🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 203 — Bitter Beer Face

D'Arcy Carden, Jill Donnelly, and Craig Rowin explore a new toothless gummy language society, follow the life of Marcy the Interrupter, and take us to the beginning of the Metal and Social wars on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! Plus, Matt explains how his experience at the Outside Lands Festival ended up with him running from security. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

- Intro Story – Famous person hook-up who spouse would be okay with – Girlfriend informs boyfriend that Obama wants to have sex with her (0:33)

- Intro Story – New season of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell - Negotiating for season 3 at Ad-ult Swim. (7:36)

- Twitter Suggestion – Roadkill – Running toward bears to avoid squirrels (16:49)

- Crap on YouTube – Dentist pulls 32 teeth instead of 3 – 1-tooth man claims to look like the Bitter Beer Face guy (25:09)

- Question from Listener – What is your favorite part about Donald Trump? – High school student gets grief for interrupting people (37:16)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Songs that tell you what to do – Creating a horrible throwback song (58:17)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Besser’s daughter singing “Bicycle” by Queen – Learning different lyrics to nursery rhymes (1:09:00)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Running from security at Outside Lands – Grounded kids try to escape obese parents (1:18:10)

Just a heads-up - this show gets pretty Uh-Dult.

• Like 3

Also, I found Tremors 3 to be the least enjoyable of all the Tremors movies. Yet Tremors 4 was surprisingly pretty good.

Also also, I was actually in Best Buy a couple of weeks ago (to pick up The Sword's new CD). And I went over to the computer section and left a few of the computers on the I4H Earwolf page before I left.

• Like 3

Personally, I'm SHOCKED that Matt doesn't like songs that "tell [him] what to do."

Loved the titular scene. And yes, I remember the commercials.

• Like 3

Humons,

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- Intro Story – Famous person hook-up who spouse would be okay with – Girlfriend informs boyfriend that Obama wants to have sex with her (0:33)

- Intro Story – New season of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell - Negotiating for season 3 at Ad-ult Swim. (7:36)

- Twitter Suggestion – Roadkill – Running toward bears to avoid squirrels (16:49)

- Crap on YouTube – Dentist pulls 32 teeth instead of 3 – 1-tooth man claims to look like the Bitter Beer Face guy (25:09)

- Question from Listener – What is your favorite part about Donald Trump? – High school student gets grief for interrupting people (37:16)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Songs that tell you what to do – Creating a horrible throwback song (58:17)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Besser’s daughter singing “Bicycle” by Queen – Learning different lyrics to nursery rhymes (1:09:00)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That – Running from security at Outside Lands – Grounded kids try to escape obese parents (1:18:10)

• Like 3

As soon as I started running nobody was looking at James anymore. He got his bag and escaped with ease.

Everybody vote on the next Best Of!

• Like 7

As soon as I started running nobody was looking at James anymore. He got his bag and escaped with ease.

Everybody vote on the next Best Of!

Please have James Adomian on sometime. I'm sure you guys can mine that exp for a whole lot more improv. Plus he's one of the greatest improvisers in the universe.

• Like 1

It breaks my heart that Craig's podcast got podcancelled. I still relisten to back episodes to fall asleep often. So it was fun to have this Its That Episode... reunion?

If thats what it was.

Or even if thats not what it was, whatever, dont tell me what to do.

Anyway I suggest listening to D'Arcy and Jill's episodes.

Humons,

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

Why

This was an all-time classic episode. Just incredible. I know you can't do it all the time, but those moments when the improvisers find their into a long, sprawling, globe-trotting scene, it's the best. This episode had two of those.

Top 10 material, right here.

• Like 3

This team sounded like when bojack horseman made fun of improv.

Right down to the silly voices for no reason and the "he sees a boat" "look a boat!"

I've noticed, with the exception of half a swarm, wild horses, and brithday boys, the complete team episodes always sound a little who's line is it compared to mixed improviser eps.

But A+ for appearance of Besser's guy off in distance.

Hey, does anyone remember which ep Besser does the raiders guy /w similar voice? I don't remember who the guests were.