🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
NotBettyWhite

Nerd Poker Fan Campaign?

Anyone interested in a D&D 5e Nerd Poker Fan Campaign on Roll20.net?

I have the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master Guide (even though I am just starting to DM) for D&D 5e. I'm not sure if I could DM the campaign, since I am already DMing, but am interested in playing if someone with experience can DM. ... Anything to make me a better player / DM.

• Like 2

Damn, sound likes fun. Unfortunately, all I have is a kindle fire. I doubt Roll20 works on it.

On a tablet, it's like a 2nd screen experience. You can roll and use chat, but it's not a full version of roll20.

You can totally use Skype equally as effective, but roll20 has the means to roll dice and such.

It can totally be done with a tablet, or even through like an Xbox on skype.

Kickass! Good to see there is some interest while we patiently wait to see what happens with NP.

I'm in Seattle, WA if timezone is an issue.

• Like 1

I almost posted the same thing. The podcast is what got me into D&D. I've DM'd a bunch of 5e campaigns, but could play as well.

Also in Seattle.

• Like 1

Man, I wish I had time to play an extra campaign. I am DMing one and playing in another. My GF would murder me if I added a third. If there's interest down the line, and I end up losing one of my groups, keep me in mind and keep this thread open. I am used to playing 3.5, 3.75 and 5e.

Also, I'm in Vancouver, WA. So, again, PST time zone would line up with you all.

And, I've never used Roll20, I'd love to see how like/unlike the social aspect of D&D it would be. (I suppose that'd be all up to the participants, though).

And, I've never used Roll20, I'd love to see how like/unlike the social aspect of D&D it would be. (I suppose that'd be all up to the participants, though).

So far, I've only used Roll20 as a mapping and character generator tool. I DM from my laptop, and others in the campaign use another laptop logged in as a player. I can show/hide various elements, keep track of HP, time, etc. They can all see what I want them to see, and it's displayed via their laptop, or via HDMI if we're lucky...

It looks like Kindle does not work well with Roll20. I learned this from a friend and online testimonies.

My next major purchase will be a laptop, but I'm not sure when this'll happen. When I do have a laptop, I will definitely be interested in joining. I'll message Not-betty-white with my contact info.

I'm in North Carolina, so it doesn't look like my time zone is going to work very well...

I'm still willing to give it a try though. I've been putting together a campaign for it in my spare time. It's about 70% fan service. Lol

Count me in, if you need players, I have all the free time in the world right now. And cannot find a group to play with. I am on Roll20.net ready to rumble!

• Like 1

Cool - I have your email Trogdor, and just sent you mine. If we get something going, I'll let you know. Also, let us know if you end up getting a laptop!

So far, here's a quick & dirty list of players/DM:

Brandonusprime (Possible DM)

Caerus (Possible DM / Possible Player)

NotBettyWhite (Confirmed Player)

Ben Maxson (Confirmed Player)

Trogdor (Possible Player once laptop is purchased)

Personally, I don't think timezone should be too much of a concern (unless you are on the other side of the planet). I figured we'd only play on the weekends. I work the usual M-F, 9 to 5 job. However, I'm also one of those weekend night owl people that does not go to sleep...

If it's worth giving it a shot at least once, let's do it! Even if it's just a quick Danger Room / Hack n' Slash session. I look at this as more of an experiment. :D

If we want to try to get together Saturday night, for at least some character creation, i think that would be beneficial. If everyone can do it.

I am available Saturday night and am used to staying up late. The Roll20.net link works but no campaign is set up to join there yet. I'll check back here tonight. Thanks for letting me take part in this experiment. Also, I can potentially DM, maybe not for the first go-round, but I know a thing or two and have been building my own campaign world for years.

Also I've been recommended trying discordapp.com for voice communication. Its free and easy, browser-based. I'm free for any game-testing that needs to be done. Cheers!

*Snippity Snip snip*

How about this one... (Also edited the link above)

Saturday is out for me, however I can get a character created.

Ben Maxson - if the above URL works, you should be able to join.

Woot!

UPDATE: Cool - I see you two on there. I'm going to continue the conversation over on those forums.

For anyone that was wondering, we did one session so far, mostly character building and stuff, but it was super fun. If anyone wants to get in, now is the time for you to get your character rolled in, because it will be much harder later.

Yea!! It was great meeting you and Ben. Looking forward to playing.

Frukul Fizzleblast is craving his homemade organic granola snacks and leather FiveFinger boots.

• Like 1

I'd be down to join, free anytime after 5pm CST (Available all day Sundays as well). I've never played D&D and have been having trouble finding a group locally. I have played a million RPG games growing up and feel I have all the info needed to play well enough. Please send me a message, I've been dying to play D&D for a while now and have no idea whwere to start.

Sign in to follow this