🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 23 - A Miami Record Store In 1967

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes all of youse (as we said back in the Philadelphia times) back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Derek Waters of Drunk History! They chat about how Derek is brave for making himself get in a deprivation tank, the one time he got a citation for being a witness to beer, and why he chooses to drink with the storytellers on his show Drunk History. Paul is then joined by Carla Cackowski, Marc Evan Jackson, and Colleen Smith to improvise a story set in a Miami Record Store in 1967. And as always, Eban Schletter (only the best) scores it all on piano!

Attention Worldwide Web! On SATURDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2015 SPONTANEANATION streams LIVE from The Los Angeles Podcast Festival! With improvisers CRAIG CACKOWSKI, MATT GOURLEY and JANET VARNEY, accompanist EBAN SCHLETTER, and a special guest! Go to www.lapodfest.com and use the code PFT to get a li’l discount!

Great episode, super excited for Paul on Drunk History.

also would love an episode with both the Cackowskis

• Like 7

also would love an episode with both the Cackowskis

That would be a double Cackattack.

• Like 12

Eban was too low in the mix... I was losing him to my worksite's terrible ambient chattery.

holy shit, plantain pete was the best bowie persona i've ever heard.

ever.

• Like 3

A delight as always. And a banner day for hilarious/terrible Beatle impressions on Earwolf.

• Like 10

Such a great episode. I love MEJ, and pretty much everything he said in this episode made me laugh.

I also loved where Paul's Cuban accent somehow morphed into Dracula at the end of "Jyes! We should look for your daughter!"

• Like 4

Man, that Ed Sullivan and The Beatles sketch on Thursday's I4H, John Lennon on CBB and now the Beatles' reunion on this show...is this week the anniversary of something?

• Like 4

Such a great episode. I love MEJ, and pretty much everything he said in this episode made me laugh.

I don't know...he was pretty good, I guess. I just think it would've been better if he could've kept from getting so damned flustered.

• Like 2

Oxy Bump offers natural and holistic products that are the first of their kind to utilize the powerful element of OXYGEN! Bump Away congestion, allergies, cold, and sore throat formulations.

Ea1Zz.gif

• Like 4

I also loved where Paul's Cuban accent somehow morphed into Dracula at the end of "Jyes! We should look for your daughter!"

I was waiting for him to pull out a 'Leave him alone!'

"This is a time of social turmoil, especially here in Miami... I guess." I could practically here the look being thrown at Derek Waters.

Lastly, I am not affiliated with Oxy Bump and have no endorsement on the efficacy or lack thereof of their product.

• Like 1

Haha I was waiting for an Altered States reference and was not disappointed.

Sign in to follow this