🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 209 — Frank Turner and the Popular Poets

English singer-songwriter Frank Turner joins Jon Gabrus, Mookie Blaiklock, Charlie Sanders, and Ben Rodgers for a stacked musical edition of improv4humans with Matt Besser! Frank Turner performs songs from his latest album "Positive Songs for Negative People" live in-studio that will inspire scenes about a personal poem about a relationship going mainstream, being cursed by an ex after a break-up, and artists meeting face to face with a terrible anonymous negative reviewer. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and pick up Frank Turner's "Positive Songs For Negative People" ft. “Get Better”, “The Next Storm” and “Josephine” at http://fthc.cc/PSFNPdeluxe!

These are all my favorite humons! Charlie Sanders always ends up having to do some sort of spoken-word singing, and it is great every time.

• Like 3

Just started this one. I'm always impressed by how great the musicians sound in the Earwolf studios. Gotta give it up for Stard and the crew.

• Like 4

The sound was fantastic as always, but I was really impressed with how well the "sing-along" was mixed -- you've got a solid engineer there!

Is this the first we've heard of this new show? A Google search for "Besser vs audience" or "Besser versus audience" isn't giving me any info on this. What is it?

Great episode throughout, but the Muppets bit at the end really put it over the top.

I.. just.. wow.

Welp, if earwolf needs a best of episode, here ya go! No editing needed!

• Like 1

That was amazing.

Once again the show version of the song sounds better than the album version

• Like 2

white male white male white male white male please diversify the guest list please

Women and people of color are always on the show. Often they compose the entire lineup. It just happened this is who could schedule. No white cis conspiracy here.

• Like 2

white male white male white male white male please diversify the guest list please

hot take over here

• Like 6

If you care so much, take UCB classes and join in muthafucka. Or don't listen ya racist.

Post #2 and you're making demands for less white people?

I can't believe such a thing occurs to someone during such a good episode. Did you even listen or were you just mad about all the whiteys right off the bat?

• Like 2

best podcast of the week according to my calculations

• Like 3

This is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- “Love Forty Down” – Mookie’s horrible 31st birthday (3:15)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – Not settling down – Father uses fingertips of dishwashing gloves as condoms (15:10)

- “The Opening Act of Spring” – Poet reaches success by insulting her boyfriend in poems (25:36)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – Besser’s ex-girlfriend gives “curse” during final meal together – Family gets cursed by only cumming air (38:54)

- “The Next Storm” – Friends inaccurately reminisce on “The Wizard of Oz” (49:20)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – Frank’s music causes religious protests – Band tries to make controversial music to stir up protest (58:23)

- “Get Better” – Obnoxious kid finally meets the artists he criticizes online (1:04:03)

- Let’s Talk Some More About That Song – The black marker – Jon confronts with racism in the workplace (1:15:51)

- “Still Believe” – The Muppets drop by for an Improv4Humans scene (1:22:33)

• Like 1

Once again the show version of the song sounds better than the album version

yeah after drag the river was on I was bummed to find the album versions of the songs weren't nearly as good as the I4H live versions

Sign in to follow this