🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 120 - Masters of the Universe

I'd be keen to move to Canada but I'd like to preserve some of my lifestyle here in England so I don't get too homesick. Is there a Canadian city with a substandard transport system and sporting teams that keep letting you down?

Yep, it's called Edmonton. :D Your going to love it here. They keep getting into a ridiculous fight over the welcome to Edmonon sign that says City of Champions and wanting to spend an insane amount of money to change it.

• Like 3

speaking of Donald Trump this was in my mall box the other day.

1zoyyc5.jpg

That is one short-fingered vulgarian you got there.

Yep, it's called Edmonton. :D/>/> Your going to love it here. They keep getting into a ridiculous fight over the welcome to Edmonon sign that says City of Champions and wanting to spend an insane amount of money to change it.

OK then! How aboot those Oilers, eh?

OK then! How aboot those Oilers, eh?

they are getting a posh new down town hockey arena in skidrow area with no real parking, Just what we all needed here.

Mind you northlands was scary part of town but it's got parking and LRT service.

• Like 1

That is one short-fingered vulgarian you got there.

I love how if you type into google trump and hit images that is the first picture you will see.

Just so you guys know if you ever come to canada or alberta, and hear the expression the great one this is who they are talking about.

339loab.jpg

• Like 3

Just so you guys know if you ever come to canada or alberta, and hear the expression the great one this is how they are talking about.

339loab.jpg

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 3

Boy I'll tell ya, southpark really did get the karft dinner thing right. we really do eat a lot of that shit.

• Like 3

I'd move to Canada today if it meant the complete runs of SCTV and Kids in the Hall on demand.

Netflix US had the whole run of KITH for several years. It just got taken off sometime last year.

Netflix US had the whole run of KITH for several years. It just got taken off sometime last year.

Yeah, I binged on it back then, but I really want to mainline some SCTV.

So among its many other problems, it does seem like the movie was a victim of bad timing/waiting a bit too long to cash in by the time it was finally released. I was born in 1983, but I was never really "into" He-Man at all (I actually watched more She-Ra than He-Man, as a result of it being on immediately before re-runs of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids on USA IIRC) despite that. So if 1986-1987 is the point where you think I'd first be really aware of toy trends, I was apparently a bit too late for He-Man, and I imagine it was, if not dead, on its way out by the time of the movie.

I had to know more about Living in a Box only to discover that not only was the song called Living in a Box, the band AND the album were also called...Living in a Box. What a triple threat of terrible-ness!

I'd move to Canada today if it meant the complete runs of SCTV and Kids in the Hall on demand.

Im surprised there isnt a designated hour all Canadians MUST Stop what they are doing to observe their greatest export.

Someone cut a Masters trailer in the style of the force awakens. Somehow it looks like a half decent movie. Fucking magical.

• Like 1

The return of He-Man and MotU...

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a47703/masters-of-the-universe-going-to-be-better-than-game-of-thrones/

'Could Masters Of the Universe be the next expanded-world franchise with spin-off solo movies for Man at Arms and Teela? Certainly he reckons Skeletor is up there with the all-time great baddies.

"To me: Vader, Gruber, Skeletor," he added. "That's how powerful the antagonist is to me. Maybe I'm just a weirdo. No, but, for real. I think that's how important Skeletor is to the world."'