🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JMSFedaykin

Just some advice for the Wizards in the house...

Hey There Everybody!

Long time, first time... Blah, blah, blah... I just thought I'd pipe in here because there's been something that's been bugging for about the last 2+ years that I've been listening to the podcast. I may be mistaken. (It's been about 15 - 20 years since I played D&D.) But I believe that in second edition, since wizards use spellbooks, can't wizard's teach the spells that they know to other wizards?

So, Hugg and Winter could collectively pool their spell knowledge? Also, just because you have say for example, Magic Missile and Web in your spell book, that doesn't mean that the slot you got when you chose Web has to be used for Web. What I mean is, since your guys are 6th level, you get 4 1st level spells, 2 2nd level spells and 3 3rd level spells. You can fill all four 1st level slots with Magic Missile if you want to. It just sounds like y'all are only filling one slot with Magic Missile, for example.

Also, I could be wrong on this, but I thought Rings of Telekinesis functioned like this. You basically multiply the amount by the duration. So in your case, it's 25lbs. x 20 turns. That gives you 500 lb/turns. This means that you can also do 50lbs. for 10 turns, 100lbs. for 5 turns or 500lbs. for 1 turn, for example. Like I said, I could be completely wrong on that, it's been a long time.

Anyway, keep up the great work! Amarth Amon lives!

Sign in to follow this