🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 212 — Dan Deacon and the Mighty Mighty Bosses

Gabrus, Gemberling and Paul Rust are on the podium in terms of guests for me. I don't mind a bit of Betsy Sodaro either. What's your improv 4 humans dream team?

Add Tim Meadows and the one-two combo of Charlie Sanders and Colton Dunn to your list. Those are my faves.

• Like 3

that scene with the backing music was bonkers, when do we vote for the best of?

BRIAN BACON!

• Like 2

No homo

methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)

this ep is just a great big FUCK YEAH.

• Like 3

methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)/>

Stop using references I don't know

• Like 1

Add Tim Meadows and the one-two combo of Charlie Sanders and Colton Dunn to your list. Those are my faves.

Tim Meadows is in one of my favourite scenes ever done on the show, the one where he opens the door in his shower curtain. Charlie Sanders also good, and Colton played Brett on Parks And Rec. Good choices then I guess

• Like 6

Tim Meadows is in one of my favourite scenes ever done on the show, the one where he opens the door in his shower curtain. Charlie Sanders also good, and Colton played Brett on Parks And Rec. Good choices then I guess

I'm glad you approve.

• Like 1

Which episode was that? (the Meadows one)

Great ep. I love it when all of the improvisers are perceptive enough and comfortable enough with each other to dig deep on little slip-ups and miscommunications a la Scott/Zouks/PFT.

• Like 2

Gabrus, Gemberling and Paul Rust are on the podium in terms of guests for me. I don't mind a bit of Betsy Sodaro either. What's your improv 4 humans dream team?

Basically the cast of those two narrative eps plus gemberline, rust, wild horses, mookie, uhh too many to name

• Like 1

Nay!

Of the fiscal quarter!

TBH I paused the episode and now I'm just listening to Dan Deacon while I do the dishes

Fuck that, best episode of the semester! (Is that longer than a fiscal quarter? My escalation might be off)

I listened to this episode once on the way to work. At work I listened to Dan Deacon's NPR tiny desk concert and the Adult Swim USA video he did with the Off the Air guy, then found out Adult Swim did a special project where they got a different animator to make a music video for each song on his new album (When I Was Done Dying has a gorgeous one). Then I listened to this episode again on the way home.

I don't want to come off as to gushy, but this episode filled me with a serene happiness that I would abuse if it were a drug. Definitely keeping an eye out for Dan Deacon tickets next time he comes to NYC.

Also the Bryan Bacon scene had me laughing like an idiot.

• Like 3

Holy shit. How did I not know about Dan Deacon. This episode was like a spiritual awakening.

(Also during word association when Besser said "Prom baby" and Lauren said "Flush" LMAO)

• Like 1

I'm glad you approve.

They're not as good as mine though

Man. Thank you improv4humans for consistently pointing me to amazing musical artists I've previously never heard of. What a delight!

• Like 4

What pray tell is this magical chaos that hath descended upon mine ears? Excellent episode.

I find your lack of Woods disturbing.

• Like 1