🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 253.5 — 10/09/15 TWO CHARTED 192

Howard, Kulap, and Stard discuss why glasses are good for knowing when to stop talking and seeing people. Then, the gang explains why Blake Shelton couldn't stay away from the forbidden fruit and why David Lee Roth makes more sense as an old guy. Lastly, there's quite possibly the biggest Two Charted exclusive announcement ever.

I hope the New Charted is a bit like Never Not Funny, with the split between the Gang section and the Guest section.

I also hope they are as long as NNF!

• Like 2

smart move to ditch Twooch and make it just one show. Kulap seems hurried in most Whooch's anymore, pushing the conversation and not letting it blossom into comedy like it used to. I'd rather have one longer, quality show (like Whooch was at its inception), than two shows with lesser quality of each.

Kudos team

• Like 2

See what happens when I shut down pepperjackhymen.com? Scripps all but kills off the podcast!

I blame myself.

But seriously, big ups to Scotty's ex-girlfriend. Who Charted/Two Charted is a piece to a bigger career pie. I'd like to think that the powers-that-be see that Kulap has a large group of followers, supporters, friends and backers, and that is helping leverage this new career prospect for her.

Who Charted/Two Charted has changed over time, there might be some hiccups in the new format, but the crew knows how to tweak things, so I'm confident that the change will sort itself out to our satisfaction.

Congratulations Kulap!

I think the new format will be a good change. I've felt like the conceit of the show with the music/movie charts has been stale for a while now. That might be heresy, so sorry, but I definitely think this will be better.

Little sad for no more Two Charted, very excited about the prospect of more Hey Gangs

Part of me would rather have Twooch over Whooch, I love when the trifecta is in full force.

Little sad for no more Two Charted, very excited about the prospect of more Hey Gangs

Part of me would rather have Twooch over Whooch, I love when the trifecta is in full force.

Based on the description, the new version sounds more like Twooch Plus than Whooch, even though they described it as Twooch ending. If they can do one 80-90 minute show per week and they're both there every week, that will be an improvement over what the shows have been recently. Between that and everyone having other big things on their plates, I can definitely see it as a good thing.

Oh, also, this episode was fantastic. Particular props to Stard for "Dos Binocs" and "Vivid?".

• Like 6

I'm open to the change, I think it'll be fine. I don't think these guys can make a bad show. Personal highlight of the episode for me was Ku's reaction to tee-to-tal-er. That was amazing.

• Like 1

After months of them being audibly dismayed at discussing the stagnant Billboard/box office charts, yet refusing to switch it up with some JPOP/All-Time Top 5/classic weirdness, I welcome the change.

Based on the description, the new version sounds more like Twooch Plus than Whooch, even though they described it as Twooch ending.

Agreed. It sounds like the new show will have a chart for Howard, Ku, and the guest. I hope these hew closer to "5 pieces of media I recently enjoyed" than "The Week That Was", because the latter means the guest is missing for 2/3 of the show OR the guest is invited on to discuss the hosts' personal lives. Either of those would be kinda weird.

After months of them being audibly dismayed at discussing the stagnant Billboard/box office charts, yet refusing to switch it up with some JPOP/All-Time Top 5/classic weirdness, I welcome the change.

Aye! I never understood why they do not try some obscure top charts/lists.. just to change it up. There is such an obscene amount of music out there, no need to hear the same 5 songs for 3 months!

I think having one mega show could be great all things considered. Things have been a bit disjointed lately, I totally get having one solid show a week rather than two shows at less than full speed.

I hope the New Charted is a bit like Never Not Funny, with the split between the Gang section and the Guest section.

I also hope they are as long as NNF!

That is the only way I'll be 'fine' with this change. If the show we get is around the same length, it wouldn't really be worth it for a guest to come in to talk about 5 things about them for 15-20 minutes, so I would have rather they just extended WhoCh a little to discuss their own stuff and the guest can hang out if they want. I don't want them to not get as many good guests because the guest portion is diminished, but I will try to stop thinking about it and wait until I'm listening to it to be a pedantic child who needs to get his way...

I'm the NOT firefighter who sent the gang Teespring t-shirts. While the rest of you Chartists are heartbroken over the new format, #FreighterNavigator is thanks to Howie and Mophie F-Botching my attempt at gaining some attention for a charitable campaign raising money for microloans.

Help a fellow Chartist make the world a slightly better place, one midlife crisis at a time:

Whooch breaking my heart!? | jRambleRamble

https://jrambleramble.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/whooch-breaking-my-heart//

Sign in to follow this