🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 374 — Tick Tock Clawk

A lot of people standing up and shaking their fists lately.

one of my new favorite Scott-isms, painting a verbal picture that must be yes and'd by John Lennon and the like.

I feel like it really started when Victor and Tiny were doing the "Leave him alone!" bit but maybe Scott was doing it a lot more earlier and I just wasn't noticing it as much.

He even did it on the recent Hollywood Handbook. I love it because no one ever sees it coming and everyone reacts differently.

The point? That's easy.

It's totally stupid, yet Scott finds it hilarious. Therefore it is hilarious.

I liked "you're standing on the table swinging both fists at me!"

Because it's funny. A character has a minor disagreement or is mildly annoyed, and then Scott amps up their outrage by 11 because he can describe what they're doing and they have to roll with it, podcasts being an aural medium and all.

"Other than confirming and moving on." Not at all accurate. Comedy comes out of the performers' various reactions to Scott's new twist on their reality, and then they have to calm down or whatever it is they decide to do. It's like when Scott and Jason try to box Andy Daly in an improv corner. What's the point of trying to box Andy in when he just gets out of it and they move on? COMEDY.

I noticed this trend of Scott's as well and I love it!

This one mentioned- "Please calm down! You're standing up and shaking your fist."

As well as when Scott or anyone coughs on mic, now becomes "Wow, I'm getting very emotional." or "Are you okay? You're crying. - Tears are streaming down your face."

It's a masterful form of 'Yes, And-ing'. I love it when another guest joins in and adds to it. - Mantzoukas comes to mind.

It's hilarious to hear the receiving character react and adapt like Fran Gillespie had to do on this one. she nailed it too.

I loved this ep, so much, and I'm not even done yet. I could listen to these three guys hang out and goof off every day. My face literally had a permanent smile through the whole ep. Definitely a "Best of" contender for me.

C+

• Like 8

I love it, too. Matt Besser does this a lot on Improv4Humans. Someone (in character) will start yelling and Matt will say, "Calm down, get off the table!" or something of that ilk. The idea of people getting mad and shaking their fists, standing on a table, or waving a strap-on battleship at their teacher's face (i4h deep cut) is always hilarious to me.

• Like 4

I just went on Splitsider and saw monday's ep was one of their picks for podcast of the week. It must've been a slow week cause I didn't think that ep was that good, this ep was much better. Just felt I had to share this, byeee

• Like 1

Such a loopy episode with a really fun, laid-back energy -- no one promoting anything, just genial weird silliness. The combination of the Time Keeper and New No-Nos was just insane and wonderful. One of my favorites of the year, I think, and one where you can tell how much Scott is enjoying the proceedings, which is always contagious.

• Like 2

I was wondering if Scott was making up the blowjob gesture stuff for Fran or if she was going in that direction herself. If so, he kinda did all the heavy lifting that made the character funny. :/ Not that she did nothing, I just think Scott deserves a good deal of credit for making Marco interesting.

i listened to this back and forth like six times:

...i don't think hathn't is a contraction

tis now... upon this very morn!

we have to get to our next guest. are you going to behave yourself?

i shall. let's cast the pods into the realm!

ok. that's not a saying...

'tisn't?

• Like 5

I love the timekeeper. he's the best worst character of all.....time. I also loved how legitimately awful the new no-nos were. This may be the best/worst (berst? borst?) ep ever.

My favorite part of the timekeeper's first appearance (6th anniversary ep?) was how pretty much anytime he would say anything, Scott would just say "OK, timekeeper", and move on.

• Like 2

This discussion about Scott pimping guests into doing whatever he describes them doing made me think of how he always says a guest is crying if they start stifling laughter during something they're saying, like Bernard mentioned above. That's one of my favorite examples, but I love when he does stuff like that.

Did anybody else get the feeling that New No-Nos was channeling a bit of Foam Corner? It felt very foamy to me.

• Like 2

I was wondering if Scott was making up the blowjob gesture stuff for Fran or if she was going in that direction herself.

I think she might've been going in that direction anyway, but Scott loves to add the visual. Every time he did it, I actually said out loud "Scott, this is not that kind of podcast."

• Like 4

I've been thinking for a couple of weeks that we needed a new Time Keeper episode and this was spot on!

This episode clocked me like a hurricane. One of my personal faves of the year. That Would You Rather Question was so terrible. I pray that we get Rust as Julia Child for an extended segment some day.

• Like 1

Kid Detectives JJ and Murphy O'Malaman vs. Marco and Fourvel

IIRC, weren't there a few other Wild Horses members that played kids also?

IIRC, weren't there a few other Wild Horses members that played kids also?

And what about the kid with the Benjamin Button Disease + Tabitha Tartine?

I've found myself with an abundance of time this week due to travelling and such, so I've managed to get a solid four listens of this ep. And yet I haven't had enough time to listen to it as much as I'd like to.

I've found myself with an abundance of time this week due to travelling and such, so I've managed to get a solid four listens of this ep. And yet I haven't had enough time to listen to it as much as I'd like to.

For both the sentiment and the details, this would probably be the Timekeeper's favorite comment ever.

• Like 4

Wait...how did they work out that 1000 candy bars eaten in one weekend works out to 4 per hour?

• Like 1

Made my day. Fantastically funny. I was worried at the beginning timekeeper wouldn't be as good as the first time, but this was even better. His comments during new no no's were killing me. All three guests and Scott were brilliant.

I was surprised Maxwell's favorite band wasn't Morris Day and the... well, you know.

Maybe he prefers...

tumblr_ml4ccyPrQ81rr30tpo1_1365730451_cover.jpg

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS - Neil's performance as the Timekeeper was so good that he's the first person to be awarded an Emmy for a podcast.

Neil_zpszr6sqgmi.png

• Like 3