🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118 - Furious 7: LIVE

Is have to watch that part again, but potentially he downshifted it while braking? That would drive the revs up, especially if the car has auto blip for rev matching, and if it focused on his feet you might not see him shifting, since I don't think it has a clutch pedal.

Not that I think that's it, since it's more likely to be an oversight/editing thing of someone putting in random car noises, but it's at least a possibility.

• Like 2

If the gang does an earlier installment in the series, I think "2 Fast 2 Furious" would be the way to go. Holy shit, what a stupid movie...

Yeah. So stupid. I was somehow fine with the first Fast and the Furious movie, but 2 Fast 2 Furious was absolute shit. Tyrese ruined it. It wasn't until HDTGM that I watched any of them again. By part 5, of course, they were going relentlessly over the top with the action so it wasn't really about underground street racing anymore.

• Like 2

Is have to watch that part again, but potentially he downshifted it while braking? That would drive the revs up, especially if the car has auto blip for rev matching, and if it focused on his feet you might not see him shifting, since I don't think it has a clutch pedal.

Not that I think that's it, since it's more likely to be an oversight/editing thing of someone putting in random car noises, but it's at least a possibility.

Had to double check myself. It is definitely a manual, as if Dominic Toretto would ever be caught dead driving an automatic. You can see him with a foot on the clutch as he pumps the brake with his other foot.

The car also definitely shifts up a gear and is accelerating during that cut away, while Dom is trying everything to stop it. Although, come to think of it, he doesn't try using the E-brake/parking brake, which seems like an obvious choice rather than accelerating through to the next building.

• Like 2

How many times does Kurt Russell say "well well well" in this film? I'm pretty sure it's at least three times.

If this is pretty much The Avengers, then Kurt Russell would have to be the Nick Fury analogue. He's a powerful higher-up in a shadowy government organisation who enlists the skills of our heroes to go on a mission for him. Man, Kurt Russell would've made a far better Earth 616 Fury than David Hasselhoff did. I promise this isn't just eyepatch typecasting.

recasting-marvel-s-avengers-left-nick-fury-right-kurt-russell-309306.jpg

• Like 6

How many times does Kurt Russell say "well well well" in this film? I'm pretty sure it's at least three times.

If this is pretty much The Avengers, then Kurt Russell would have to be the Nick Fury analogue. He's a powerful higher-up in a shadowy government organisation who enlists the skills of our heroes to go on a mission for him. Man, Kurt Russell would've made a far better Earth 616 Fury than David Hasselhoff did. I promise this isn't just eyepatch typecasting.

I would have liked to have seen maybe Clooney as Fury classic, or go really old (he was supposed to have fought in WWII with Cap) and have Clint Eastwood, but Russell is a really good pick. I think maybe I'd disregarded him previously because of the aforementioned eyepatch work, but dammit, he can certainly rock it.

• Like 2

I really want Kurt Russell to come back in the next movie. And I feel like he would, but I also feel like he's about to blow up with The Hateful Eight, so I hope he doesn't get "too big for his britches" and is still down to do stuff like this (also, if he's the Nick Fury to the Fast and/or Furious team's Avengers, I'm 100% on board).

Yeah. So stupid. I was somehow fine with the first Fast and the Furious movie, but 2 Fast 2 Furious was absolute shit. Tyrese ruined it. It wasn't until HDTGM that I watched any of them again. By part 5, of course, they were going relentlessly over the top with the action so it wasn't really about underground street racing anymore.

I think that "2 Fast..." is a total video game movie. If you break it down, it's like every race or every task is another level. They get their mission, things are going well, something goes wrong, then things go right just in time for them to pull it out in the end, and the cops forget again that they're looking for a big crew of racers that all hang out together that have flashy signature vehicles. Seriously, it's like everyone gets away and the cops are like "Well shit, we'll never find them again". Meanwhile, the Asian girl drives a bright pink car with a fucking dragon painted on it.

Speaking of which, the first race of the movie has everyone racing around town while Ludacris is doing things to spice the race up, like lifting the drawbridge, which causes some racers to totally eat shit, while others just don't try the jump. Anyway, again, the Asian girl wipes out, and she's all "Shit, I don't know how I'm ever going to fix this", to which Luda's like "I think we can...work something out". I'm assuming that they fuck, Luda fixes the car, and she forgets that HE'S THE ONE THAT FUCKED UP HER CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Thought this would be as good a time as any to post in this forum finally. Not sure how corrections and omissions works, but seeing as somebody already brought up in the podcast how this franchise should combine with every other franchise, I'll share a stupid thing I came up with.

