🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118.5 - MINISODE 118.5

I like the Bic pen truck, is that a play on the pen is mightier then the sword.

If the Bic pen empire heir, Ric Bic, isn't too busy running for president and overcoming his predilection for public masturbation, maybe he could come on the show and give us some info.

• Like 2

Trucks is just plain bad outside of a few incredible scenes. I know I posted one in the Bad Movie Recommendation forum where for some reason a regular toy truck someone came to life and killed a mailman by basically curbstomping him. Then there was a scene where a hazmat truck with suits hooked up in the back, one of the suits fills with air, grabs an axe, and kills a guy. Also, for a straight-to-DVD movie this movie came off pretty light on content, like they were preparing for it to be shown on TV a bunch so they made it in a way that there wouldn't need to be much editing.

There's a movie review podcast that I listen to called "Now Playing" that's about two years into their on-and-off Stephen King retrospective series, where they're covering all of the films/series in the order that the source material was published or filmed, if it originated as a film. Anyway, they covered "Trucks" when they did "Maximum Overdrive", and it turns out that it originally aired on USA as a TV movie/potential pilot for a TV series, and if there were any particularly gory shots or anything, they were added to the home video cut. I can't remember if this came before or after their "Children of the Corn" series, but they reviewed like all 9 of those in a row, and it damn near broke them.

• Like 1

There's a movie review podcast that I listen to called "Now Playing" that's about two years into their on-and-off Stephen King retrospective series, where they're covering all of the films/series in the order that the source material was published or filmed, if it originated as a film. Anyway, they covered "Trucks" when they did "Maximum Overdrive", and it turns out that it originally aired on USA as a TV movie/potential pilot for a TV series, and if there were any particularly gory shots or anything, they were added to the home video cut. I can't remember if this came before or after their "Children of the Corn" series, but they reviewed like all 9 of those in a row, and it damn near broke them.

That makes sense then because I did see it on VHS and there were some fairly gory scenes.

And yes this happens:

The opening text is fucking ridiculous. Here it is:

"On June 19th, 1987, at 9:47A.M.EST, the Earth passed into the extraordinarily diffuse tail of Rhea-M, a rogue comet. According to astronomical calculations, the planet would remain in the tail of the comet for the next eight days, five hours, twenty-nine minutes, and twenty-three seconds."

Can anyone please provide me with other examples of opening text that just boggles your mind?

"On June 19th, 1987, at 9:47A.M.EST, the Earth passed into the extraordinarily diffuse tail of Rhea-M, a rogue comet. According to astronomical calculations, the planet would remain in the tail of the comet for the next eight days, five hours, twenty-nine minutes, and twenty-three seconds."

Can anyone please provide me with other examples of opening text that just boggles your mind?

Poochie died on the way back to his home planet and was never mentioned again...

• Like 2

itsatrap.gif

I'm just going to drop this the night before the next episode in the hopes it doesn't get picked up.

I've actually never seen Episodes IV, V or VI. Through cultural osmosis, Google and two former roommates, I know what happens but have such terrible pre-80's vision on a lot of media that I've never sat down to watch it.

• Like 2

I've actually never seen Episodes IV, V or VI. Through cultural osmosis, Google and two former roommates, I know what happens but have such terrible pre-80's vision on a lot of media that I've never sat down to watch it.

UGH!!! Don't even bother! Star Wars is just a shitty Krull ripoff.

Krull.jpg

Besides, if I'm reading your post right, it sounds like you have watched Episodes I, II, and III--those are the only ones that matter anyway.

• Like 8

The Theodore Rex opening crawl was pretty classic

• Like 1

He was probably being specific about women directors *and* making the wider point. The women directors bit because Lexi Alexander is the (female) director of Punisher: War Zone and the only woman I think who's directed a Marvel movie; and the wider bit because yes it's what a lot of people say to try and pretend there's no discrimination or imbalance towards a given group.

By the way, Lexi Alexander is AWESOME and should get to direct more stuff.

***LEXI ALEXANDER SIGHTING***

She directed last night's episode of "Arrow"! I saw her name pop up onscreen and instantly went to her IMDB page to see what she's been up to, and it doesn't look like there's been anything else lately. Hopefully, we'll see more of her soon, as "Arrow" is a pretty good fit for someone with action chops, and most of DC's superhero TV stuff is really entertaining.

Did he scare the Hell out of you?

93504cc4e838a328039671787bd4567c.gif

WHERE ARE YOU LOOKING, KING!?

Also, "Hey, you wanna come upstairs and see a dead dolphin" is indeed a good opening line. I get laid using that one all the time