🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 119 - Maximum Overdrive: LIVE!

Q7oy2jA.gif

That made me think of the phrase, "Come on me, bro."

• Like 2

I have a theory about maximum overdrive. I don't know if this is too late for corrections and omissions but here it is:

There is a scientology influence on this movie. In fact the whole "machines come alive" premise is wrong. instead this movie is about how the ghosts of aliens (which is scientology's bonkers idea, aka thetans) are empowered by the tail of the comet to interact with the physical world.

Instead of alive machines what we have are ghost aliens using physical objects to try and kill mankind, this explains how an electric knife can move without any form of locomotion, and also how sprinklers and watermelons can be in on the murder. really this explanation kind of covers all the anomalous examples. It also explains how sprinklers know when you are looking at them, because the ghost alien can see you. Also how a jeep knows Morse code, if the ghost aliens have always been around, they had plenty of time to learn it.

Last weekend, I was in a cab on the way to the bar when Who Made Who started playing and then, I shit you not, we were stuck behind a bachelorette party having a hayride pulled by two Clydesdales in the middle of downtown.

My only reaction was "Well, if this was Maximum Overdrive, they've got the transportation part of it made..." then burst into laughter.

• Like 4

It's crazy how bloodshot Emilio's eyes are in the majority of this movie.

1xJPqrZ.jpg

musta been hangin w this guy too much

ug5fC3N.jpg

• Like 2

Bit late and don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but did anyone notice that the kid being killed by the arcade machine was Giancarlo Esposito aka Gus Fring?

I think Stephen King listens to the podcast because I just started reading his newest collection of short stories, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, which features some stories he had published elsewhere, though that's common in short story collections. Yet the evidence I got that he listens, at least to this episode, is from his author's note at the beginning of the book which reads exactly as this:

"Some of these stories have been previously published, but that doesn't mean they were done then, or even that they're done now. Until a writer either retires or dies, the work is not finished; it can always use a polish and a few more revisions."

Holy. Shit.

• Like 1