đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 124 - Hackers

Hackers was the shit! However, it just doesn't hold up. When you think of video quality, speed of the internet and content it was all really bad 20 years ago. I saw Hackers for a second time in about 2002 and it was horrible. iPhones have about 15 times the computing power as a 90's computer.

Consider the movie Wall Street, it's a great movie, but everything from the Brick Phone tosuits are badly out of stye. The average person doesn't remember how immature the internet was.

Anyway, if you knew technology and saw Hackers at time of release, it was pretty inventive.

Hackers is the Lord of the Rings of computer hacking movies, in that every cliche of the genre can be traced back to it.

Angelina Jolene looks an awful lot like a certain Star Trek Enterprise character.

Wait a minute...2 Jolenes?

Angelina Jolene Blalock????!!!!! O_O

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Angelina-Jolie_Hackers2.jpg

tumblr_inline_mq2il4y1vU1qz4rgp.jpg

Top 3 sideburns + pixie bowl cut hairdos:

1. Anne Hathaway - Interstellar

2. Jolene - Enterprise

3. Jolene- Hackers

To paraphrase Paul's "it's a bold move..."

fzrtozl.jpg

tumblr_nt7hwt4oai1tkezu4o1_500.gif

I liked the choppy pixie cut too, it was cool and edgy and it fit with the whole idgaf attitude. I think she pulls off short hair as well as she does with the super long hair in The Tourist.

Good bone structure can't save a bad movie.

Relevant:

http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-untold-story-of-the-teen-hackers-who-transformed-th-1770977586

On October 12th, 1983, Bill Landreth called his friend Chris in Detroit to chat. Chris frantically explained that the FBI had raided his house. “Don’t call me anymore,” Chris said in what would be a very short conversation. Bill didn’t know exactly what was happening, but he did know this: If the FBI had come for Chris, then he might be next.

The next day, around a dozen FBI agents stormed Bill’s parent’s house just outside of San Diego, amassing piles of evidence including a computer that Bill, then 18, had hidden under his sister’s bed. Bill and Chris, who was 14 at the time, were the leaders of a coalition of teen hackers known as The Inner Circle. In a single day, the FBI conducted coordinated raids of group members across nine states, taking computers, modems, and copious handwritten notes detailing ways to access various networks on what was then a rudimentary version of the internet.

hackers came out in 1995 but on this day 1994 a certain album came out that changed everything. it was the prodigy's music for the jilted generation. you know everyone has that one album that stays with them forever ... well, for me, this is it. and one of the best songs featured on the soundtrack for hackers .. i gotta say, watching this movie brought back some good times ... i was one of those joe blogs, xworkx stupid baggy jeans wearing fools but it was the music of the prodigy that got me into the scene in the first place.

i know every older generation says this about the younger generations music but the EDM of today is shite compared to the likes of the prodigy, orbital, chemical brothers etc ... theres no anger in dance music anymore ... and the jilted generation came out at a time when it was needed .. if you lived over here (ireland/uk) back then im sure you know what im talking about ... ahhh im just being an old git ... enjoy

i know every older generation says this about the younger generations music but the EDM of today is shite compared to the likes of the prodigy, orbital, chemical brothers etc ... theres no anger in dance music anymore ... and the jilted generation came out at a time when it was needed .. if you lived over here (ireland/uk) back then im sure you know what im talking about ... ahhh im just being an old git ... enjoy

I'm probably your age -- I absolutely hated Prodigy and Chem Brothers and the pop electronica of the time. It was basically the equivalent of today's brostep. My friends and I all liked The Orb, Future Sound of London, 808 State, Aphex Twin, not to mention all the great Chicago house and techno that I danced to at warehouse parties back in the early 90s.

True hackers would be listening to Amiga tracker music, though! I had a computer with a modem back then, and I spent hours on my headphones with this stuff.

Doesn't matter how many times this has been mentioned and re-mentioned here. Second time hearing the episode and every time I think about "what's its mission", I lose my everloving shit. SHIRTS SHIRTS SHIRTS!

Watched 2003's 'The Core' recently cause love me some bad scifi. & it's like they based the character Rat on the entire Hackers cast. This clip is a huge rip off but I love it.

[media='']

[/media]