🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 385 — The Beatles of Cults

Stand-up comedian extraordinaire John Mulaney is back on this week's Comedy Bang Bang! John and Scott break down the Ebenezer Scrooge costume, reflect on why weird rumors are not circulated about modern celebs, and talk about John's starring role in his new Netflix special "The Comeback Kid." Then, local business woman Big Sue arrives with terrible news about her business "Carpets Rugs Down There" and religious figure Nancy K stops by to talk everyone into joining a very special cult.

• Like 2

Love Betsy and Lauren, but where the eff is Nick Kroll?!?

It's a law in the state of California that Kroll and Mulaney must always appear together on Comedy Bang Bang.

• Like 2

Top to bottom pizza/Scrooge breakdown instant classic moment.

• Like 1

I have this thing with Betsy Sodaro where I think she's funny but her voice kinda annoys me

Big Sue and her carpet store is demanding a With Special Guest episode.

• Like 1

Big Sue sounds like if James Adomian did Lauren Lapkus doing a character. Or vice versa? You get what I'm getting at. It's a delight.

• Like 3

Anybody else hoping for a "Master of None" p-cast with Aziz and Eric?

Sounds like a great B-B-B-Bonus ep for Thursday? :D

Mulaney is so damn quick. He's always one of the best in the pre character guest segments.

• Like 5

I think Mulaney could have been a great talk show host, doesn't appear to be his style, but he would do fine at it. Always thought it was weird that he was never given a shot at Weekend Update since he wrote there. He's got the generic white guy with preppy hair thing going on, so I bet it was a Colin Jost situation, where Lorne probably wanted him to do it but he resisted the whole time

There's something very soothing about Mulaney's voice

• Like 1

Speaking of Master of None, have you guys been watching it? I'm on the sixth episode and it's pretty great so far. You can definitely tell that Harris Wittels was working on this show, because so many of the jokes has a Harris vibe to them (for example: "Are you down to clown in Nash-town?").

And actually some foam got in to the show too! In the beginning of the episode six Aziz's and Eric's characters are discussing the movie 8 Mile and how Eminem raps about there not being a movie and no Mekhi Phifer when there actually is a movie and Mekhi Phifer is there. That's some classic foam from CBB live 2012 Los Angeles episode, if I recall correctly!

• Like 4

Sure, but not before one with Bob and David for "With Bob and David".

• Like 1

I have this thing with Betsy Sodaro where I think she's funny but her voice kinda annoys me

You're like the angle opposite the hypotenuse: Right.

She was funny on Doughboys when she was drooling all over Chick-fil-a but I kept feeling like she was doing a character because her speaking voice sounds so cartoony. I suppose I just assumed she was doing a voice in her previous CBB appearances, but no.

• Like 2

As Regina's manager, please send performance royalties to me via PM, thanks in advance, Big Sue

• Like 1

Billy Epstein is the name of Billy Eichner's character in Difficult People. That showbiz fact must've been bubbling away in Scott's subconscious.

• Like 2

cool story

• Like 2

Big Sue describing Shaun White going down on her by just walking up to her then opening and closing his mouth like a gerbil at it's water bottle.

Probably gonna be the best thing I think about all week.

• Like 7

dude what her voice is everything. betsy sodaro's laugh is my favorite of any human i've encountered

• Like 5