well. I sent a message to howl support asking if this was still in the works. It's been way too many months since being told to sign up for ad-free shows for it to STILL be an issue.

I'm hoping for a positive response. Part of me thinks they gave up and won't be putting up ad-free shows. They probably realized people will just deal with it/fast forward so why continue working on it.

I appreciate the original shows but I personally was excited to have ad-free shows (especially for the shorter podcasts like Bob Ducca.....that's a show that is half ads and half content).

I'm kinda bummed too. I'm a huge fan and want Howl to succeed. I'm not actually upset about the premo content (that I think is great). But to be absolutely happy with paying a monthly fee I would really like to have the ad free versions of the pods that they promised (the pods that made me a fan in the first place). And then if they had an RSS feed field on each howl.fm podcast page (like near the "favorite" button or something), I probably wouldn't even have any major complaints anymore . . .

Maybe a large update is coming. Or maybe they are just having problems with an incompetent studio not meeting deadlines. Who knows? It has been too long though.

Hey Everyone,

I can assure you that we have not given up on ad-free archives and they will be here very soon. We want to do this right and do it right the first time. The team is working so hard to get the ads gone for premium, and they are really close.

We're very sorry for the long wait.

• Like 2

Hey Everyone,

I can assure you that we have not given up on ad-free archives and they will be here very soon. We want to do this right and do it right the first time. The team is working so hard to get the ads gone for premium, and they are really close.

We're very sorry for the long wait.

I'm still good. Between the SuperEgo archives, the ALIEN view-along and THE COMPLETE WOMAN, it's been worth it keeping my membership going.

Is anyone else unable to play podcasts through the howl.fm desktop site? Everything works fine on my Android app, but I've been trying to play podcasts on howl.fm all day to no avail; I log in to my account, but anytime I click on play I just get the 'Howl Premium' pop-up asking me to start a free trial of Howl Premium, even though I'm already a subscriber.

Not sure if this the right spot but...Feature Request! I feel like this may be in the works because of the way you've designed the UI, but it would be great if the pictures of the "Featuring" folks was a clickable link that led to all other appearances on other podcasts.

• Like 1

BIG SHOW DAY!

Hey Shannon (or anyone else) I'm dumb and can't find the NNF archives on my app. I see them on the website on my computer, but just a few eps on the app itself. Am I a moron?

Hey Shannon (or anyone else) I'm dumb and can't find the NNF archives on my app. I see them on the website on my computer, but just a few eps on the app itself. Am I a moron?

Hey Luke, you're not dumb. I promise.

All you need to do is go into the NNF page in the Earwolf section of the app, and pull down to refresh. Maybe go out to the "all shows" page and pull to refresh there too for good measure. The app just needs to ping the API once to pull in all those new archives, and then they should stick around after that. Pull to refresh is the answer in a lot of cases, so just for future reference, always try that first! :)

If you do have any issues with eps disappearing or anything please email support (address in my signature) so that I can get the team on it.

Hey Luke, you're not dumb. I promise.

All you need to do is go into the NNF page in the Earwolf section of the app, and pull down to refresh. Maybe go out to the "all shows" page and pull to refresh there too for good measure. The app just needs to ping the API once to pull in all those new archives, and then they should stick around after that. Pull to refresh is the answer in a lot of cases, so just for future reference, always try that first! :)

If you do have any issues with eps disappearing or anything please email support (address in my signature) so that I can get the team on it.

Like a charm! You're the best Shannon!