Literally a week before Paul Walker died I (jokingly) came up with an idea for a new direction the Fast and Furious could go in.

And it starts with Home Alone 6 - Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci reprise their roles as Marv and Harry as they once again break into the house of a now adult Kevin McCallister (played once again by McCauley Culkin), injuring themselves on traps set up by Kevin. But then in a twist of events they sue him. This unfolds in a lengthy court case looking back o the previous films resulting in the imprisonment of Kevin.

This then spins off into new Avengers-like movie event where Vin Diesel and Paul Walker as Dom and Brian break Kevin out of prison as he is a childhood friend of Kevin. Now Kevin, along with the Fast gang get revenge on the now retired from crime and wealthy Marv and Harry.

Home Alone And Furious.

Ummmm...you need to either tweet this to @HDTGM/@paulscheer/@MsJuneDiane or post it to their facebook wall. Because this is incredible.

Don't use Twitter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Posted on the Facebook group wall though!

Ummm the Furious crew have obviously been saving him for when the series is ready to make it's nautical debut...

adam_scott.jpg

tumblr_lrcg7phWUh1qaswdw.jpg

This is amazing and makes my day! :D

Correction: Paul is wrong about James Wan doing Star Trek 3. Justin Lin, who did Furious 3-6 is. James Wan, meanwhile, is doing (wait for it)...a new Mortal Kombat movie. Also, Aquaman.

• Like 1

Correction: Paul is wrong about James Wan doing Star Trek 3. Justin Lin, who did Furious 3-6 is. James Wan, meanwhile, is doing (wait for it)...a new Mortal Kombat movie. Also, Aquaman.

I think that what Paul is saying is that all "Fast & Furious" directors look alike to him. Not cool, brah...

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this. Throughout the three Fast and Furious episodes, (definitely during this one) Paul often commented that the characters were like superheroes, and Vin Diesel and the Rock were like the Hulk. And while I was watching the movie, I saw this....

post-96260-0-29558300-1441619891_thumb.jpg

I think Paul might have made the "one of the characters is like the Hulk" comment while they were discussing Fast 5. If he did, maybe, just maybe, the director, the scriptwriter, or one of the producers heard the episode and decided to do this...

(Sorry about the size. I don't know how to upload an image onto the forum besides using the attach file option)

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this. Throughout the three Fast and Furious episodes, (definitely during this one) Paul often commented that the characters were like superheroes, and Vin Diesel and the Rock were like the Hulk. And while I was watching the movie, I saw this....

I think Paul might have made the "one of the characters is like the Hulk" comment while they were discussing Fast 5. If he did, maybe, just maybe, the director, the scriptwriter, or one of the producers heard the episode and decided to do this...

(Sorry about the size. I don't know how to upload an image onto the forum besides using the attach file option)

There was also a joke in Fast 6 in which Tej had Hobbs listed in his phone under "Samoan Thor" and Roman says, in reference to Hobbs, "so now we work for the Hulk?"

Related to this: near the end of the movie, during the "Daddy's gotta go to work" scene, the main tv in the room shuts off when the satellite tower is destroyed. Inexplicably, he has a bedside tv as well (most hospitals usually have a big one mounted on the wall or one by the bedside, but not both), and that tv is still on:

7vV6SJH.png

But what's Hobbs watching?

Turns out, it's a play from a 1991 Univeristy of Miami game where a 19-year-old Dwayne Johnson sacks the Florida Seminoles quarterback.

• Like 2

so listening to the ep i think this is what fast 8 would look like if jason, paul, june and adam were to write it ...

10e21wi.jpg

It would still have a smaller cast than the next Expendables movie.

• Like 1

With all of this said, I.M.H.O. it is also possible that the change to make "Doom" a precuel could have been made at the last minute so that Indy didn't cheat on Marion ( Just like the Paul said in a previous FF episode ) amongst other aditional things

Doom as a prequel also makes a lot of sense in that Shanghai during World War II was occupied by the Japanese. Meaning, restricted airspace, etc. Jones would have had a hard time catching his flight.

Related to this: near the end of the movie, during the "Daddy's gotta go to work" scene, the main tv in the room shuts off when the satellite tower is destroyed. Inexplicably, he has a bedside tv as well (most hospitals usually have a big one mounted on the wall or one by the bedside, but not both), and that tv is still on:

7vV6SJH.png

But what's Hobbs watching?

Turns out, it's a play from a 1991 Univeristy of Miami game where a 19-year-old Dwayne Johnson sacks the Florida Seminoles quarterback.

