🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 216 — Grudge Justice

Playwright and poet Dan O'Brien joins Jessica St. Clair, Danielle Schneider, Lennon Parham, and Jason Mantzoukas for a special poetry filled edition of improv4humans with Matt Besser! Dan reads some poems from his Scarsdale and War Reporter collections to inspire scenes about the "hmmming" phenomenon in the poetry world, the prophecy of having to marry your improv scene partner after doing a proposal scene, and buying stolen items from raccoons. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Dan O'Brien is a great poet. He's right up there with Dalton Wilcox and Patrick McMahon, though his stuff isn't as dark.

• Like 6

This episode went by way too quickly, hmm, it was sooooo good, hmm.

• Like 2

ooooh, the two loves of St. Clair in the same room!!!! I can't wait to listen to this

Can anyone explain chicago city limits? Google says It is a improv theater that branched off of Second City, but are they well known for doing musical improv?

Also loved Matt giving the suggestion of "Pineapple"

FUCK YES

"Baby made a boom-boom."

Turn around and Womp it up, jerks!

We even got a Fage mention!

• Like 3

That part was probably the hardest I laughed in the episode.

That and in the raccoon sketch "I got a dirty diap"... sort of a spiritual successor lol

It was great to experience the 2 real life couples.

also such a roller coasterly diverse episode.

going from some pretty heavy poetry to improv comedy.

I loved it.

• Like 3

This was so great. As soon as I saw the line-up I was excited, it didn't disappoint. I was a little wary when I saw there'd be poetry but that turned out to be great too :o

• Like 1

Jesus that poetry was incredible. The two about the war reporter especially. I was almost in tears sitting at a walmart parking lot.

• Like 4

Last week I made the comment about how jarring it can be to have serious stuff in between scenes, and then O'Brien comes on the show and does very serious poetry.

It worked, though. Great ep.

*Opinion*

I like Jessica St. Clair. I like her brand of barrage humor. Womp it Up is one my favorite podcasts.

That being Matt, Lennon, and Jason are probably 3 of the top 10 improvisers in the world. They are all gifts to the world. I was so excited to hear them, but Jessica initiated OR derailed every scene. She probably said 70% of the words. It was like if an okay guitarist solo'd over an entire U2 concert.

you're talking about Lennon and Zouks, right...?

That's right. Lennon is also one of the loves. So, its a St. Clair rectangle!

Sign in to follow this