🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 146 — Moon Festival Pt. 2

Houg, Winter, Dag, and their new friend Elzid (Brendon Small) were at a Moon Festival and convinced by a strange fairy by the name of Ding Ding to go into the Fairy Woods. They then encountered a couple of guard dogs that are growing in size and growling at their fairy guide. How will our heroes proceed? Tune in to find out!

• Like 1

These episodes with Dan at the helm have been wonderful. Penislegs sounds like a Thom Yorke / Les Claypool collaboration.

• Like 3

I thought Dan did a great job and Brendon Small was awesome. I would love to see more celebrity guests. Keep Elzid? as a generic character and have each new person playing him add one new aspect or quirk to the character and force the new guests to role play those aspects. The next person who plays Elzid has to mention fairy blow jobs.

It's been a long time since I could say this, but, I've been smiling ear to ear for the last 2 hours thanks to Nerd Poker! I'm not much of a forum person but I felt like I needed to register and add my voice to the chorus of high praise for 'Moon Festival'.

I was totally addicted to the show since the beginning but, unfortunately, I just wasn't enjoying it at all with Blaine at the helm so, sadly, I drifted away. But I still check in from time to time hoping for a little of that magic the show had for me every week with Sara, Jerry and Sark. When I saw such amazing feedback for this pair of episodes, I gave it a shot and I'm SO glad I did. Dan did such a great job DM'ing and Brendon was a hilarious breath of fresh air.

I know this probably won't last, but please, please, please keep Dan in the DM chair :)

• Like 5

I know this probably won't last, but please, please, please keep Dan in the DM chair :)/>

+1

I do miss Blaine playing a character tho.

• Like 6

These episodes are amazing and fun. Please bring Blaine back as a character, I miss him but never ever ever ever ever want to even think about the Giants again!

• Like 2

I have seen nothing but glowing praise for the last two episodes of Nerd Poker in every corner of this forum, reddit, twitter, facebook, etc etc.

Please allow Dan to DM an original campaign of his own, if he so wishes. Words can't fully convey how refreshing it was to listen to something resembling a plot, a bad guy, a goal, and excited players having actual, unabashed fun. If the cast hasn't gone back and listened to the Dan eps themselves I really think they should.

• Like 4

Please allow Dan to DM an original campaign of his own,

I wouldn't mind listening to the guys go through a deadly "save or die" Gygaxian dungeon.

Tomb of Horrors comes to mind...

• Like 1

Oh my fuck I loved these episodes Dan is really perfect for this. I enjoy the puns way too much this podcast is so stellar great work!!

• Like 1

Some input for this debate:-

Sark's Campaign - 'The Planet of Skulls' - 73 episodes

Blaine's Campaign - 'Against the Muther-Fecking Giants' - 71 episodes

So we're about due a campaign change?.... :)

• Like 1

Yes, I want to see Blaine back in as a character. Dan NEEDS to remain at the helm DMing. With all these glowing reviews and enthusiasm, I would hate to see this rejuvenated interest deflate. I think you've really stepped in it now if you try going back to that droning Giant storyline, there's going to be bloody revolt.

And just because I don't think I've mentioned, Ken is steadily becoming one of my favorite funny men on the show. He's pretty quiet, but some of the things he sneaks in gives me the biggest laughs.

• Like 3

And just because I don't think I've mentioned, Ken is steadily becoming one of my favorite funny men on the show. He's pretty quiet, but some of the things he sneaks in gives me the biggest laughs.

I totally agree. Ken is criminally under-appreciated. He has always made me smile :) Luv ya Ken!

• Like 4

No doubt Ken is awesome. He really is the perfect guest for Matt Gourley's I Was There Too. I mean, he was in the classic "Keyser Soze! Keyser Soze!" scene. C'mon Gourley, slam dunk.

• Like 3

I'm not sure how far ahead they record for these, but I'm guessing there were at least a couple of Giant episodes recorded and slated for release prior to the guys reading our forum comments and making huge show-changing decisions based on them, because that's totally how decisions are made.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how far ahead they record for these, but I'm guessing there were at least a couple of Giant episodes recorded and slated for release prior to the guys reading our forum comments and making huge show-changing decisions based on them, because that's totally how decisions are made.

I believe they record these every two weeks, meaning tomorrow's (10/14/15) episode would have been recorded yesterday (Monday, 10/12). And if you haven't noticed by now, all of this is sorta "seat of their pants" type stuff. And I love your uninformed reply, because that's totally how snarky douche-filled internet comments are made.

This adventure was 10/10 righteous dope. A high charisma flying dude wouldn't have hurt though...

• Like 1

Hey gang, it's engineer Sam. I've been at the helm since Sark. Usually, due to everyone's time constraints (touring, etc) we do 2 at a time, and sometimes 3 if we feel like powering through.

I just wanted to say thanks for being so vocal on the forums for what you like, Dan has heard your kind words, and I know they do plan on having on more guests to keep things interesting.

Now lets get Vin Diesel in here!

• Like 1

Listener since the start of this baby, made an account to say keep Dan at the helm. Have Blaine make a character. Loved the last couple episodes.

Yet another long term listener who registered just to reaffirm that Dan was a kick ass DM, and between him and Brendon "Septopus!" Smalls, you made a grown man bust out cackling like a demented Drow on public transit. I was having a shitty couple of weeks (like people I care about dying kind of shitty week) and it was EXACTLY the kind of dark but silly sort of crazy I needed for my ride home. Thanks :)

I want to recognize all the good shit Blaine has done as well (who else can describe a Giant's dissected penis in such great gory Glory?). He stepped up when other podcasts may have shut down. Thanks Blaine!

But Dan hit a home run here and it would suck for it to just be a one off random occurrence.

No matter what happens I want to thank all who participate for bringing some (sick and twisted) joy into our lives. Please keep it going. Please find a way to let Dan help steer the narrative, or straight up DM.

Thx!

• Like 3

Since Sam mentioned they're going to try to have more guests, I'd like to suggest Lauren Lapkus (if she'd be willing). It would be nice to have a female player again, and she is also capable of out-grossing all of the dudes on the show.

• Like 2

Since Sam mentioned they're going to try to have more guests, I'd like to suggest Lauren Lapkus (if she'd be willing). It would be nice to have a female player again, and she is also capable of out-grossing all of the dudes on the show.

Couldn't agree more here. I really miss the female energy on the show and Lauren would be a fantastic addition, even just for a few episodes :)

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've been in here. This week's episode was actually recorded Tuesday night. We record two episodes every other week, but we've gotten a bit behind so we're playing ketchup. I've been gone a lot over the past 4 or 5 months because of a death in the family (InterstitialAbs, I feel your pain, and I'm sorry for your loss), so hopefully now I can get back to not knowing how to play D&D and hanging out with my friends more often.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that, Steve. Glad to have you back and take care of yourself.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this