🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 121.5 - Minisode 121.5

Just in time for Halloween, the next HDTGM movie will be a gym horror classic. This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Perfect, explains whether Nic Cage would make Perfect better, and recommends two great things you need in your life during Paul's Pick of the Week. Plus, Paul shares his Star Wars: The Force Awakens theory as he answers your Qs!

People of the internet: The League is back on FXX 10pm on Wednesdays! A while ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA and now you’ll be able to see it. Go to https://itun.es/us/3M4J9 now to buy it! You can also see Jason in Sleeping With Other People in a theater near you!

The Hotwives (Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider, Andrea Savage, Dannah Phirman, Tymberlee Hill, Angela Kinsey, Erinn Hayes) are back and this time they are in Vegas baby! Watch The Hotwives of Las Vegas on Hulu today!

Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, Paul in Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, ScheeRL on YouTube here:

, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

So, I've seen Aerobicide and Gymkata and now I'm going to watch Death Spa. If anyone asks me why I'm in such bad shape I can point to my fear of exercise and gyms.

• Like 5

But would John Travolta as Castor Troy have made Perfect better?

• Like 4

Ummmmmm....X-Men are not Avengers, Paul.

(Except Wolverine, but he's on every team)

• Like 6

Oh cool, this is the first Amazon Prime movie they've done since I subscribed to Amazon Prime.

Xavier was also in New Avengers/Illuminati. I'd guess that Jean Gray was also in some form of the Avengers at some point given how long she and they have been around. So, I'm sure that's what Paul was thinking of and it was a total coincidence that he picked three of the most prominent X-Men.

• Like 2

Ummmmmm....X-Men are not Avengers, Paul.

(Except Wolverine, but he's on every team)

Oh cool, this is the first Amazon Prime movie they've done since I subscribed to Amazon Prime.

Xavier was also in New Avengers/Illuminati. I'd guess that Jean Gray was also in some form of the Avengers at some point given how long she and they have been around. So, I'm sure that's what Paul was thinking of and it was a total coincidence that he picked three of the most prominent X-Men.

I'm pretty sure he was just being a smart ass.

My picks:

Jason Mantzoukas = Quicksilver, for his quick wit and impatience for people who are slower than him.

June Diane Raphael = Scarlet Witch, for her ability to warp and twist reality.

Paul Scheer = Dr. Druid...just kidding. Actually, Paul is kind of tough. I'd like to say Captain America for his leadership abilities, but otherwise, I don't know if he really embodies Cap's goody two-shoes nature. Maybe Iron Fist--a peace keeper with streak of endearing naivete.

• Like 3

The "Second Opinions" music played for "Corrections and Ommissions" :(

Yeah, and I'm hoping they don't use it again. Not to start a whole "Why did they change the theme?!" discussion again, but I wasn't a big fan. Then again, it's better than anything I could come up with, I'm sure.

• Like 1

way to go Nate...

I was so excited to finally hear myself mentioned (as part of a group) in a mini ep. And then I was immediately shut down.

Dang Nate, what a way to start a Monday...

• Like 4

Yeah, and I'm hoping they don't use it again. Not to start a whole "Why did they change the theme?!" discussion again, but I wasn't a big fan. Then again, it's better than anything I could come up with, I'm sure.

On the flip side, I love the Nic Cage theme even if it isn't my favorite bit.

• Like 5

Is this one of the free titles included with Prime? I watched a terrible version of it last week (looked to be a transfer direct from VHS) and actually never finished it, so it'd be pretty stellar if Prime has a shinier version.

On the flip side, I love the Nic Cage theme even if it isn't my favorite bit.

Oh yeah! I should have mentioned that. I love that one, too!

• Like 2

My picks for HDTGM Avengers:

Jason Mantzoukas = Beast. Hirsute, very intelligent, fun loving attitude and acerbic wit.

June Diane Raphael = Squirrel Girl! For her love of animals and caring of the little things. Also secretly the most badass

Paul Scheer = Wonder Man. Talented actor, and best friends with Beast! I agree with fellow Cameron though. Want to say Cap because of the leadership but just doesn't seem right.

• Like 5

and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

Nope, he's been cut from the directors cut again.

jqjbjb.jpg

I had that dictator poster sitting on my hard drive I had to use it.

Did paul scheer say this weeks movie is about a guy named Jim who kills people? ;)

sad part is "Gotta Love the Gute" you improved that film poster.

• Like 8

OK we all know who nick cage would of played in perfect.

Package for Paul Scheer, speedy delivery!

2pzllaf.jpg

he was young he needed the money!

• Like 1

Jason Mantzoukas = Beast. Hirsute, very intelligent, fun loving attitude and acerbic wit.

June Diane Raphael = Squirrel Girl! For her love of animals and caring of the little things. Also secretly the most badass

Paul Scheer = Wonder Man. Talented actor, and best friends with Beast! I agree with fellow Cameron though. Want to say Cap because of the leadership but just doesn't seem right.

Paul could be Hawkeye, though. I'm not entirely saying that just because I really love Hawkeye, but he did lead the Avengers at one point and has a wicked great sense of humor!

• Like 3

Paul could be Hawkeye, though. I'm not entirely saying that just because I really love Hawkeye, but he did lead the Avengers at one point and has a wicked great sense of humor!

What about Paul as Spidey? I feel like Hawkeye has a very deadpan sense of humor (which I also love), but Spidey is a bit sillier, and Paul's humor is definitely on the silly side.

• Like 3

Jason - Emma Peel

June - John Steed

Paul - Sean Connery (not the character he played, just the actor)

I couldn't resist

• Like 4

Jason - Emma Peel

June - John Steed

Paul - Sean Connery (not the character he played, just the actor)

I couldn't resist

jarrycanada or Gotta Love the Gute, we need one of you to make a poster for this.

• Like 2

Since I was having trouble coming up with an Avenger for Paul, if Paul's sole criteria is that he is bald, I suppose I could pencil him in as The Vision. It would also dovetail nicely with my June as The Scarlet Witch.

In fact, if we're just going with superficial attributes, I'd say:

Paul = The Vision

June = Black Widow

Jason = Hercules (based on beard grooming and ancestry)

hercthumbszd0.jpg

If we want to broaden the field a bit, I would argue that Paul F. Tompkins would make a more suitable Beast. I also would also say:

Scott Aukerman=Mr. Fantastic

Kumail Nanjiani=Spider-Man

Nick Kroll=Hawkeye

Matt Gourley=The Wasp

Who else?

(And then we have to do the DCU. God, is our work never done?!)

• Like 4

I have Prime and I had to still rent this for 2.99, but so worth it. Why is Ken Foree wearing a Steve Harvey blue with rainbow trim jacket and white short shorts? Also why does half the equipment in this gym look like it was made by the people who made the robots in Chopping Mall and can be controlled by the security staff in the surveillance room, which seems so unsafe it should be criminal?

Is this one of the free titles included with Prime?

I just checked, and as Ryan says above, no, it's not. So I don't know why Paul would say it's available on "Amazon Prime" when it's available on regular Amazon like almost every other movie.

Okay halfway into this movie and I realize that I'm going to have to buy the blu ray of this because it is amazeballs. Half of the equipment serves zero health purpose, the kill scenes are pretty gory and well done, and at one point a woman is given a map to meet in the basement and the map is clearly just a square with an X in it. Also there are numerous flashbacks to a woman in a wheelchair setting herself on fire and that woman's ex-husband, the main character, runs a gym to basically plow any woman who comes in there.