🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 145 — Moon Festival

New special guest friend/Metalocalypse creator Brendon Small joins the gang this week on Nerd Poker! In an alternate scenario, Nausica has sacrificed herself and has transported Dag, Houg, and Winter to a rural town in which the Moon Festival has begun complete with a magic show where they meet a new character by the name of Elzid Falcon-Crow.

• Like 1

I enjoy Elzid Falcon-Crow sounds like "Home Movies" Brendon doing a fantasy film.

"I spent a lot of time in theatre school before I became a, you know, fighter thief. I stole a lot of things, and I got into fights...I'm a fighter thief."

• Like 2

This... was good. Really enjoyed Brendon Small's character (as well as everyone elses). Not sure if I fully trust Ding-ding but am really enjoying this "one shot" (even though it will be split into mulitple episodes. Glad to see that Dan went the route of nuking Nausica instead of doing the dreaded DMPC instead of a NPC.

• Like 3

Dan just casually dropped the funnest episode of Nerd Poker ever like a fucking boss. Great job, Dan, you sound like a born DM.

• Like 5

I'm a HUGE fan of this. It's very refreshing to have NPC's that actually have conversations instead of muttering and immediately attacking.

• Like 3

Goddammit guys, this isn't Nerd Poker!!! What is this Drow witchcraft??? There's actual NPC dialogue, conversations and stuff. A town where not everything wants to murder them.

This just goes to prove my point that I tried making months back, Dan needs to be DMing and we can get Blackie Green back in the Adventurer's seat! Perhaps from now on we can just be stuck in this alternate dimension and not have to go back to the other storyline, EVER. I mean, if we don't ever get to revisit Glennishmoore (I say that still holding hope in my heart that perhaps some day that might be a possibility), then I could really care less if we return to primary color land and the weary gripes of even the players pointing out how everything is hostile and their wandering is beyond aimless. Funny thing is, I know that Blaine is fully competent to pull something like this off too, but for some reason isn't bothering.

I read the positive comments on this episode before listening and I actually turned it on expecting to be somehow letdown by the reviews because It's been such a tedious listen for the last few months. Much to my chagrin, People weren't wrong in singing such praises.

THIS is how it should go from now on. I am positive that with more interaction, storyline and fun, you'll regain a lot of lost listeners and start producing a better experience for everyone involved. Good on ya, Dan! I knew you had it in you. Now, one other change I might suggest, find a replacement for Steve. Someone who can dedicate the time for a full time, not-so-interrupted character. I still want Steve to be a part of it, so I would propose that he play a part not unlike Stargoyle, Dirty Randy, The Great Gazoo, or Uncle Arthur. That way with his revolving door schedule, he can still come in and zing a few amazing lines but without disrupting the overall flow of the show. Either way, the special guests are always fun and in their own way freshen things up a bit in this musty basement that is Nerd Poker. Any chance of getting more ladies in to play? I miss Sara's way voice of reason and compassion that really came in handy occasionally.

Enough of my ecstatic blathering except to say "MORE MORE MORE OF THIS PLEASE!!!"

• Like 3

Dan is totally doing all he can to keep this podcast interesting, good on him!

Having Brendon Small even for a few episodes will inject some life, but Brian has to at least pretend he wants to be there!

• Like 2

Looking forward to the next episode. It gave me some ideas for my campaign which is unexpectedly splitting into two parties. <_<

... If Dan reads this... Have you DM'd before? Story seemed to flow like microbrew out of Brian's puckerhole after a night of heavy drinking.

• Like 2

Having Brendon Small even for a few episodes will inject some life, but Brian has to at least pretend he wants to be there!

But..... That's what he sounds like all the time... Arby's everyday will do that to a person. I can't speak for the guy, but you'd think he'd wrap up the 'cast if he didn't want to do it anymore.

• Like 1

But..... That's what he sounds like all the time... Arby's everyday will do that to a person. I can't speak for the guy, but you'd think he'd wrap up the 'cast if he didn't want to do it anymore.

I think he's just bored with the lack of direction and zero inspiration. It's been a barren Crayola wasteland of Arby's aftermath for players and listeners alike. If given something to react to that he enjoys, he does perk up.

This was fucking great!! I love the usual episodes but I think Dan really went above and beyond with this he was perfect. I also lurve anything with Brendon so that's a A+ already thanks for the quality ep!!

• Like 3

This episode was so great!

I've been listening for years, since nudity and polar bears featured prominently in the show.

Dan did an awesome job DMing and Brendan Smalls was great!

I just created this Earwolf account because I really wanted to comment on this episode and say I would love to see Dan DMing more, and to see new regulars added. I love Thomas Middleditch and Brendan Smalls, and having committed regulars that are funny and really get into the roleplaying would be so enjoyable.

Anyway, great show fellas!

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this