🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 116.5 - Minisode 116.5

Whoopi Goldberg and a dinosaur together in a straight-to-video movie that you can watch in its entirety on YouTube will be covered on the next ep! This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Top Dog, explains whether Nic Cage could take Chuck Norris’ spot in Top Dog, and gives a sweet TV rec in Paul’s Pick of the Week. Plus, Paul reveals which movie he drove out of at a drive-in theater during Q&As!

People of the internet: A while ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA and now you’ll be able to see it. Go to www.crashtestshow.com now to buy it!

The Hotwives (Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider, Andrea Savage, Dannah Phirman, Tymberlee Hill, Angela Kinsey, Erinn Hayes) are back and this time they are in Vegas baby! The Hotwives of Las Vegas is coming to Hulu on Tuesday, August 18th!

Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, Paul in Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, ScheeRL on YouTube here:

, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for reading my comment on this mini-ep! And also thanks for the heads up that "Theodore Rex" is on YouTube!

• Like 1

"Prediposition"? I had to listen to it three times, but that's not a word. At least Google doesn't think it's a word. Maybe Google is wrong. I'll update Urban Dictionary for Paul.

Prediposition (noun) - Like predisposition, but how you feel about television shows on the USA Network.

• Like 1

Ugh.

I typed it into Google and here it is - it came right up.

A predisposition is a tendency to do something. If you know you have a predisposition toward getting carsick, better to plan ahead and avoid eating before a long drive. Things could get ugly.

noun

the fact or condition of being predisposed :

a predisposition to think optimistically.

• Like 9

Ugh.

A predisposition is a tendency to do something. If you know you have a predisposition toward getting carsick, better to plan ahead and avoid eating before a long drive. Things could get ugly.

noun

I promise I heard "prediposition" but according to my wife I never listen, so I could definitely be wrong.

• Like 1

Ugh.

noun

Hey Paul,

It's always great to see you on the boards, but you really don't have to engage with the quibblers. I'd hate to think the only time you post something here it is to defend yourself or the show. There's no need, we got your back. Plus, these types of posters tend to weed themselves out.

In the future though--if you do feel you want to respond to an annoying comment--feel free to use my "Angry Paul" gif.

b956649a6a55ac9a03464c0685874f26.gif

P.S. Theodore Rex is a terrible movie. I watched the first half this morning, but I'll have to start again knowing that Whoopi is a freaking robot!!!! I do have a feeling that my three-year-old will like it though, so i'll definitely be watching it with him when I start it over. Thanks for the great show!

• Like 8

In that Poochinski pilot, Boyle sounded a hell of a lot like Tony Danza in a couple of times. I am going to have to see if that pilot is on youtube.

• Like 4

Also, can we now consider Theodore Rex, Super Mario Bros and Jupiter Ascending "The Anthropomorphic Dinosaur Trilogy"

• Like 8

I promise I heard "prediposition" but according to my wife I never listen, so I could definitely be wrong.

To further the backpedaling on a dumb joke... I literally just opened my email at work and received an email that I have my annual hearing test on Wednesday this week. So I guess the EHS director where I work is also a fan.

• Like 1

Hey Paul,

It's always great to see you on the boards, but you really don't have to engage with the quibblers. I'd hate to think the only time you post something here it is to defend yourself or the show. There's no need, we got your back. Plus, these types of posters tend to weed themselves out.

In the future though--if you do feel you want to respond to an annoying comment--feel free to use my "Angry Paul" gif.

That's true, especially when they come on here to complain about a word that's actually a word instead of pointing out how the Total Recall quote from the minisode is not "Get me to Mars." But, honestly, I feel like the way Paul says stuff like that is half the fun of listening to him.

Also, can we now consider Theodore Rex, Super Mario Bros and Jupiter Ascending "The Anthropomorphic Dinosaur Trilogy"

Only if someone cuts up a JA trailer and adds in "Walk the Dinosaur" by Was (Not Was), since that's the only one missing it.

In that Poochinski pilot, Boyle sounded a hell of a lot like Tony Danza in a couple of times. I am going to have to see if that pilot is on youtube.

I wasn't super paying attention at that point and thought it was Bob Hoskins for a minute.

• Like 5

35 million for a straight to video film??? now that is bonkers (not sure if its literally bonkers but its definitely bonkers)

From what I read on IMDb, it was intended to go to theaters, but when the studio saw how terrible it was they changed their minds. In this movie's defense, from what I saw of it this morning, I would say the 35 million is up there on the screen. The puppets are pretty well done, if not a little creepy. It's really the script that's the issue. I really like it as a companion piece to Top Dog. Top Dog was a movie that was supposed to be for children, but tone deaf in terms of subject matter. Theodore Rex, on the other hand, is definitely for children, but fails because it has no respect for its audience. It's all style and no substance. The dialog is inane, the characters are stupid, the comedy falls completely flat, and the plot is trite and derivative. I honestly had a hard time paying attention to it for more than a few minutes at a time and had to force myself to refocus.

Also, I will defend Whoopi's performance. From what I read, she had to be sued in order to keep her in the movie. Considering she didn't want to be there, I don't feel like she phoned it in. I sometimes forget that Whoopi was once a really talented actor/comedian.

Plus, this movie has Drusilla in it. I know that doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot, but it made me happy.

Drusilla-Spike-Angel-promotional-images-buffy-the-vampire-slayer-12513254-665-1000.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, thanks for reading my comment! My 4th time on a minisode - I'm putting this on my resume!

I definitely don't want to upset June, but I'm glad the TRUTH IS FINALLY OUT THERE!

#FairAnimalActorCrediting #FAAC

• Like 4

Another family comedy that I wouldn't let my kid watch. Lot of inappropriate stuff going on here.

The obsession with tail comedy might be the worst part.

Another family comedy that I wouldn't let my kid watch. Lot of inappropriate stuff going on here.

The obsession with tail comedy might be the worst part.

Really? Is it that inappropriate? Anything specific you can point to? Admittedly, I was barely paying attention this morning, but I didn't get the impression that it was too ribald for kids? The only thing I caught is there seemed to be a lot of "burping as a joke" type humor. I was going to watch it with my son sometime this week since it is so cartoonish and he loves dinosaurs and robots (which are apparently in play in this movie).

I thought it would be a perfect fit for him.... :mellow:

robots (which are apparently in play in this movie).

Yeah, thanks for the spoiler alert Paul! (to be read in outrage voice)

• Like 3

From the people that brought us MOTHERFUCKING MONKEY TROUBLE, guys! I am seriously interested in that "Rumble in the Bronx" merch though.

• Like 5

From the people that brought us MOTHERFUCKING MONKEY TROUBLE, guys! I am seriously interested in that "Rumble in the Bronx" merch though.

Yeah, the fact that they had to promote it by how much it would help them market other releases was pretty fantastic.

• Like 2

Yeah, the fact that they had to promote it by how much it would help them market other releases was pretty fantastic.

Yeah, this definitely sounds like a version of the trailer that would play at trade shows for marketing people and video store owners or something.

Sign in to follow this