🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 384 — Numbers Cannot Lie

I am moved to tears by the Star Spangled Banner. Fabulous job gentlemen. ALSO, wasn't Atherton's name Rodney in previous episodes?

Their rendition was startlingly touching.

• Like 1

PFT has a real set of pipes on him. I think one of my favorite vocal performances (other than the national anthem, of course) was him and Scott's acapella rendition of 'white rabbit' on one of the best-of eps a few years back. Chilling.

• Like 4

PFT likes the name June, and while I don't like rigid canonization necessarily, I am SO curious if PFT considers Mike's and Atherton's June to be the same June that left her first husband Russell Shein from the ADPPP Dalton Wilcox ep.

EDIT!!! Russell's wife's name is JOAN. I completely got that wrong.

• Like 7

I was starting to get worried in this episode. It took over 20mins for Jason to tell Scott how much he hates him.

• Like 7

I am very concerned that Atherton Witherflower may never be immortalized on the Closing of the Plug Bag theme. He was so damn close...

• Like 4

I'm getting very distracted hearing Jason talk about a June and not the real June.

• Like 4

I absolutely love Scott, Jason, and Paul's comedic chemistry. I want an episode where Jason genuinely hosts the show, and Paul and Scott come on as characters.

• Like 6

Eliens vs Predator. Brilliant.

Elian Gonzalez?

The dad in Frequency was Dennis Quaid, not Michael Keaton.

When it was brought up that numbers are "inhuman", I would have bet my life that either Scott or Jason would make a reference to Marvel's Inhumans, particularly given that they had discussed Marvel only minutes earlier.

• Like 2

The dad in Frequency was Dennis Quaid, not Michael Keaton.

• Like 1

I have no memory of that movie whatsoever!

(But still, he was definitely describing the premise and co-star of Frequency.)

• Like 2

I absolutely love Scott, Jason, and Paul's comedic chemistry. I want an episode where Jason genuinely hosts the show, and Paul and Scott come on as characters.

I like this idea but I really want to have Jason and Scott in character then have Andy Daly and Paul F hosting and have them constantly corner and take them down paths they hadn't planned. They've both earned the pleasure of making the lives of those two difficult, especially Andy.

• Like 7

Mantzoukas is a Yes fan! Now we're talking. But no Bruford vs White arguments, please.

despite my extreme fondness for Tales from Topographic Oceans and Relayer, I don't think there's a single Yes fan in the world that would, in good conscience, say that Alan White is a better drummer than Bill Bruford.... therefore, there is no argument.

Zouks specified '72 for a reason, and that reason is...

ly1btwu.jpg

• Like 1

I like this idea but I really want to have Jason and Scott in character then have Andy Daly and Paul F hosting and have them constantly corner and take them down paths they hadn't planned. They've both earned the pleasure of making the lives of those two difficult, especially Andy.

That would be an episode for the ages. If we can't have that, though, I would take a crossover linking Atherton and June with the Don DiMello/Golly 'verse from episodes 274 & 300 . It got really close in this one, and I can only imagine how incredible it would have been if Andy Daly had been in the studio.

I have no memory of that movie whatsoever!

(But still, he was definitely describing the premise and co-star of Frequency.)

I believe it was White Noise and they were talking about EVP, electronic voice phenomena

Edit: I was completely blind and didn't see the trailer or your response. Nevermind this post lol

• Like 1

Scott giving up on his idea/phrase a few words in (at the 28 minute mark) may be my favourite Hot Saucerman moment for a very long time. Love when he just gives up. You can FEEL the apathy.

Scott: "You can also like be...driving...*mumbles*....as a cop down the street...*mumbles*..."

Jason: "What's this now? You falling apart?"

PFT/Atherton: "You gave up on your own idea."

Jason: "You gave up on that. You put the board down and everything."

Scott: "Forget it. I don't care."

Jason: "Forget it? I DON'T CARE?"

Scott: "Forget it."

PFT/Atherton: "Oh...what an auspicious episode on which to make my debut. When the host says 'I don't care. Forget it.'"

And don't forget...you can't sneak in a car.

• Like 10

I could not resist singing the national anthem along with the show and even surprised myself when we decided to do the same thing with the classic "banner yet wave" bit. Loved it fellas.

• Like 1

Maybe we could have a with special guest where zouks hosts a show and has auckerman + pft + lauren as guests?

• Like 2

Am I the only one not on board with Scott's thesis that shopping for mattresses is awkward? Maybe it's just me but for me, mattress shopping is the most fun kind of shopping there is!

Also the episode was good.

• Like 1