Or, it's the video of a 19-year-old Dwayne Johnson chasing the mascot of the SDSU Aztec's into the stands to kick his ass.

so listening to the ep i think this is what fast 8 would look like if jason, paul, june and adam were to write it ...

10e21wi.jpg

Since we got Iron Giant, we might as well add the robots from Pacific Rim. And the new genetically-engineered dinosaur from Jurassic World, since we got a dragon. And the new Godzilla. And the new King Kong. And Sauron and his minions from the Lord of the Rings. And Elsa from Frozen, since we got Lilo & Stitch. And Buzz and Woody from Toy Story. And Wall-E. And the Incredibles. And Jack Sparrow. And the characters from Inglourious Bastard. And Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator. And Babe the sheep-pig. And Timecop. And Bridget Jones. And Hannibal Lecter. And the crews of Serenity from Firefly. And Maya from Zero Dark Thirty. And Constable Nicholas Angel from Hot Fuzz. And Predator. And Xenomorph. And Liam Neeson (as one of the characters he played in his movies or just himself) and a wolf and a shark -- just because.

Oh, and MacGyver.

• Like 1

Well, you guys are totally racist. Han is Korean American. He didn't move to Tokyo because he's from there, he just did it because he felt like it (also to justify his presence in Tokyo Drift).

A brief history on the character "Han." The actor, Sung Kang, appeared in one of Justin Lin's first movies Better Luck Tomorrow as a character named "Han." So when Justin Lin took over the F&F franchise with Tokyo Drift, he put him in the movie. At the end of Tokyo Drift, Vin Diesel shows up and says he knew Han. Fun side note, apparently Vin Diesel would only agree to cameo in Tokyo Drift if Universal would give the rights to the Riddick franchise. They did, which is how Diesel was able to basically self produce the most recent Riddick movie.

Anyways, when Diesel ended up coming back for F&F4 they decided they had to explain how he knew Han, so they through in an opening sequence where Dom had a new hijacking crew with Letty and Han in the Dominican Republic. At the end of this sequence Han makes a comment about going to Japan and then disappears from the rest of the movie, arguably closing that loophole. However, after F&F4 was a huge hit, they went on to make more and I guess they decided they couldn't really explain Vin going to Tokyo randomly during these movies to sync up his appearance in Tokyo Drift. Also, since Lin directed 3, 4, 5 & 6, it makes sense he'd bring back Han for all of those movies since they'd worked together so much.

In F&F6 they have him and Gisele talk about moving to Japan to give Han a reason to move there at the end of the movie. Also, they needed to kill Gisele to explain why she wasn't with Han in Tokyo Drift. But again, Han is not Japanese or of Japanese descent. Kang was born in America and is of Korean descent. He did not move to Japan because he was Japanese.

• Like 2

Well, you guys are totally racist. Han is Korean American. He didn't move to Tokyo because he's from there, he just did it because he felt like it (also to justify his presence in Tokyo Drift).

A brief history on the character "Han." The actor, Sung Kang, appeared in one of Justin Lin's first movies Better Luck Tomorrow as a character named "Han." So when Justin Lin took over the F&F franchise with Tokyo Drift, he put him in the movie. At the end of Tokyo Drift, Vin Diesel shows up and says he knew Han. Fun side note, apparently Vin Diesel would only agree to cameo in Tokyo Drift if Universal would give the rights to the Riddick franchise. They did, which is how Diesel was able to basically self produce the most recent Riddick movie.

Anyways, when Diesel ended up coming back for F&F4 they decided they had to explain how he knew Han, so they through in an opening sequence where Dom had a new hijacking crew with Letty and Han in the Dominican Republic. At the end of this sequence Han makes a comment about going to Japan and then disappears from the rest of the movie, arguably closing that loophole. However, after F&F4 was a huge hit, they went on to make more and I guess they decided they couldn't really explain Vin going to Tokyo randomly during these movies to sync up his appearance in Tokyo Drift. Also, since Lin directed 3, 4, 5 & 6, it makes sense he'd bring back Han for all of those movies since they'd worked together so much.

In F&F6 they have him and Gisele talk about moving to Japan to give Han a reason to move there at the end of the movie. Also, they needed to kill Gisele to explain why she wasn't with Han in Tokyo Drift. But again, Han is not Japanese or of Japanese descent. Kang was born in America and is of Korean descent. He did not move to Japan because he was Japanese.

You just blew my socks off my balls bro. Outstanding work.

• Like 1