🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 212 — Dan Deacon and the Mighty Mighty Bosses

all of dan deacon's albums are worth checking out, by the way. the new one is great but he's been putting out consistently good albums for almost a decade.

• Like 1

I find your lack of Woods disturbing.

Oh, no!

I love Zach Woods! That one time Zach's character got aroused by Eric the Intern's flat reading of things was insanely funny!

• Like 1

Singer-songwriters are cool and all, but I like this more

I was losing my shit during that space-synth-prog improv scene

• Like 3

This was a dream team I did not even know I wanted till I saw the title....

Your list is quite awesome.

Also love me some Mike Mitchell and Mike Hanford, but they're not really I4H regulars

Also love me some Mike Mitchell and Mike Hanford, but they're not really I4H regulars

Hell yeah! #spoonnation #drums!

• Like 1

Well, Dan, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...

he meant people talk about what happens to us after life but weird they don't talk about before

Great show, just wanted to ask if there's a version of "When I Was Done Dying" available for purchase that has the trippy auto-tune (?) effect, or if that's something he only does live. I like the album version as well, but I enjoyed that opening so so much I wouldn't mind double-dipping.

I also wanted to say that I was so bummed when Emilio Estevez was described as the "less famous brother" of Charlie Sheen. I love Emilio.

• Like 1

Great show, just wanted to ask if there's a version of "When I Was Done Dying" available for purchase that has the trippy auto-tune (?) effect, or if that's something he only does live. I like the album version as well, but I enjoyed that opening so so much I wouldn't mind double-dipping.

The effect is a vocoder, and no, there is not an official recording of that version.

The effect is a vocoder, and no, there is not an official recording of that version.

But there is this. One sick animated music video.

There is this version he did on KCRW:

If you know your way around the many websites that turn youtube videos into audio, there's the solution.

Here is a breakdown of the scenes from this episode.

- "When I Was Done Dying" - What are people before they're born? - Angel interviews pre-babies to match up with proper parents (2:03)

- Let's Talk Some More About That Song - Appreciating the lyrics of two mighty steeds - Server tries to get a mighty mighty steed for the King (13:21)

- "Biggle hat was ice cream time (Card shark nose nose)" - Boyfriend refuses to turn off reverb on his voice (23:00)

- Let's Talk Some More About That Song - Being a collaborator/One-word pattern game while Dan adds a sweet beat - Brian Bacon/Chef delivers his bacon to a famous food critic/Two couples try to out-fuck each other at Make-Out Point (34:54)

- "Feel the Lightning" - Nerds teaming up with jocks - Despite their differences, the nerds and jocks realize they all love jizzing/Human population jerks off at the same time and causes Earth to be covered in cum (44:28)

- Let's Talk Some More About That Song - The sky getting bummed out by "The sky is the limit" - Clouds get creative to improve viewers' dull imagination (58:24)

- "Learning to Relax" - Trying not to over-analyze things - Salesman gives customer alarm clock that tells subliminal messages during dreams (1:05:49)

Dammit, I knew that was going to be wrong. Somewhere my father is shaking his head sadly.

There is this version he did on KCRW:

If you know your way around the many websites that turn youtube videos into audio, there's the solution.

Thanks for that link (and thanks FUCK! for the music video), sounds like that's going to be my best bet.

Also, thanks again to Mr. Besser for spotlighting these musicians. I'm embarrassingly illiterate when it comes to music, so a source of consistently great recommendations is much appreciated.