🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 97 — Julie Klausner, Our Close Friend

Oh shit! Just woke up, does Jeff Ulrich want to meet me?

Yep. He wants to hand deliver the new EW Scripps Pro-Version upgrade. I guess the handlebars have streamers(?) now, but there's no seat.

• Like 2

Guys, considering how S+H and this show get mentioned in other forums here a lot, it must be getting large numbers now, right?

We are Legion. Or do I mean Legend? Yep, that's it. We are Legend.

• Like 3

this episode was so funny it made my head hurt

I've also been recovering from a fever but that's unrelated probably

good stuff

• Like 15

I got to be on stage with Julie Klausner once, coincidentally when I was in Hollywood. It was during a taping of her podcast and Billy Eichner interviewed/yelled at me before Julie and Ted Leo played a game of trivia about the podcast where they had to raise my arm whenever they knew an answer. She gave me a copy of "High on Arrival: A Memoir" by Mackenzie Phillips that Julie had signed. It was pretty great.

• Like 6

It appears today that Midroll/Earwolf confirmed premium RSS feeds are 'on the road map.' I've so been clamoring for that show to come back in addition to this great show! tanks but YES tanks

• Like 8

so cool how the boys decided to do one last great ep before Earwolf stops making content

• Like 20

I got to be on stage with Julie Klausner once, coincidentally when I was in Hollywood. It was during a taping of her podcast and Billy Eichner interviewed/yelled at me before Julie and Ted Leo played a game of trivia about the podcast where they had to raise my arm whenever they knew an answer. She gave me a copy of "High on Arrival: A Memoir" by Mackenzie Phillips that Julie had signed. It was pretty great.

I listened to Julie Klausner talk on a podcast once, it was pretty funny.

• Like 13

I listened to Julie Klausner talk on a podcast once, it was pretty funny.

Well, if you keep listening to this podcast, man, someday you'll get to my level.

Finally got to listen, what an honor to receive the pro-version! And such a great character, not sure about Julie's song choice though.

• Like 7

Instead of having the subscription howl services why don't all the Earwolf hosts do ads for guns like Mancow does. Mancow wears sunglasses all the time and broadcasts from Navy Pier so he's obviously cool as fuck plus that gun scrilla has gotta be worth more than 5 bucks a month per user.

• Like 7

Hey everybody, new guy here. I very recently listened to all 96 episodes of the show and I'm glad I caught up before the paywall appeared because I only make $5 a month at my job and I need to use that money on a 5 dollar footlong for my wife and 10 children (we only get to eat one inch each. it's very tough stuff).

Aaaaanyway, this was another wonderful episode, but the real reason I wanted to post is because I was watching Sunday Night Baseball the other night (Sunday) (Go Royals) and color commentator John Kruk was telling a story and he said "My good friend George... Brett" like EXACTLY how Sean and Hayes do it. I know they're big sports heads so I figured they'd appreciate it. Also it raises the possibility that John Kruk is a Hollywood Handbookhead, which is exciting in and of itself.

Anyway glad to finally be part of the forum I've heard so much about! Hi!

P.S. Here is a recent photo of John Kruk for those of you who are not sports heads:

EI_168850_JF3_6365-lpr.jpg

• Like 24

This episode was very special to me as someone who, as a teenager, was obsessed with dave matthews, and is now, as a person in their early 30s, obsessed with Hollywood Handbook.

Mikey Bones - how much you selling that pro version for bro?

• Like 7

Confirmation of RSS feeds mean I left my computer on all night for nothing, since we'll still be able to download local copies of everything.

Starting HH listen now

Really thought you were gonna break the silence with "Danza," Hayes

• Like 1

Hey everybody, new guy here. I very recently listened to all 96 episodes of the show and I'm glad I caught up before the paywall appeared because I only make $5 a month at my job and I need to use that money on a 5 dollar footlong for my wife and 10 children (we only get to eat one inch each. it's very tough stuff).

Aaaaanyway, this was another wonderful episode, but the real reason I wanted to post is because I was watching Sunday Night Baseball the other night (Sunday) (Go Royals) and color commentator John Kruk was telling a story and he said "My good friend George... Brett" like EXACTLY how Sean and Hayes do it. I know they're big sports heads so I figured they'd appreciate it. Also it raises the possibility that John Kruk is a Hollywood Handbookhead, which is exciting in and of itself.

P.S. Here is a recent photo of John Kruk for those of you who are not sports heads:

Welcome to the most exclusive club on Earwolf ! Scott is very happy to point out HH has some pretty low numbers as far as some advertisers are concerned. You know what? They don't get it. Not the advertisers, not those idiots at the CBB board (yes offense SteveH), and definitely not Goodbye Mr. Scripppppps!!! You get it though. Stick around and maybe one day you might even get the pro version or a question asked in the PCG (though the future of that segment seems shaky at best). TL:DR what up what up

Byeeeeee

• Like 12

Mikey Bones - how much you selling that pro version for bro?

Sorry bro, unlike these greedy two-party politicians, I ain't for sale.

• Like 7

the boys are playing God bringing Jack back.

I will probably stop listening to this podcast.

• Like 13

Dear Law Dog,

I think I might literally know you in real life, or at least know people who know you. If so, I hope you'll accept my invitation to be friends in real life, which I'm issuing now, via this post. I have waited so long for someone I know in real life, even vaguely, to love this radio program, independent of my urging. Please don't be afraid let's be pals. Ask around I'm very cool.

If it turns out I'm wrong, and I don't know you or anyone in common, then allow me to humbly withdraw my invitation to be friends.

Fondly,

Josh

• Like 13

your sincerity is appalling.

• Like 6