🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 373 — Vocal Fry

Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet joins the esteemed first timers club on this week’s Comedy Bang! Bang! Eric expertly tells us how to troll Instagram, the lessons he learned from Tina Fey & Del Close in Chicago, and why a spontaneous Z-snap might have helped him in his audition for the role of Cameron on Modern Family. Later, our favorite musical friends Victor & Tiny return with a new friend by the name of Willard “Willy” Mapleton who helps Scott & Eric with their accent work. Impress your Australian friends with this free speech lesson!

That's a good ep!

That's a good ep!

• Like 6

Holy shit I am CRYING and silently choking back laughter at Tiny's style of Emmy support for Modern Family.

Goddammit that was a funny episode.

• Like 5

That's a good ep!
That's a good ep!
That IS a good ep!

Was that EVEN an ep?

• Like 10

That's a good ep!

That's a good ep!

That IS a good ep!

Was that EVEN an ep?

I didn't like that ep.

• Like 9

That's a GREAT ep!

I didn't like that ep.

Was that EVEN an ep?

That IS a good ep!

That's a good ep!

That's a good ep!

That ep's ok

• Like 7

Stonestreet was great, but he has some real balls to earnestly say that Modern Family deserves to win the Emmy again.

Brendon Small is a goddam genius.

"Robert Durst jinxed something, and look, he's nominated for two Emmys!"

• Like 8

That's a good ep!

That's a good ep!

That IS a good ep!

Was that EVEN an ep?

I didn't like that ep.

That's a GREAT ep!

That ep's ok

That's a GOOOOD ep!

*Leggero laugh*

• Like 13

I was SO damn excited when I saw that Victor and Tiny were on. I couldn't wait for the Closing Up The Plugbag theme song. I just knew that Tiny would deliver an epic addition.

But then that ASSHOLE Willie had to go and wreck everything.

• Like 4

Brendon Small IS a goddamn genius. Victor and Tiny are hilarious.

Brendon Small is a TERRIBLE Star Wars fan! Boba Fett IS a clone of Jango Fett! More specifically, he is an unaltered clone that Jango requested as his payment from the Kaminoans, for serving as the template for the clone armies ordered by Darth Sidious (under the guise of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, of course). Jango Fett did RAISE Boba Fett as his son, but Brendon's correction in this episode is FLATLY WRONG.

• Like 7

Brendon Small IS a goddamn genius. Victor and Tiny are hilarious.

Brendon Small is a TERRIBLE Star Wars fan! Boba Fett IS a clone of Jango Fett! More specifically, he is an unaltered clone that Jango requested as his payment from the Kaminoans, for serving as the template for the clone armies ordered by Darth Sidious (under the guise of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, of course). Jango Fett did RAISE Boba Fett as his son, but Brendon's correction in this episode is FLATLY WRONG.

LEAB HIM ALONE!

• Like 21

I really hope Willy joins Victor and Tiny at Caesar's Palace for their bit.

Crowd: *Victor and Tiny and Willy*

**Trumpets play**

[Victor, Tiny and Willy enter on separate chariots]

[All three walk up to microphone and look at each other]

[Victor pretends to be scared and walks away. Tiny and Willy convince him to stay]

Tiny: Hey how you doing?

Victor: I'm good. How was your day?

Tiny: I'm good. How was your day?

Willy: I'm good. How was your day?

Victor: What did you have for lunch?

Tiny: I had apple pie.

(then the bit goes on from there)

• Like 4

Brendon Small lives his life at the speed of C+. 24/7 good ep.

I also love how game Stonestreet is, from improv shenanigans to joking about call sheets. He seems just as eager to be goofy and awkward as Scott, which is a rare thing for someone on a network sitcom. Modern Family may not be my thing, but he makes me laugh.

• Like 7

I used to think Brendon Small could do no wrong, but I thought Willy Mapleton was aggravating and unfunny from the get-go--so the best part of this episode was hearing "Scott-the-host"'s annoyance with Willy gradually turn into "real Scott"'s dislike of the actual character. Loved that it was so clearly conveyed, to the point of Brendon-as-Tiny admitting "this might have been a misstep."

I used to think Brendon Small could do no wrong, but I thought Willy Mapleton was aggravating and unfunny from the get-go--so the best part of this episode was hearing "Scott-the-host"'s annoyance with Willy gradually turn into "real Scott"'s dislike of the actual character. Loved that it was so clearly conveyed, to the point of Brendon-as-Tiny admitting "this might have been a misstep."

I love when people imagine their own version of events like this to confirm their own feelings on a character. "Scott totally agrees with me that this character sucks!" No. It was a funny character intended to be annoying and Scott was going along with the bit. He was cracking up at Willy.

• Like 16

Brendon Small is one of my absolute favourite guests. This might have put him into the top spot.

Uh oi!

• Like 2

I absolutely loved how pouty and unlikeable Willy was. I really hope he comes back. Also, I expected his favorite Star Wars charac to be "Han Soiloi".

• Like 7

I felt like a real idiot during this episode considering where I'm from but it was a long day and drive home.

But I found myself trying to do the Australian voices along with them, after a solid 5mins I said "what in the hell am I doing right now?"

• Like 9