🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

EPISODE 100 — Aasif Mandvi, Our Big Get / Scott Ankerman, Our Business Rival

People are acting a little kooky in this thread.

RE: ads

It just seems this way. For the past few weeks, I've noticed many shows have been running 2 pre-roll (top of the show) and 2 mid-roll ads. Usually one of these ads has been internal. Plus they have the weekly internal post-roll ads (the sponts, the womps, the blacklist, this week's is Question of the Day). Ya, we're getting more ads, I'm happy when Scott does the 'least popular, no money' bit that I'm confident it isn't true.

This ep in particular seemed ad heavy since they repeat the long Howl internal ad (kind of a bad move, but easy enough to skip), and the biggest reason-- the short / nonexistent Pre-Guest Segment. The Guest segment itself was very extended, so the timeline of the episode really front loaded the ads.

RE: Bullseye

Also.. obviously the Jesse Thorn Guest segment is being banked. They've done this lots before. The Andrew and Fans segments were like this, released weeks after their recording. Also from my Wiki-ing and having to go back to original popcorn gallery requests, it's not always the week before. EDIT: For example: In the Ep 30 Little Esther thread, PCGs were requested first for BJ Novak (would be Ep. 32) and then Dave Thomas (Ep. 31)

What I'm trying to say is I'm the smartest and best fan and who needs some dumb old tattoo anyway.

• Like 15

I am sorry but I don't think those tattoos are very nice,smart, funny,and they certainly not good at sports. No points for you,Reddit.

I know Sean says we should be nice but good taste must prevail. Those tattoos are an idea that never should have made it out of the development phase.

• Like 4

yeah i'm going to try to be nice when I say this, but whoever got those tattoos did a bad job and look like dumb, ugly trash people.

• Like 7

People are acting a little kooky in this thread.

RE: ads

It just seems this way. For the past few weeks, I've noticed many shows have been running 2 pre-roll (top of the show) and 2 mid-roll ads. Usually one of these ads has been internal. Plus they have the weekly internal post-roll ads (the sponts, the womps, the blacklist, this week's is Question of the Day). Ya, we're getting more ads, I'm happy when Scott does the 'least popular, no money' bit that I'm confident it isn't true.

This ep in particular seemed ad heavy since they repeat the long Howl internal ad (kind of a bad move, but easy enough to skip), and the biggest reason-- the short / nonexistent Pre-Guest Segment. The Guest segment itself was very extended, so the timeline of the episode really front loaded the ads.

RE: Bullseye

Also.. obviously the Jesse Thorn Guest segment is being banked. They've done this lots before. The Andrew and Fans segments were like this, released weeks after their recording. Also from my Wiki-ing and having to go back to original popcorn gallery requests, it's not always the week before. EDIT: For example: In the Ep 30 Little Esther thread, PCGs were requested first for BJ Novak (would be Ep. 32) and then Dave Thomas (Ep. 31)

What I'm trying to say is I'm the smartest and best fan and who needs some dumb old tattoo anyway.

Are you Scott Anchorman's personal assistant?

• Like 3

Steve, you're pretty dang twisted today. What's going on in that head of yours!? Nm dont tell me I don't wanna know ;)

• Like 13

nohorseman is Scottyboy, the original S&H superfan.

• Like 6

e7l890o.jpg

these dudes on reddit are winning the biggest fan contest.

I tried to get a "Too scary" tattoo, but they messed up and put "Too sacred." It's fine and still makes sense though because my body is a temple.

• Like 22

Hello sean and hayes. long time listener, part time lover, first time commenter. was going to say congratulations on the first hundo but in light of recent episodic events I have canceled the numerous gifts/burlesque performances I was sending. side note: who can reimburse me for these

• Like 9

guys this 100 ep is 2 spooky looks like a coupla ghosty eyes googling at you and he's holdin a knife in his right hand like gonna stab u watch out lol oooOOOOoooo

how does a ghost laugh in chat? lo000OOOoooOOoo00OOol.

Speaking of Google, really cool font in your story Jakal, way to pay homage to Google's new comic sans logo (tim wtf?)

Anyway, all jokes aside (cause seriously I could go on all night - just ask your mother heyoooo) congrats on the hundred episodes Hayes and Sean really didn't think you could do it, which is kind of embarassing cause I just started listening like 5 episodes ago. Real egg on my face. Keep up the great work.

• Like 15

guys this 100 ep is 2 spooky looks like a coupla ghosty eyes googling at you lol oooOOOOoooo

how does a ghost laugh in chat? lo000OOOoooOOoo00OOol.

Speaking of Google, really cool font in your story Jakal, way to pay homage to Google's new comic sans logo (tim wtf?)

Anyway, all joking asalad (cause seriously I could go on all night - just ask your mother heynong man) congrats on the hundred episodes Hayes and Sean really didn't think you could do it, which is kind of embarassing cause I just started listening like 5 episodes ago. Real egg on my face. Keep up the great work.

Did a little punch up for you pepps.

• Like 19

Did I say congrats on 100?

Congrats and thanks for all the laughs!

I am a real podcast "nerd" and HH is my all time favorite.

Thank you for that and for making me realize that nerds IS cool and I shouldn't be embarrassed to post under a fake name about how much I love podcast!

• Like 6

Did a little punch up for you pepps.

haha dude, I love that joke! that's why I bought the t-shirt, so I can laugh and laugh and laugh

NQ9A1yB.jpg?1

• Like 19

mikebonetti, what did that cake originally say?

CONGRATULATI

ON-TO HAYES AND SEAN

FOR COMPlETiNG

10 EPiSODES

SUCCESSFUllY

It was an old cake.

• Like 15

CONGRATULATI

ON-TO HAYES AND SEAN

FOR COMPlETiNG

10 EPiSODES

SUCCESSFUllY

It was an old cake.

Oh, I thought some letters got cut-off and it was originally supposed to say:

CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKEBONETTI FOR COMING

ON-TO HAYES AND SEAN'S PODCAST FORUM AND

FOR COMPlETiNG A VERY GOOD JOKE ABOUT THE PODCAST REACHING

100 EPiSODES. HE DID THIS VERY

SUCCESSFUllY

• Like 8

I tried to get a "Too scary" tattoo, but they messed up and put "Too sacred." It's fine and still makes sense though because my body is a temple.

wtf man. You knew I was gonna get that done.

• Like 13

Congratulations on making roughly 6000 minutes of hollywood handbook content, you crazy dingdongs!

Also: tough crowd for fan tattoos.

Glad I decided not to upload a picture of the "tanks but no tanks" tattoo I have on my shaft

• Like 15

1. I want to stab tattoo guys in face. Not fun from the knees up. (sorry Valerie)

2. JacobC, Jakal tell cosmic truths, listen to them.

3. Fifth-person is WikiLeaks.

4. nohorseman bold new fact-based posting style.

5. I gotta pee.

6. Cake Manetti? (is that something?)

7. trundle4lyf

8. List based posting style on loan and is intellectual property of esteemed forum member who's name I am not fit to speak.

9. On the precipice.

10. Bonus ep.

11. As if.

• Like 9

Not cool JP. The numbers is bad.

• Like 5