🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 11 - Tara Copeland - Spotlight On: Becca Foster

Prepare yourself for a roller-derby of emotions as Wompler & Listler put the Spotlight On Marissa’s childhood friend Becca Foster on this week’s WOMP IT UP! After we hear about Wompler & Listler’s Girl Power weekend at the Roller Derby, things get real as we go down memory lane with Becca and learn about her relationship with Marissa growing up in Marina Del Ray. Plus, we’ll discover that Becca has kinks during Listler’s Love Lockdown.

• Like 1

It's so funny when the ladies nearly have a normal human emotional response to things. Becca as Marissa's secret/shame friend makes so much sense in this world and Tara Copeland was great.

Anyone else think this show flies by? Even though most episodes are about an hour whenever they start wrapping up it catches me off guard and feels way too early. More Womping, please!

• Like 4

This episode was pretty great aside from Listler inexplicably dropping in a music clip from this century.

• Like 5

I've really enjoyed all the eps so far, but this one was particularly great!

Becca is such a great character; Tara fit in so well here. She pushes Marissa all over the place this ep, and there's so much great stuff that came out here. The dynamic was perfect! I would love an episode with Marissa & Becca just to see how Listler would react to her spending time with her "no.1 best friend" - I'm sure Listler wouldn't be too far away ;) Or maybe getting her in the same room with Gutters... man there are some real possibilities here!

• Like 2

Oh I would kill for a Becca and gutters interaction..I think they'd really bring something amazing/horrifying out of Marissa

Yes! I want to see this so badly!

Becca is an amazing character. I love that Marissa has this girl in her life that's basically everything she isn't, without it being an antagonistic relationship. I love how Becca kept calling Marissa out on her bullshit from a place of love.

The Listler/Becca interactions were great too. It's kind of weird how as Womp It Up has progressed, Listler seems to be a little less crazy and a little more aware of Marissa's destructive behaviors; from older CBB eps, I always got the sense that some of Marissa's problems came this weird relationship with Listler, but in this show things seem to be developing in a different way. It's great how Listler was basically vetoing Becca trying to get into the STARS program, like she knows it'll be damaging to Becca's future.

Very weird, very layered dynamics. I love that this show exists and that this strange mythology is getting a chance to grow and develop and breathe in all these different directions. Definitely need an episode of this show that features the return of a lot of the new characters interacting with each other. Maybe at the next birthday bash.

• Like 2

Agree with everyone, LOVED the Becca addition to this world, and the only character introduced thus far that totally should be added to the world that is Wompler and Listler. She just fits so perfectly into their story and I'd love to see her inserted into the Stars program even as an extracurricular

"I'm still getting piled...by people who are hard as rocks"

My biggest podcast laugh of the week.

• Like 2

What's interesting about this podcast is it is cast, as opposed to just having friends on.

It seems like I'm not alone in my love for this episode. Becca is my new favorite secondary character in the Wompiverse. As a trio, these characters work in any combination, and during the episode they shifted beautifully from one arrangement to another.

Becca is so sincere and so grounded as a character, when she threw the rock pile joke out there I nearly crashed my car. I wasn't even driving at the time.

Golf claps all around.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this