🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 390 - The Oh, Hello Show

Stand-up extraordinaire Eugene Mirman aka 1/3 of the Titans of Comedy returns to tell us all about his new 9-volume comedy album "I'm Sorry (You're Welcome)" on this week's Comedy Bang Bang! Eugene goes into what you can find in his new comedy album (including 45 minutes of himself crying), describes exactly what is a "Fuckscape," and ponders the possibility of a Talking Bob's Burgers after show. Then, George St. Geegland & Gil Faizon fly in from New York to talk about their holiday plans, the 60s, and their current Off-Broadway run of their new show "The Oh, Hello Show." Don't miss it or you might get Tuna'd!

This has probably been asked tonnes already, but how the fwig do you vote for the best eps of the year? Is there a thread somewhere that I can't see?

This has probably been asked tonnes already, but how the fwig do you vote for the best eps of the year? Is there a thread somewhere that I can't see?

It's on the main CBB page.

• Like 1

I adore both the jokes about Steve Rannazzisi and the fact that Nick didn't quite pick up on what was happening for a few moments

• Like 8

I adore both the jokes about Steve Rannazzisi and the fact that Nick didn't quite pick up on what was happening for a few moments

The whole part when Scott didn't get that Ralfie from The League was Jason Mantzoukas (the true host of CBB) and right after Nick not getting that Scott's "9/11" guy was Steve Rannazzisi, not Jason looking like a terrorist was my favorite thing in this great episode. Too bad they cut it off.

• Like 2

The whole part when Scott didn't get that Ralfie from The League was Jason Mantzoukas (the true host of CBB) and right after Nick not getting that Scott's "9/11" guy was Steve Rannazzisi, not Jason looking like a terrorist was my favorite thing in this great episode. Too bad they cut it off.

I think Scott got it but wasn't biting on it. But the turn for Kroll was wonderful.

• Like 1

No Woody Allen impression means I can only give this a C instead of the usual C+.

• Like 1

Pretty, pretty funny

Album as a chair and as a robe was my favorite bit and it wasn't even a bit! It's just something really funny!

• Like 1

Too bad the plug bag outro just missed out on a good addition.

I think maybe there should be an annual reset on the outro comments. If Tiny is on 4 or 5 times next year, plus say, 2 or 3 PFT characters getting in on the action, the closing theme this time next year is going to be a monster.

• Like 3

At 53:20, Gil ALMOST sneaked in an "It's Been Awhile" reference.

Just more proof that's going to be impossible for Scott to truly retired this catchphrase. It annoys the shit out of me that he refuses to engage.

• Like 2

Wow so I completely missed the Steve Rannazzissi (I'm sure I spelled that wrong but don't care) reference, and had no idea who 9/11 guy was, but after that, I was supremely pleased that George and Gil talked about hanging out with Bob Durst. Back when I first saw the Jinx I was begging for Kroll and Mulaney to have some material about Bobby D

Thanks from a rabid tuna-head

• Like 3

I wasn't paying super close attention and I also missed the Steve R. reference. Incidentally, I just listened to the Pete Davidson episode of You Made It Weird, which must have been recorded pretty shortly before that story broke, because they mentioned him as someone who was inspired to get into comedy by 9/11. In the context of Davidson's story, he seems like even more of a piece of shit.

• Like 1

"No miss, I don't want to buy this Nautica shirt, I want to know about the whole operation".

Gil and GstG were on FIRE.

• Like 2

The Bobby D health food store run had me rolling.

"Life's a game asshole, and you can kill or be killed."

Then he looked at me and he said, "I understand."

• Like 3

Too bad the plug bag outro just missed out on a good addition.

I think maybe there should be an annual reset on the outro comments. If Tiny is on 4 or 5 times next year, plus say, 2 or 3 PFT characters getting in on the action, the closing theme this time next year is going to be a monster.

I think it was close enough to be added as canon. I'm sure the Engineer Codys are skilled enough to cut out Scott's "alright" and add Kroll's addition to the song.

• Like 1

Sorry, I must be blind, I can't find where I vote for the best of 2015. Any help?

Its on the right side of the page, theres just checkboxes and episode titles with guests listed

you call yourself an architect and you cant even find the voting!?

• Like 3

Sorry, I must be blind, I can't find where I vote for the best of 2015. Any help?

Do you by any chance have Ghostery installed on your browser? It's configured to block Polldaddy (the service Earwolf uses for voting) by default. If so, you can toggle off that particular rule in Ghostery's settings.