🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 117.5 - Minisode 117.5

Doug Benson is 51?! He looks like he's in his 30s.

• Like 2

paul, jason and adam are on the latest DLM if you're interested

I ran here as soon as it hit my podcast app! I just wish June had been there and it would have been the best crossover!

• Like 4

paul, jason and adam are on the latest DLM if you're interested

I am just getting to this episode of DLM now, and while I'm sure I could probably find this out in the wilds of the Internet, but could this possibly mean Benson will be the guest for Maximum Overdrive? If so, that would be awesome!

ETA: Well...I guess I should have waited 15 more seconds and would have learned this was not the case.

Oh well....

b71a177a13253ffaf8a9d4f932878de7.gif

• Like 3

Okay, that was decently entertaining. But I found myself rolling my eyes at how absurd the action was, rather than enjoying it a lot. I mean, I love over the top action as much as the next guy...but driving a car into a helicopter? Stomping on cracking concrete and making someone fall through it? Come on now.

• Like 1

Auden had a good point about the listing order of fast furious. with out IMDB you would really have a hard time keeping them in order on say a PVR. ended up watching them out of order.

Thanks, jarrycanada. Although, I guess, to be fair, none of the Fast & Furious--oh! And another thing! Sometimes the word and in the titles are spelled out and sometimes they are written as ampersand--titles is as confusing as this movie:

27x34tv.png

Five now dog five! Five now dog five!

• Like 6

I've watched this movie three times since last Friday. How the shit is it only Tuesday?! I need this episode to be out now!

• Like 2

What if smoking copious amounts of marijuana fights aging? Listening to my D.A..R.E. officer may be the worst decision I ever made.

• Like 1

I'd seen it was received well on RT but hadn't read any reviews and loved it. I thought it probably bit off more than it could chew but in the end was easily one of the best horror movies I've seen quite some time.

I loved It Follows because it caught the essence of 80s old school horror and I did like the twist on the old horror trope of now having to have sex in order to survive. To be fair I've liked the recent trend of making thrillers or horror movies in the vein of the 80s like Sleeper and to an extent The Guest, and It Follows did this really well as outside of a couple instances of technology, you really couldn't get an idea of whether this was set in present time or decades ago, which only added to the ambiguity of the movie.

• Like 1

Apparently he found the Fountain of Youth along with Keanu Reaves who just turned 51 today.

What if smoking copious amounts of marijuana fights aging? Listening to my D.A..R.E. officer may be the worst decision I ever made.

I thought of pot too when I saw his age, but I doubt that's it. I know a few pot smokers (I live in Austin after all), and none of them look young for their age.

Apparently he found the Fountain of Youth along with Keanu Reaves who just turned 51 today.

Whoa.

• Like 1

I remember finding out over the course of one week that Doug Benson had been in both Captain EO and Friends and it dawning on me how old he must be.

Needless to say my mind was fucking blown.

• Like 2

I remember finding out over the course of one week that Doug Benson had been in both Captain EO and Friends and it dawning on me how old he must be.

Needless to say my mind was fucking blown.

and lets not forget ... blade runner

BrQ72abCUAEEjjq.jpg

he was on the "i was there too" podcast back at the start of the year ... its worth a listen

• Like 4

Oh, does he smoke pot? I've never heard him mention it.

• Like 3

Oh, does he smoke pot? I've never heard him mention it.

Yeah, apparently Kevin Smith does too.

Mind blown,huh?

• Like 3

Since we're on the topic...something just occurred to me. How badly do you think sub-par comedians--who use pot smoking as a crutch to garner cheap applause--do NOT want marijuana to be legal? I'm not talking about Doug Benson, as I think he's funny whether or not he ever brought up smoking ever again, I'm talking about the comics who get up there and say shit like, "I just wanted to apologize to you if I'm a little off tonight, but I just smoked a fat blunt backstage (*giggles*)." (HUGE applause!)

Once it's legal, wouldn't that be like saying, "I just chugged a couple of Corona's backstage?" Seriously, who gives a fuck? I can only imagine that such comments get applause BECAUSE it's illegal, and therefore, rebellious ( ? ). Once it's legal, what was already a lame attempt at currying favor, not only comes off as even more moronic, but you also lose that entire audience that thought it was cool to begin with. I'm just saying, it's in the best interest for these pro-pot comics to keep the status quo.

Sorry for the minor detour off the Furious 7 highway...

• Like 4

Since we're on the topic...something just occurred to me. How badly do you think sub-par comedians--who use pot smoking as a crutch to garner cheap applause--NOT want marijuana to be legal? I'm not talking about Doug Benson, as I think he's funny whether or not he ever brought it up smoking ever again, I'm talking about the comics who get up there and say shit like, "I just wanted to apologize to you if I'm a little off tonight, but I just smoked a fat blunt backstage (*giggles*)." (HUGE applause!)

Once it's legal, wouldn't that be like saying, "I just chugged a couple of Corona's backstage?" Seriously, who gives a fuck? I can only imagine that such comments get applause BECAUSE it's illegal, and therefore, rebellious ( ? ). Once it's legal, what was already a lame attempt at currying favor, not only comes off as even more moronic, but you also lose that entire audience that thought it was cool to begin with. I'm just saying, it's in the best interest for these pro-pot comics to keep the status quo.

Any comedian whose material needs to use anything as a crutch is worthless, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Once it's legal, wouldn't that be like saying, "I just chugged a couple of Corona's backstage?"

Are you sure you won't try a nice Belgian ale instead?

• Like 2

Are you sure you won't try a nice Belgian ale instead?

No way man! Get out of here with your better quality, better tasting European bullshit! Corona is the working man's beer! In my 'Merica, we like our beer watery, skunky, and to go down like chilled piss.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

No way man! Get out of here with your better quality, better tasting European bullshit! Corona is the working man's beer! In my 'Merica, we like our beer watery, skunky, and to go down like chilled piss.

giphy.gif

I like how you picked a gif of one of the characters that's not even in this movie.

• Like 1

If this is true I am excited for my future

tumblr_nrypiwpy4f1t0rxw8o1_500.gif

• Like 4

If this is true I am excited for my future

tumblr_nrypiwpy4f1t0rxw8o1_500.gif

Yeah...Taylor Anne, we've been meaning to talk to you about that. We're on to you. This is an intervention.

e39f4050c65f05c781088e936a45fbc1.gif

• Like 4

Look Taylor Anne, this is a safe place and we all love you, but you really need to kick the jazz cigarettes.

Do you know what a "gateway drug" is?

2101d6fb432f508540e722afa9c4b9aa.gif

• Like 4

Both taylorannephoto and Cameron H. have gifer madness.

• Like 6