Sign in to follow this  
Dick Navis

MST3K Kickstarter

Hey there forums,

I was just rifling through the forums and realized I hadn't seen anything about MST3K's Kickstarter posted here. If you're anything like me, your sense of humour owes part of its upbringing to Mystery Science Theater 3000, so here's a blurb and the link!

Mystery Science Theater 3000, also known as MST3K, is in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign and it needs your help. For those unfamiliar, it was a comedy TV series that ran in the 1980s and 90s.

Featuring a man and his robot sidekicks, they riffed on B-movies as a part of an "experiment." The series ran for 11 years, 197 episodes, one feature film, won a Peabody Award in 1993, and was listed as one of Time magazine's "100 Best TV Shows of All-Time" in 2007. You may have seen some of the same people when they toured as Cinematic Titanic, too.

The creator, Joel Hodgson, is now attempting to bring back the legendary comedy series through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter. He needs to raise $5.5 Million by December 11, 2015 to be able to produce a new season of 12 episodes. Whether you are interested in supporting this campaign, or if just want to learn more, please check out this site:

https://www.BringBackMST3k.com

#BringBackMST3k

• Like 3

Oh yeah, I should mention why I'm posting it HERE too: Baron Vaughn of Malton on Movies, Jonah Ray and Hampton Yount who've been guests on various things are all attached to it. Lots of comedy chops!

Oh yeah, I should mention why I'm posting it HERE too: Baron Vaughn of Malton on Movies, Jonah Ray and Hampton Yount who've been guests on various things are all attached to it. Lots of comedy chops!

And, announced earlier today, titan of comedy Patton Oswalt!

• Like 1

Also just announced: the other writers! Amazing lineup: Dana Gould, Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, Rob Schrab, Nell Scovell, Ernie Cline, Paul and Storm, Pat Rothfuss, Robert Lopez, and Paul Chaplin, one of the original writers.

• Like 1