🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cockney Mackem

What film got you into the podcast?

Having a hard time remembering, but I think I just saw that there was a bad movie podcast on Earwolf and thought it'd be a good listen. The earliest memory I have of listening to HDTGM was the Birdemic episode, so that's likely where I started, being a Weird Al fan and all.

I saw Rifftrax do Birdemic and was perusing the wiki page for the movie and it mentions HDTGM with 'Weird Al.' I think they were a few episodes past at that point, but I caught up.

I was a latecomer to the whole podcast thing. At Thanksgiving last year, my friend and I were talking, and he was completely incredulous that I had not listened to any of the CBB podcast. He made me listen to a few classic episodes, and I was pretty intrigued. Then I started looking around the rest of Earwolf and found HDTGM right about the time they were doing Tango and Cash near the beginning of the year. It quickly became my favorite podcast, and I look forward to it more than just about anything else in my sad, dire existence.

• Like 3

I was actually a surprisingly big fan of Human Giant and have listened since ep 1. Still love it just as much as I did then, I thought I would be sick of HDTGM by now but it's just too good.

Really can't remember.. I was on an adultswim bender and into NTSF.. so likely I looked up Paul on Wikipedia and found a reference to it there. Took me quite a while to get up to date. I didn't start actually watching the movies (that I hadn't already seen) until Fair Game. So it took me longer to get up to date (which only happened on the Furious 7 episode recently). Might go back and watch the movies I still haven't seen.. only just saw Road House for the first time a few days ago...

This is one of the rare podcasts I got in on the ground floor with.

Heard Paul Scheer plug it on Doug Loves Movies and said "that sounds fun"

Most of my favorites are above ep50s

This is one of the rare podcasts I got in on the ground floor with.

Heard Paul Scheer plug it on Doug Loves Movies and said "that sounds fun"

Most of my favorites are above ep50s

Yeah, there's a period in which the podcast is still establishing itself in terms of what features they do and what part each of the regulars plays in discussing the movies

Great username by the way!

• Like 1

Green Lantern. I had just seen the movie and saw the episode on the Earwolf page. I hated that movie so much, and the promise of being able to share my hate with a podcast was appealing. Of course that episode has since been taken down, for no apparent reason. The second episode I fell in love with was The Smurfs.

So, yeah.

• Like 1

It was Winter's Tale that got me hooked. My wife and I were about to leave on a vacation that involved a 10 hour flight. I can't sleep on planes, so I usually load up with podcasts and audio books and try not to fidget too much. We had both thought the movie looked terrible, based on the trailer, so when I noticed that this hitherto unknown podcast was going to discuss it, I grabbed it.

When we got back two weeks later, I downloaded the entire run.

• Like 1

I remember this very specifically. It was Sharknado, the first one. In the movie in the LA is flooding scenes there is a quick shot of a Family Mart convenience store. Now Family Mart is one of the big three of the convenience stores here in Japan and I found this odd, so I wanted to know if it was a thing in America. I posted to ask, and my comment fell on deaf ears. Then a year letter for Sharknado 2 I was so perplexed by it that I wrote my second ever comment on that one. That comment made it on to the mini-episode. It made me feel very giddy that some silly thing I thought of made it on, and since then, especially so this year, I try to post regularly.

Also I would be lying if I didn't say it also made me giddy to talk with other forum people who were min-sode regulars. It was like meeting stars.

• Like 2

I, uh, discovered The Room last spring and searched for podcasts of it. I've now listened to every live HDTGM episode, and am starting from the first studio ones and working my way up.

Yeah, there's a period in which the podcast is still establishing itself in terms of what features they do and what part each of the regulars plays in discussing the movies

Great username by the way!

Thanks man.

I know what you mean.

In Ep 60 Im screaming at my ipod "How do you not know Street Fighter is a video game!?!"

then by Ep 99 Im screaming "If June wants to talk about the butterflies, then we talk about the butterflies the entire 2 hrs!"

• Like 2

I was listening to another podcast last spring that recced the Crocodile Dundee episode. Then I saw they had covered Godzilla 1998 and knew I was home.

I was on Nerdist.com and i saw they had an article on the show and a link to the episode, it was the one about A View To A Kill which i've seen.

After that episode i was hooked.

• Like 1

I found this podcast by searching the podcast app for 'Sleepaway Camp' intent on listening to whatever came up. I was delighted to find my new favorite thing thanks to one of my all time favorite (bad) movies.

A post on Fark.com linked to the Xanadu episode. I was rolling laughing the entire time and binged that night on a few more. Now I have my favorites saved on iTunes and listen to them often. This is the only comedy podcast I am subscribed to!

• Like 1

For me, it was September 2013. I was driving back from a trip to the Sierra Nevada. Somewhere in western New Mexico, on a stretch of I-40, I scrolled through a list of movie podcasts on Stitcher and I thought I'd give it a try. My first episode was Crocodile Dundee 3. I thought it was ingenious: rag on the movie for a while, then talk to someone intimately involved with it. I was disappointed to learn that wasn't the format for all the episodes, but it didn't matter in the end. I love all of the episodes. Since then I've listened to every episode multiple times. There are a couple I haven't touched (Road House, Cool As Ice) because I want to review the movies first.

I'm also an avid fan of the Empire Magazine Podcast--a smart, funny gang across the pond who geek out about movie news and reviews once a week. I think you have to log into iTunes UK to subscribe.

What happened to the Green Lantern episode? Does anyone know?