🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 210 — Entering From the Rear

Wayne Federman, Betsy Sodaro, Brian Huskey, and Ben Siemon join Matt Besser for a sobering moment in sports science wherein they teach adults how to play professional football, in an attempt to avoid childhood death. Then, the gang explores the risks that our kids are exposed to each time they visit Google, an amusement park ride that's made entirely of our phone's apps, and the hardship of doing an opening act for a comedian that won't let you use any jokes. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

already lol'd just from first looking at the cast and then reading the title.

• Like 2

already lol'd just from first looking at the cast and then reading the title.

lol, 'the' ;)

The episode Siemon was referencing where Besser mentions the "Entering From The Rear" song is one of my all-time favorites, so I've listened to it a bunch. I was thrilled to hear Besser call back to it. And I was shocked to hear that it's not only a real song, but Besser's recollection of the melody was spot on. It sounded so ridiculous that I genuinely thought he was making it up or over-exaggerating.

• Like 1

Only halfway through, but I am loving everything about this episode. So happy to finally be seeing Betsy Sodaro regularly again. I feel like she was gone for much too long.

Also, in case anyone was interested, I'm pretty sure this was the article Huskey(?) mentioned:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/18/opinion/sunday/longing-for-the-innocence-of-playboy.html?_r=0

If I ever bump into him, I've got my conversation starter!

• Like 3

I remember a period of my life, as I'm sure Matt does, where literally all I listened to was punk music and I could never seem to get into bands like the Jam and the Buzzcocks because their songs seemed a little bit antiseptic compared to everything else I was listening to... it wasn't until my early 20's that I gave them another chance and developed a real appreciation for their music.

I completely agree with Huskey... even though the Buzzcocks always get lumped in with the other UK punk bands of that era, Pete Shelley is a pop songwriter through and through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZ-Eo3kGTU

• Like 2

Hey you ever hear of crossballs?

Holy shit the meatloaf/world book part.. what did we do to deserve this majesty?? I could not control my laugh..

• Like 1

Remember that part where Besser had good taste in music for a sec?? Was he doing a character?? All this time I thought Besser's ipod sounded like the inside of a Toyota Sienna.

• Like 1

Holy shit the bit with Eric KILLED ME.

On that note, Huskey busting out the Besser impression KILLED me. Betsy's Louie Anderson was a close second. Great ep all around.

• Like 4

Remember that part where Besser had good taste in music for a sec?? Was he doing a character?? All this time I thought Besser's ipod sounded like the inside of a Toyota Sienna.

Besser likes Mumford & Sons.

Case Closed.

• Like 1

Besser likes Mumford & Sons.

Case Closed.

Good band

• Like 1

Good band

i only liked this post because of how willfully contrarian it is. other than that what JacobC said.

• Like 3

On that note, Huskey busting out the Besser impression KILLED me. Betsy's Louie Anderson was a close second. Great ep all around.

Came here to post this exact thing. Huskey making the decision to play besser in the scene before the others could speak really got to me.

Huskey and Sedaro never fail to deliver on this show.

• Like 1

I like bad bands and I can not lie

You other forumers can't deny

Punk wasn't shit until hardcore came on the scene

I am also 26

"Alright I did murder Lou Reed, with my violin!"

"I KNEW IT! That class is really paying off!"

"Alright, next question..."

lmfao! :lol::D:lol:

---

That exchange between the goofy voiced "Matt Besser Interview Class" Student and Laurie Anderson was AMAZING. The whole skit; the whole damn thing - one of my favorite things ever :D

Definitely gonna be voting this ep for Best of the Year!

• Like 4

Disappointed the guy backed off the point that just because they're adults doesn't mean they're not heavily-influenced by the money to keep playing football despite knowing the (seemingly-abstract) risks.

• Like 1

Disappointed the guy backed off the point that just because they're adults doesn't mean they're not heavily-influenced by the money to keep playing football despite knowing the (seemingly-abstract) risks.

Almost every part of life requires that decision. It's a slippery slope and was rightfully tossed out.

• Like 1