🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 202 — No Joke Thieves Allowed (@FatJew)

Paul Rust, Mookie Blaiklock, and Mike Mitchell join Matt Besser to make a meal of joke thief Josh Ostrovsky aka “The Fat Jew” on this week’s improv4humans! Their discussion of the recent plagiarism backlash will serve as inspiration for improvised scenes about taking serious offense to a child re-telling a joke they heard at summer camp, the trace of anti-semitism that is allowed when posting hate against his moniker, and being a writer who makes rappers uncomfortable in interviews. Plus, Mike gets put in the Confrontation Corner in a scenario in which a sketch group he was a part of uses his idea for a TV show and doesn’t let him be in the show. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

- Intro Story - @FatJew steals Besser joke – Parents get angry at son for not crediting jokes heard at camp (1:40)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Finding out how many calories are burned during masturbation – Burning calories at the gym by masturbating (19:25)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Traces of anti-Semitism being allowed when posting hate at his Twitter handle – Searching for The Ugly Jew columnist who writes advice (27:36)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Joke-stealer defends himself in interview – Writer who makes rappers uncomfortable during interviews (40:11)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – If the joke-stealer had a show at UCB - Erin Brockovich has to show top after trying to force someone to drink poison water (50:05)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Stealing Besser’s joke word-for-word – Mookie has to admit at school assembly that he had sex with his dog (54:22)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Getting credit when not deserved – Ed Sullivan getting credit for Beatles performance (1:06:01)

- Confrontation Corner – TV show doesn’t give credit to co-creator – Mike discusses getting recognition for his contribution to new sitcom (1:10:52)

• Like 2

Triumphant return of Paul Rust!

• Like 10

So, does Paul think stealing jokes is a... No-no?

• Like 16

PAUUUUUUUUUUL STRONGER THAN IRON RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST

• Like 7

Triumphant return of Paul Rust!

It's like when Michael Jordan returned to basketball at the end of Space Jam.

Because I'm assuming Paul's been teaching cartoon characters how to do competitive improv in order to save their world from a group of aliens that have stolen the talents of other famous improvisers.

• Like 7

Im sure matt had to expect some questioning of the which show was (half) his idea.

From my understanding it was Matts idea to have the contestants say something hilarious and occasionally even down right weird before they got off the bus on the hit dating show Next.

• Like 5

PAUL RUST!

Is it weird that I was worried about him?

Harris' death must've been really hard for him, I've been thinking about that too since he hasn't been on CBB or I4H since

• Like 3

Paul has been busy with the Pee-Wee Herman Netflix film, so he's been under the radar lately...

• Like 5

Paul has been busy with the Pee-Wee Herman Netflix film, so he's been under the radar lately...

And I'm pretty sure that he has also been filming the new Judd Apatow Netflix show called Love in which he stars with Gillian Jacobs.

Speaking of love, Paul loves chemicals so much he might as well be Walter White over here!

• Like 17

Im sure matt had to expect some questioning of the which show was (half) his idea.

From my understanding it was Matts idea to have the contestants say something hilarious and occasionally even down right weird before they got off the bus on the hit dating show Next.

Maybe it was Singled Out?

• Like 1

New No-no!

Jew No-Nos!

(I haven't started listening yet so I am not sure if I am being anti-Semitic. I hope not!)

• Like 5

the state came to besser with the idea to have like a dozen white people on stage and besser said 'yeah that's a good premise...hey, by the by, i was interested in doing a show with jokes and stuff' and the rest is history

• Like 7

We love you Ed Sullivan!!! I AM NOW THE BEATLES

The Rosie O'donnell part killed me

• Like 5

this was a very funny episode

• Like 6

The fat-j*w stuff has bothered me too. I've noticed the casual antisemitism has really been ramped up the last few years.

• Like 1

Holy shit, that Ed Sullivan sketch! Hilarious!

Agreed. Lots of good (read: intentionally bad) impressions this episode.

• Like 3

Amazing episode, as usual. Best podcast in the universe

• Like 3