🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

HOWL Premium, HOWL Originals, HOWL.FM

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that the Howl Annual Plans have officially launched!

The current introductory price is $35 per year! That shakes out to about $2.91 per month. So if you already know you'll want Howl for a year, it's a great discount and you won't have to worry about billing or auto-renew or any junk like that for 13 whole months (you get a free month just for starting the plan)!

This annual plan will eventually increase in price, so if you think it's something you wanna do, go for it now and save some moneeey!

(Please note: Any 'free month trial' coupon codes from Earwolf ads will not apply to these annual memberships, but they are still valid for the monthly plan.)

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

I can assure you that we have not given up on ad-free archives and they will be here very soon. We want to do this right and do it right the first time. The team is working so hard to get the ads gone for premium, and they are really close.

We're very sorry for the long wait.

Don't remember where to put feature requests or if suggested already buuut . . .

I think it would be cool if Howl had a little "recommend for featured" button on every Earwolf archive episode (not originals). And then a free feed of like 10 or so most voted for episodes that are refreshed every month/week or something. This could be awesome for both people looking to buy Howl and people already subscribed because the Earwolf catalogue is enormous and daunting (and who doesn't like a lil curated list of greapisodes).

• Like 1

FYI I signed up for the annual plan using the web client with my login but my auto renewal kept going. So this month I got charged twice; the app and web client don't seem to be too aware of each other's payment method. So if you do sign up for an annual plan, make sure you cancel any auto payment on your phone.

FYI I signed up for the annual plan using the web client with my login but my auto renewal kept going. So this month I got charged twice; the app and web client don't seem to be too aware of each other's payment method. So if you do sign up for an annual plan, make sure you cancel any auto payment on your phone.

If you haven't sent me an email to support@howl.fm yet, please do! I would be happy to refund that extra payment for you.

• Like 1

Was hoping to give out some annual memberships for Christmas, but the Android app still seems rough (to put it politely). Are there any plans for a substantial update to coincide with the sale? They're podcasts fans so I think they'd dig the content, but I don't want them turned off by a shoddy user experience.

Was hoping to give out some annual memberships for Christmas, but the Android app still seems rough (to put it politely). Are there any plans for a substantial update to coincide with the sale? They're podcasts fans so I think they'd dig the content, but I don't want them turned off by a shoddy user experience.

Big changes are on the way, but they won't be happening during this particular holiday sale. Super sorry bout that.

Big changes are on the way, but they won't be happening during this particular holiday sale. Super sorry bout that.

No worries, I appreciate the reply. Purely anecdotal, but I know I'm not the only one in my circle of friends who'd be happy to jump over from apps like Pocket Casts if Howl could offer a similar quality of service, so please keep up the good work and I'll be keeping my eye out for that update!

Apologies if this isn't the place to post this question but I'm not sure where else to go to ask, even directly contacting Earwolf seems to be more for fan mail that may get read weeks down the line,

All I really wanted to know is if it's possible to gift a subscription to Howl premium to somebody else? Like, if I could buy a set 6 month subscription using my own email (probably done via my own iPhone) then give the log in info to a person to use on their phone as a gift? I wouldn't be using the subscription on my phone at the same time or anything, I'm just wondering if there's any unseen security stuff that says the account can only be used on the phone it was created on or something.

As you may have guessed I'm not exactly a hotdog when it comes to technology and this may have been a silly question but I just thought I'd ask.

Apologies if this isn't the place to post this question but I'm not sure where else to go to ask, even directly contacting Earwolf seems to be more for fan mail that may get read weeks down the line,

All I really wanted to know is if it's possible to gift a subscription to Howl premium to somebody else? Like, if I could buy a set 6 month subscription using my own email (probably done via my own iPhone) then give the log in info to a person to use on their phone as a gift? I wouldn't be using the subscription on my phone at the same time or anything, I'm just wondering if there's any unseen security stuff that says the account can only be used on the phone it was created on or something.

As you may have guessed I'm not exactly a hotdog when it comes to technology and this may have been a silly question but I just thought I'd ask.

This is totally not your fault for being confused, we don't have a built-in gifting system at the moment so it isn't the easiest thing to figure out. But you're right, the only way to do it is to essentially go to the website to buy an annual plan with your own email, or an email you create just for Howl and then give the login to the gift recipient. You could use the recipient's email address, but they will automatically notified with a 'welcome!' email that could ruin the surprise. Also, you CANT do this on your phone. When you buy a subscription on the app, it ties it to your AppleID or Google Payments account and then you cannot use that login on a device that isn't tied to that ID.

Only annoying catch with this is you'll have to get your friend to remove your credit card from the system before the next year begins, or you'll just be buying them another year. But maybe you'll want to do that! :)

If you ever have other questions about Howl, you can email me at the email in my signature.

Hey folks,

So looking for someone to tell me to bail on Howl and go to sticher premium if thats the plan. Any sense of direction would be appreciated. Noticed Mr Gourley correcting Mark that its Sticher Premium now. Just looking to actually pay for my favorit comedy.