🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 26 - Garden of Eden

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone around the world back to SPONTANEANATION! This week, Paul’s special guest is Tymberlee Hill from The Hotwives of Las Vegas! They chat about talking to cat therapists, being afraid of sex, and Tymberlee’s friend, the (perhaps) psychic. Paul is then joined by Janet Varney, Victor Yerrid, and Colleen Smith to improvise a story set in The Garden of Eden. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Don’t forget! The next LIVE SPONTANEANATION is happening Saturday, October 3rd with Paul’s pals Drew Massey, Colleen Smith, and Victor Yerrid from No, You Shut Up! and very special guest Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles. There will be special moments that you can only experience LIVE so get your tickets now over at www.paulftompkins.com/live!

PFT's NOTES:

- For our group photo, we barged into the Comedy Bang Bang studio, and took our picture as Scott Aukerman, Andy Daly and Jason Mantzoukas were recording an episode.

- Be on the listen-out for a callback to Episode 4: “Savannah, Georgia!”

- - This episode marks the live debut of the physical sound board created by Engineer Ryan!

- Rachael Porter, who took our portraits with that crazy light stick, was wearing a sheer shift dress with what looked like a bathing suit underneath. She told us it was, in fact, a body suit! I thought she had a cool day planned where she would end up in an ocean or a pool! But I was DEAD WRONG!

I really, really wanted to ask for a specific pairing in that 'Ask PFT' thread, but held my tongue because I thought it might be rude. Well, it appears that my humble dream of a Janet Varney / Colleen Smith episode has come true.

This raises a whole other question, is Paul a mind reader? Jury's out.

• Like 1

This raises a whole other question, is Paul a mind reader?

Well, he was struck by lightning once, so…

• Like 4

I don't know why I love these intimate chats with the guests so much. The sex chat made me recall my awkward youth and the fact that having children scares the shit out of me from that very video she mentions!

• Like 3

I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did at the Colombo section. Hearing PFT lose the thread, then regain it, then everyone just run wild was wonderful.

• Like 1

I laugh harder at Paul F. Tompkins' cough, Eban Schletter's piano tickling, and Janet Varney's background laughter than pretty much anything else all week. God, I love Spontaneanation. It is, clearly, "onlllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the best."

Also, it's safe to say that PFT's beachwear is at least twice as classy as what I wear every day, even when I am in a shirt and tie.

• Like 1

I loved Eban playing "For he's a jolly good fellow," while discussing Colleen's dog's birthday. He can't play Happy Birthday, because, you know, miserly crones.

I instantly recognized the callback to Melanie Lynskey wanting to eat with the teacher because her friends would only talk to her out of school. Great stuff!

• Like 8

I feel a genuine sense of...pride?...affection?...that PFT shares my fear of the ocean. Like him, I enjoy the beach, but getting into that water...there's a whole lot of "I don't want to know what's going on down there, do I?" going on.

Of all the teachers I had in High School, I can maybe remember five of them by name (let's not even get into the actual content of their classes), but I still quote some of the facts Ms. Loehr, my 10th grade Marine Biology teacher, taught me about the horrors lurking in the deep. They're out there people--just waiting to get us!

• Like 1

Delightful as always.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I think there actually is a phenomenon of people getting struck by lightning multiple times. I don't know if getting struck makes you more likely to be struck again or if some people just have a higher probability to begin with, but if you get struck once, you have a much greater chance of getting struck again than the average person.

I very much wanted Tymberlee Hill to visit the shores of SPONTANEANATION after hearing her on The Dead Authors Podcast, and this interview was everything I hoped for. Thanks, Paul!

• Like 5

PFT and JV as Proto-Doc and Proto-Marty is literally all I ever wanted in life.

(Although Victor stealing the Eban plug was a close second.)

• Like 2

I very much wanted Tymberlee Hill to visit the shores of SPONTANEANATION after hearing her on The Dead Authors Podcast, and this interview was everything I hoped for. Thanks, Paul!

Tymberlee's Dead Authors appearance is one of the best eps of that show. Insta-classic. She killed it.

I can't wait until Sharkiversary becomes a SyFy movie

I loved Eban playing "For he's a jolly good fellow" while discussing Colleen's dog's birthday. He can't play Happy Birthday, because, you know, miserly crones.

My comment from one day ago is now hopelessly outdated. I apologize to all of you.

• Like 5

My comment from one day ago is now hopelessly outdated. I apologize to all of you.

You are forgiven, if for no other reason than your comment reminded me of Eban playing the Terminator theme when the discussion of time travel began.

Sign in to follow this