🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 259 — Huskey Do's Huskey Don'ts

Howard and Kulap give an in depth acting tutorial which includes articulation drills and how to choose a stage name. Also, Kulap updates Chartists on Billion Dollar Properties, sparking hot debate on whether or not some TV shows are for old people. Later, Brian Huskey joins the show to discuss possible causes for why he lost a significant amount of his vocabulary, as well as his new improvised movie A Better You.

Man i'm old. I was thinking they were referencing Hüsker Dü the band (and the old board game which gave the band its name), but I think they were referencing the joke in Joe Dirt?

Man i'm old. I was thinking they were referencing Hüsker Dü the band (and the old board game which gave the band its name), but I think they were referencing the joke in Joe Dirt?

In their defense the reference in Joe Dirt is pretty amazing. I'm not a fan of that movie as a whole, but that scene has really stuck with me

17:13

Did it seem like there was a weird edit here from the laugh into #2?

Yeah I noticed that too. A bid awkward.

When they say Loot Crate ships to over thirteen countires, doesn't that just mean fourteen?

• Like 3

Wanna feel old? Krampus isn't even out yet.

• Like 1

Given the ages and musical tastes of Howard and Brian and the fact that Kulap is from Minnesota, I'm sure they're all very familiar with Husker Du, and that was the reference.

Howard's vocal warm-up was PHENOMENAL. I can't ever remember such a long stretch of an episode where I was so completely transfixed.

Also, thumbs up to whichever Engineer Cody is responsible for this version of the new theme, sans "And Stard!"

• Like 2

"You can be supergirl and shout simplistic feminism at me"

"I already do that!"

Howard teed this one up and Ku knocked it out of the park (sorry for mixing sports metaphors)

• Like 1

Guest time is still way too short.

I'm developing all sorts of conspiracy theories about what the logistics are here... Like why is this better for Kulap's schedule. Maybe it's easier to get a guest to come in for 20 minutes rather than an hour? Or maybe they are recording the two halves of the show at different times, like maybe the guest parts are all recorded at once and saved up, and just the Two Charted parts are recorded weekly??

It's easier for her schedule because they're recording one show per week rather than two. I think, within those parameters, the specific format is just what they think is best creatively.

It's easier for her schedule because they're recording one show per week rather than two. I think, within those parameters, the specific format is just what they think is best creatively.

Even though their fans are telling them it's definitively not. I'm sure I'll eventually start to listen again, but right now I just keep checking the show description to see if they have the guest on from the get go.

• Like 1

Even though their fans are telling them it's definitively not. I'm sure I'll eventually start to listen again, but right now I just keep checking the show description to see if they have the guest on from the get go.

ahhh, well thankfully you still take the time to share your passive-aggressive thoughts about a podcast you "don't" listen to...

Sign in to follow this