🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 256 — Knock Ups

This week the gang discusses the telepathic abilities of twins, the proper way to way to ride an escalator, and why The Martian is worth watching (provided that the sound is off). Additionally, Howard reveals what could be the most developed Halloween costume of all time. Later, Alex Berg joins the show to discuss his love of whales, how his need to bust ghosts dictated his college degree, and how he once became intimate with a tick.

I agree some kind of tweak is needed to up the guest time. Mixing in new types of charts is definitely a good idea though. Howard was killing it throughout the TV chart. How many Kremer Moments have been lost lo these many years due to unexplored charts?

• Like 2

O MY GOSH I was dying laughing at that sound Howard made at 53:19

Hahahaha I continue to play it over and over and keep laughing, mannnnn that was hilarious!!!

:D :D :D

Long time chartist, I have no problems with your new show format, You guys rule!

Loving the new theme songs!

:D :D :D

• Like 1

Yup

This i'snt working. I'm super bummed because Ive been listening to the show for over 4 years now...but this might be it for me

So after four years, two weeks of a still-being-tweaked format is enough to bail? Sure.

The addition of the TV chart is great since Howard gets to unload on some crud shows, but I do agree it's kind of a mess. I don't have a problem with too little time with the guest (OK, ask me again when someone I really like is on), it just feels jumbled trying to cramstuff together the pop culture charts and the Ku/Wie charts from Twooch AND a guest question. Seems like it would be smoother to just have everyone chat about their week without the constraints of the chart structure, then do the charts separately.

• Like 3

Yup

This i'snt working. I'm super bummed because Ive been listening to the show for over 4 years now...but this might be it for me

toobs

• Like 6

So after four years, two weeks of a still-being-tweaked format is enough to bail? Sure.

The addition of the TV chart is great since Howard gets to unload on some crud shows, but I do agree it's kind of a mess. I don't have a problem with too little time with the guest (OK, ask me again when someone I really like is on), it just feels jumbled trying to cramstuff together the pop culture charts and the Ku/Wie charts from Twooch AND a guest question. Seems like it would be smoother to just have everyone chat about their week without the constraints of the chart structure, then do the charts separately.

I think starting out trying it in reverse order would be better. Sometimes guests are busy and don't care that much about the show I'm sure, so they can do their chart and leave, or stick around and shoot the shit with Ku Howard and Stard. Similarly if they do that and the charts go long and Kuku is needed at Schlomo Studios or whatever this online streaming property is called, she can go off and maybe Howie and Stard spend another 10-30 minutes talking about music/food/snapping in Stard's face.

I like the guests most of the time even like in this case when I don't know them previously, and I like listening to these people just shoot the breeze and take conversation where it goes

• Like 1

Yeah, something along the lines of this would be good. I still enjoyed this weeks episode, but the cramstuffing of the host charts and the pop culture charts going simultaneously just seemed to leave kind of watered down versions of each.

I'm guessing the show has to be in three segments for the ads, so the first segment could be like you said, just Wie, Ku and Stard catching up on their week like the first segment of Never Not Funny. It could be just be free-form chat or something like taking turns as chart entries like with their questions in the current guest chart. And the listener audio-clip question could go in here instead of just at a random point during a TV or movie chart.

Then the second segment could introduce the guest and together they do a pop culture chart. If they rotated between music/movies/TV/etc each week they'd be more likely to have a whole new set of entries by the week they come back round to each chart. Plus it would give the guest a chance to ease into the conversation and vibe of the show before they go into the guest chart for the last segment like they currently have.

• Like 1

I really looked forward to hearing the guest's opinions on the music charts.

• Like 1

the balance needs tweaking to get more guest action without losing the Twooch fun, but it's still a great show.

I haven't listened to this one yet because I usually download them right before I leave work so I don't eat up my phone's data plan during the drive home. The download link takes you to SoundCloud, which doesn't offer a downloadable file. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but shit.

Is Earwolf hiring content developers? This thread is full of potential candidates!

• Like 2

I haven't listened to this one yet because I usually download them right before I leave work so I don't eat up my phone's data plan during the drive home. The download link takes you to SoundCloud, which doesn't offer a downloadable file. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but shit.

It worked fine for me yesterday, but I had the same thing with I4H today, so it must be something going on today rather than something specific to this episode.

It worked fine for me yesterday, but I had the same thing with I4H today, so it must be something going on today rather than something specific to this episode.

Our friendly neighborhood Earwolves are working on a fix.

• Like 2

Yup

Good to hear you come out to post when it's BUSINESS!

Sign in to follow this